Starting a doggy daycare

bailey1lam

Re: starting a doggy daycare

Post by bailey1lam »

nle wrote:Im DEFINETLY wanting to start a doggy spa/daycare in lake country I have a huge fenced back yard , so much love for animals and I know that if you find what you love to do you will be successful... just dont want to give up my business if there isnt that much interest or intent here ...any feedback would be greatly appreciated...thankyou :sunshine:

Yes!! I for one, would use the services of a dog day-care in this area. Short term boarding would be great. Good luck.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I think rates are going to be a big factor in whether some folk would use such a service or not. I know there's a limit as to what I'd be inclined to pay, and at what point I'd make other arrangements.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
nle
Fledgling

Post by nle »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:I think rates are going to be a big factor in whether some folk would use such a service or not. I know there's a limit as to what I'd be inclined to pay, and at what point I'd make other arrangements.

absolutely i agree Im not trying to get rich ( much ) but i do need to pay bills etc
nle
Fledgling

Post by nle »

nle wrote:
LoneWolf_53 wrote:I think rates are going to be a big factor in whether some folk would use such a service or not. I know there's a limit as to what I'd be inclined to pay, and at what point I'd make other arrangements.

absolutely i agree Im not trying to get rich ( much ) but i do need to pay bills etc

just curious lonewolf what part of town do you live in and what do you think is a great daily rate per dog???
Darlin06
Board Meister

Re: Starting a doggy daycare

Post by Darlin06 »

You can check out a few other places in the Okanagan...They usually have their rates posted on their websites...Use that as a guideline...I think a daycare is always in need...Lots of people like to go away or come visit and can't always bring pets...

I for one, when looking at a daycare, would look at the environment, the people in charge, luxuries included, etc...If I had to travel from West Kelowna to Lake Country because I found your place better than something over here, I would. People treat their pets like children and we want the best possible care when we can't be around.

I wish you so much luck! This was my biggest dream since I can remember and it hasn't happened yet for me :)
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

nle wrote:Im DEFINETLY wanting to start a doggy spa/daycare in lake country I have a huge fenced back yard , so much love for animals and I know that if you find what you love to do you will be successful... just dont want to give up my business if there isnt that much interest or intent here ...any feedback would be greatly appreciated...thankyou :sunshine:

Did you start one?

How's it going if you did?

What is your biggest surprise? Disappointment?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
nle
Fledgling

Post by nle »

hi just getting all my puppies in a row ( hahaha) im thinking best case would be to make a spring opening date so we have the luxury of using my huge fenced back yard with shade trees mini pools etc...im getting amazing feedback and Im so very very excited its a GO!!!! :nutzoid:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Demand? Is there demand for you services? Have you checked with pet places?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
nle
Fledgling

Post by nle »

Queen K wrote:Demand? Is there demand for you services? Have you checked with pet places?

you betcha was the FIRST thing i did (duh) lol i also have the backing of my own vet who has known me for over 15 years :nyah:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:127: of course.

But I am your biggest fan. So I am looking forward to a good report
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

nle wrote:ok lol umm sorry if you misunderstood me , I know all that "stuff" so thanks for that
what im asking is if there is any need for a daycare here in lake country and YES im allowed to have one where i live ...thanks again for input I already have a home based business for the last 10 yrs here so im not confused on how to start up etc :)

You need to be a lot more specific then if you ask such a general question as your opening post....
gw43

Post by gw43 »

I think if your half as patient with the dogs in your care as you have been with some of these comments I'd be more than happy leave mine with you having no worries. I thought your question was quite clear, lol.
nle
Fledgling

Post by nle »

gw43 wrote:I think if your half as patient with the dogs in your care as you have been with some of these comments I'd be more than happy leave mine with you having no worries. I thought your question was quite clear, lol.

honestly please trust me i LOVE dogs wayyy more than most people when i think about being able to actually spend my care looking after them and nurturing them ...finally being able to do that i actually have tears in my eyes the only thing stopping me is since I live alone and am 100% responsible for being a big girl and paying mortgage and bills ( ewwww) i have to make sure i dont lose my home over it so instead of charging a crazy stupid amount i am willing to take in more babies at a lesser charge than less at a more higher charge umm if that makes sense ...i have no "formal " training except perhaps my 52 years of being with animals always in my home... Im not going to try to train them (Im no ceser millan) however im more than mature enough to walk them every day more than once, keep them safe, nurture their little souls and LOVE them .... kinda like a puppysitter yup yup
gw43

Post by gw43 »

I hear you there, some of my best friends are furry critters. Good luck to you hope it works out.
Memphy

Post by Memphy »

Did you ever start your doggy daycare? would you take dogs for weekends and how would I get a hold of you?

Return to “Central Okanagan”