World Junior Hockey Championship

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Re: World Junior Hockey Championship

Post by jaz301 »

Well here we go. Canada vs Russia for 1st place in group A and a bye to the semis. Loser plays The swiss in quarter final.
Life is too sho......
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

jackthebumblebee wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N0uxwogoys&list=UUhZcecVCevbb88Na15a-how&index=4

This guy posts all the highlights from the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship. Hope you didn't miss this game, it was crazy!

Yeah those are definitely highlights. Canada has not even played Sweden yet plus that clip is only 7 sec of the rick roll song.
Life is too sho......
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Excellent game between Swiss & Russians.

Swiss took it all the way to shoot out.... impressive.

Semi have:
Canada vs USA
Sweden vs Russia

Go Canada Go
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote: Canada has not even played Sweden

They played in pre-tournament on Dec 22 to a 2 to 1 (SO) win for Canada. (means nothing though)

Canada need to beat USA (puck drops @ 1am tomorrow) & Sweden needs to beat the Russians ( puck drops @ 5am tomorrow)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Well here we go. Canada vs US again except this time its for a trip to the gold medal game. GO CANADA GO!
Life is too sho......
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Well that was a disappointing effort by Team Canada. They came out flat and US came out flying (most likely carrying momentum from the quarter final game). Sometimes byes do not work into your fav. Next year there will be no byes so should work in everyone favor.

So now Canada will play in the bronze medal game. Lets hope they win that at least.
Life is too sho......
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Disappointing is an understatement jaz. They were awful and there's no excuse for that performance. Subban was brutal and looked silly with that *bleep* happened look on his face after every goal. They had no speed and were totally inept at stopping the US defence from generating offence. They looked like atoms on the first US goal, everyone chasing the puck. I tuned out after two periods and went to bed, knowing they will feel worse than me. Ah teenagers. Next year, perhaps.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Well that was a disappointing effort by Team Canada. They came out flat and US came out flying (most likely carrying momentum from the quarter final game). Sometimes byes do not work into your fav. Next year there will be no byes so should work in everyone favor.

So now Canada will play in the bronze medal game. Lets hope they win that at least.

j watson wrote:Disappointing is an understatement jaz. They were awful and there's no excuse for that performance. Subban was brutal and looked silly with that what the heck happened look on his face after every goal. They had no speed and were totally inept at stopping the US defence from generating offence. They looked like atoms on the first US goal, everyone chasing the puck. I tuned out after two periods and went to bed, knowing they will feel worse than me. Ah teenagers. Next year, perhaps.

I got very uneasy feeling after yesterdays 7 to nothing thumping by USA over the Czech Republic. So I checked score before turning on the game it was the end of 2 it was 4 to nothing US. My first thought was the coach left Subban in to long. (this was based on not watching the game)
Going undefeated in round-robin is not always a good thing.

So Canada vs Russia for Bronze, hopefully they don't start Subban.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well they *bleep* the bed,what a no show
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Subban could have played better today, but he is not to blame for the loss. The 18 skaters in front of him did sweet diddly all to try and win. It was hilight show of giveaways and bad passes all game long.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I do think Subban could have worked harder see around the screens. He said as much after the 1st game against Germany but he didn't make the adjustment. Not to metion they had his number going high to the glove over and over, an obvious risk for a shorter butterfly goalie. Not entirely his fault though, it is a team game and they didn't show much of a scoring touch throughout the tournie.

Oh well, the Canada Russia game should bring the house down this Saturday, I imagine being on home soil the Russians will be a very motivated group.

To add insult to injury, is there a single Canuck prospect playing in the tournament?
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Well there you have it. Canada's 14 year medal streak has come to an end. They looked good in the reg rounds (the improved every games). Then the playoff rounds came and they just fell apart. Next year we need to start the medal streak again.
Life is too sho......
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Great game though, incredible entertainment. The NHL would be foolish not to sign an agreement and take advantage of the desire for hockey this tournament generates.

By the way, anyone see the resemblance between Boon Jenner and Mark Messier? Not only in looks and upbringing but his style of play. He's going to be a great player for the BlueJackets - sucks the Canucks could have drafted him.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

No horseshoes up the hoo hoo this year and it would appear that it's no longer 'our' game. Great start again boys.....oh yeah, that's right, they are boys. Still, I must offer a bronx cheer for the effort and goaltending in the last two games. What ever happened to all the awesome goalies that used to come from Quebec anyway?
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

"Never ceases to amaze how a nation that can be so self-righteous about its "hockey knowledge" defaults to blaming goalie after a tough loss." -@KevinIsInGoal via Twitter

Couldna said it better myself.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”