Cleansing and detoxing

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Cleansing and detoxing

Post by Phoenix Within »

Do any of the store bought products work? Does anyone have an easy to follow method that's not based on junk science?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Cleansing and detoxing

Post by flamingfingers »

I don't see how anything to do with 'cleansing and detoxing' could be based on anything BUT junk science!

Frank Sacks, MD, a leading epidemiologist at the Harvard School of Public Health, says, "There is no basis in human biology that indicates we need fasting or any other detox formula to detoxify the body because we have our own internal organs and immune system that take care of excreting toxins."

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/guide ... ging-myths

Detox, or detoxification, diets are popular, but they're not scientifically proven.
Detox diets are touted as a way to remove toxins from the body. Specific detox diets vary — but typically a period of fasting is followed by a strict diet of raw vegetables, fruit and fruit juices, and water. In addition, some detox diets advocate using herbs and other supplements along with colon cleansing (enemas) to empty the intestines.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/detox-diets/AN01334
Chill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Only eat items from the outside perimeter of the store. (As much as possible)
That will give you a relatively healthy diet. Stay away from the canned goods and that will reduce your sodium intake as well as other additives. Exercise 30+min per day.

That will do more good than most other "fads" and is the healthiest life choice.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I have done the Wild Rose Cleanse a couple of times. The recommended diet with it is excellent.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Phoenix Within wrote:Do any of the store bought products work? Does anyone have an easy to follow method that's not based on junk science?

In order to " detox " you have to believe that your body is " toxic " ? Hum .....
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

a lot of people are toxic. we know that because of the number
of people who get a cold each year.

just eat a ton of a variety of vegetables, with half of them fresh uncooked
and do exercise. Better than taking some detox stuff. An quit with the white flour and white sugar.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Thinktank wrote:a lot of people are toxic. we know that because of the number
of people who get a cold each year.

just eat a ton of a variety of vegetables, with half of them fresh uncooked
and do exercise. Better than taking some detox stuff. An quit with the white flour and white sugar.

Unless you have a pe-existing medical problem, e.g., diabetes, metabolic dysfunction, anemia, are immunosuppressed, have Crohn's disease, malabsorption syndrome to name a few, your body is perfectly equipped to break down any ingested toxins and eliminate them without need of 'cleansing/detoxifying' agents.
Chill
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

A pint a day is the best inner cleanser there is .

Pint = A DARK Beer
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Truely, most of those cleanses are harsh, best like others said to eat stuff from around the outside edges of the store and fermented foods.
Try to watch the acidity level in your body and deal with it if its out of whack.
People used to say supplements are just a junky costly way of trying to stay healthy. I believe in them because as much as you believe you are getting selenium and other great stuff from our natural foods its weak, our soils dont have it anymore like they used to and many growers are rushing our foods to get them on the shelf so I take supplements that are important to me because I dont want to be low, most of us are some bit low on Vit D because we do not get the sun some areas do and as much as we know the sun can cause skin cancer the Vit D it offers actually protects from skin cancer but we tend to sit on a beach 2 months of the year and bake so thats where we go wrong. It needs to be in moderation all year long and thats hard to do with winter getting in our way.
Just eat well and make sure all the nessesary stuff gets in.
Look up antioxidant foods, there are lots that help the body cure itself of some diseases and they are easy to find.
Anti inflamatory foods like Kippered snacks and sardines and much much more. Inflamation is the main cause of heart issues, and swollen joints as well as diabetes and cancers. Some foods will actually help with these issues. Most people believe these issues are just age related issues. Well diabetes is kinda, have a quick read on this.

A large number of studies have focused on the factors involved in the pathogenesis of diabetic complications, most seeking effective therapies, but the exact cellular or molecular basis of these complications has not yet been fully elucidated. Hyperglycemia is still considered the principal cause of diabetes complications. Its deleterious effects are attributable, among other things, to the formation of sugar-derived substances called advanced glycation end products (AGEs). AGEs form at a constant but slow rate in the normal body, starting in early embryonic development, and accumulate with time. However, their formation is markedly accelerated in diabetes because of the increased availability of glucose.

So if this is true I find it hard to believe its only a diabetic thing. I have to think those who can control their blood sugar still have this stuff causing other problems because they likely do eat a lot of junk but their body just happens to deal with the sugar count better then others. Free radicals of many kinds are a problem for mostly everyone but many manage to not even know they have anything wrong because the body fights hard if it can, till one day its tired and something shows up, yet some people are built like tanks and nothing ever happens.

I have to say I believe most of our illnesses can be dealt with using the right foods but we have to know what to eat. Lemon juice from real lemons is great for helping clean our bodies from the inside without us doing much else but it doesnt hurt to try to do more anyway just because there is so much junk food, dirt in the air and chemicals where we work and no matter where you live unless out in the boonies there are car emmisions all over your doorstep too sneaking into your house. Clean your body gradually by eating right. Its the best way IMO.

Apple cider vinigar, another great food to take in, stinks but its got a lot of great properties in it that help clean and could even cure.

My disclaimer, I am not a doctor, this is only my view and you should talk to your doctor before adding anything to your daily diet or exercise plan,,, just in case you know, you drop to the floor and try to blame me :dyinglaughing:
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
tazmandew
Fledgling

Post by tazmandew »

I've used this for detoxing. It tastes really gross but works great. You can find it at most health food stores.

FlorEssence.jpg

Flor Essence is a tea that is designed to cleanse the body from the inside out to promote a higher level of health and wellness. The product comes in powder and liquid form. Flor Essence claims to cleanse and detoxify the body at the cellular level, reduce the risk of some health conditions and support the immune system.

Return to “Health”