Kelowna new downtown

cv23
Guru

Re: Kelowna new downtown

Post by cv23 »

theyeti wrote:the road would still be there . just close it to cars for summer seems easy enuff

Once you chase away the vehicle traffic, even for a couple months, it just won't come back and why should it?
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

it was just closed for a few months . guess what the cars r back already took like a minute and they came back ....
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

theyeti wrote:it was just closed for a few months . guess what the cars r back already took like a minute and they came back ....

Simply curiosity about the "new downtown". Once the novelty wears off traffic will also drop off.
Would the City, or downtown merchants, provide something grand and new every fall to attract back the local customers they chase away every summer?
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

what business do u think would be affected its all bars anyways . hopefully most of there customers r not driving home !
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

theyeti wrote:what business do u think would be affected its all bars anyways .

Only "bar" on Bernard is Doc's
KelownaCC
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCC »

Does anyone know if they have installed bike racks on Bernard yet? Last time I was downtown, just after the road reopened, there were no bike racks yet, so I locked my bike to one of the flimsy metal things that surround the new trees.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Does anyone know if they have installed bike racks on Bernard yet? Last time I was downtown, just after the road reopened, there were no bike racks yet, so I locked my bike to one of the flimsy metal things that surround the new trees.

i was looking for them but the speed limit was too high to have a good look.the nad knockers encircling the intersection corners kept catching my eye too i was wondering if they were it .then i thought how many half blind drunks will go bum over tea kettle before they are removed.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Simply curiosity about the "new downtown".

i think most are just glad they can get through right now .once its finished and me and my bike freinds are ridin side by side just sharrowing the road with you ,most drivers will truly hate it ,and will hopefully want to get a bike put in their trunk and ride up and down bicycle utopia.it will also become The perfect strip for slow cruisin hot rods .and hot babes on beach bicycles ,who cares about the crooked posts .lets promote it as the bicycle, hot rod ,rock n roll pub utopia it could be.OH and dont forget the harleys by the hundreds.party on kelowna
Peace be with you.
Lerfy
Board Meister

Post by Lerfy »

Hmmm, have any of you pole hating complainers seen the castanet poll right now... looks like we're at about 51% of people liking them. I was getting the impression reading this forum that everybody but me hated them. I guess you haven't had a chance to register your vote.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

I voted "yes"
It's a very close line though.
Tomorrow I may not like them, but tonight...tired and stupified...I like them.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

id vote no to catapults ,wheres the link,just don't waste any money straitening them ,its no biggie
Peace be with you.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

I was downtown last night and noticed that there are projectors mounted on some of the new poles.
They project a design down on the sidewalk.
I don`t know what it is sorta looked like a pinecone with needles or maybe a porcupine.
Maybe it is a native design.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

probably kelownas new symbol
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Interesting designs but I didn't take a close enough look to see what it was - not the City's logo.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

I prefer the circa 1929 Bernard Ave pesonally.
Sure do love Rutland!!

Return to “Central Okanagan”