Dangerous Drivers of Rutland

Home of the traffic rant.
rookie314
Übergod

Re: Dangerous Drivers of Rutland

Post by rookie314 »

This the funniest thread ever. This only happens in Rutland? :ohmygod: You ever driven down Lakeshore? or KLO or Gordon or Spall or Glenmore? Speeding and dangerous driving is epidemic in Kelowna and will never dissapear because people get away with it.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

speed limits r too low for the most part let us upgrade a few roads and raise the speed limits to 80 in town on certain roads . i propose benvoulin and swamp for a cpl of said roads that could be upgraded . also maybe gordon could grow a bit and increase its speed limit as well
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

You can't really have higher speeds on roads with side roads and driveways entering onto them. Too dangerous and isn't going to happen.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Its funny how nutcases cant figure out that speeding to get somewhere isn't the best policy. Some people will never grow up and figure anything out until its quite possibly too late.
Speeding for some, is a way of life, a point to prove, a rebel without a cause trying to prove nothing other than how stupid they look.
It doesn't matter how safely or courteously you get somewhere, all that matters is how fast you can travel without getting caught or in an accident, how many times you lane change, and how many times you pin it to burn fuel faster.
There is no common sense for these types, I can tell when I pass them sitting at a red light in the "fast lane".
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

UltraViolet wrote:Its funny how nutcases cant figure out that speeding to get somewhere isn't the best policy. Some people will never grow up and figure anything out until its quite possibly too late.
Speeding for some, is a way of life, a point to prove, a rebel without a cause trying to prove nothing other than how stupid they look.
It doesn't matter how safely or courteously you get somewhere, all that matters is how fast you can travel without getting caught or in an accident, how many times you lane change, and how many times you pin it to burn fuel faster.
There is no common sense for these types, I can tell when I pass them sitting at a red light in the "fast lane".

Oh yes aint this the truth. Look how many accidents and rollovers there have been today and recently on the connector, all due to slick roads and pretty much all due to inappropriate speed for the conditions. Lets face it you don't generally roll a vehicle at 50km/hr.
c-89

Post by c-89 »

This the funniest thread ever. This only happens in Rutland?

I don't think anyone ever claimed it only happens in Rutland.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Another big accident on Springfield between Quigley and Gerstmar at about 11:30 this morning. Springfield is just re-opening now! Sure hope it's on the news as I missed getting pics of it.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I've had two near misses lately, both times in Glenmore. Both times elderly folk who couldn't be botherd to a) signal, and b) look to see if someone was in the oncoming lane before turning across it to get to their destination. Seriously??? Both times I nailed my brakes and leaned on the horn, both times the old farts looked surprised to see me there. Honestly, I hadn't even gotten up to speed, it happened on side roads for crying out loud!
I haven't failed until I quit.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Lady tehMa wrote:I've had two near misses lately, both times in Glenmore. Both times elderly folk who couldn't be botherd to a) signal, and b) look to see if someone was in the oncoming lane before turning across it to get to their destination. Seriously??? Both times I nailed my brakes and leaned on the horn, both times the old farts looked surprised to see me there. Honestly, I hadn't even gotten up to speed, it happened on side roads for crying out loud!
I really believe that a large number of very old drivers change lanes slowly without looking around to much because they can't. and listen to see if someone honks. if no one honks it must be clear.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Hmmm wrote:I really believe that a large number of very old drivers change lanes slowly without looking around to much because they can't. and listen to see if someone honks. if no one honks it must be clear.

This condition of not signalling or mirror and shoulder checking isn't the exclusive domain of older drivers.

I find that a good quantity of drivers change lanes without signalling at all. It absolutely behooves me as to why somebody would do this. The signal isn't there just for the drivers you see - it's also there for the drivers you don't see.

I also find there's a huge reliance on wing mirrors that seems to be misplaced. I've been happily riding along right beside a passenger or driver window and have actually witnessed drivers (of all ages and genders) look into their wing mirror and then move over. If they just turn their head slightly and look out the friggin window they'd actually see the two-wheeled vehicle right next to them.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”