The Dziekanski Disaster: what did we learn?

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The Dziekanski Disaster: what did we learn?

Post by Ken7 »

zoo

I learned that there are still those, five full years later, after many reviews, changes to usage rules, enhanced training and testing of tazers... still are trying to stand on a soap box and try to make some useless point that really has no bearing on anything.

That is why my comment was knock your self out to the poster who wanted to continue digging on an issue that has been dealt with.

You can bet your last dollar that the video from the incident has on many levels been view by police.

Training and use of force has been changed I'm sure. It should have been deemed and most like was the members involved acted inappropriately. They will be used over and over, as a poor examples of police officers.

If you could go back in time, I'm certain his mother also would have not left the airport without her son in hand.

Any further discussion on this topic would be no different than talking about Custer’s Last Stand. What would you learn out of it and how would it impact anything??
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Ken7 wrote:That is why my comment was knock your self out to the poster who wanted to continue digging on an issue that has been dealt with.

yeah right. dealt with.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

Thinktank wrote:my question was : what did we learn?

This matter has reinforced several thoughts and opinions that I already had.

Do not travel to a foreign place without some knowledge as to what to expect and how things will be.
If unsure when in said foreign airport, find a uniformed person and ask for assistance (said people are abundant at YVR)
Comply with orders from people who are obviously police or polizei. Bullet proof vests and gunbelts are good clues.
This is written as someone who has been to many foreign airports and through YVR numerous times.

The four RCMP members followed their training in dealing with a non compliant person.
The members work in an organisation that fosters an environment where the employees are fearful of management and speaking out.
They work in an environment where they will be thrown under the proverbial bus by a superior to save him/herself.
The four members should not have lied to cover their tracks, I get it and understand that lying is terrible, but knowing a very great deal about RCMP culture, I can understand why they lied.
Had the four members felt that the RCMP management would have dealt with them in a fair manner and swiftly backed them on following training with a non compliant person, the members would not have lied.

It is tragic that somone needlessly died through a combination of their own stupidity and the use of highly effective typically non lethal tool.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “B.C.”