Chicken nuggets, are they good for you?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Chicken nuggets, are they good for you?

Post by Thinktank »

White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning (autolyzed yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid, rosemary), sodium phosphates, seasoning (canola oil, mono- and diglycerides, extractives of rosemary). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, whey, corn starch. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.

Frying chicken is fairly simple, if a little messy. You dip pieces of chicken into a mix of egg and milk, roll them around in flour and spices, then cook the chicken in sizzling hot oil until the pieces are brown, crispy and delicious.

But wait! Don’t forget to add a dash of dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foaming agent made of silicone that is also used in Silly Putty and cosmetics.

Now add a heaping spoonful of tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), which is a chemical preservative and a form of butane (AKA lighter fluid). One gram of TBHQ can cause “nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse," according to A Consumer’s Dictionary of Food Additives. Five grams of TBHQ can kill you.

Sprinkle on thirteen other corn-derived ingredients, and you're only about twenty shy as many ingredients as a single chicken nugget from McDonald’s. And you were using pulverized chicken skin and mechanically reclaimed meat for your chicken, right?

No one in his or her right mind would cook chicken like this. Yet every day, hoards of Americans consume these ingredients in Chicken McNuggets, which McDonalds claims are “made with white meat, wrapped up in a crisp tempura batter.”

http://www.organicauthority.com/foodie- ... icken.html
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
zzontar
Guru

Re: chicken nuggets. are they good for you?

Post by zzontar »

This will definitely shock the 2 or 3 people across the country who thought McD's was the place to go for a healthy meal.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Chicken nuggets. are they good for you?

Post by Thinktank »

McDonald's' $24 billion in revenue makes it the 90th-largest economy in the world

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/facts-ab ... z2HEqf9e8d

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

This is nonsense. Next you'll tell me cigarettes are bad for me!
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

JayByrd wrote:This is nonsense. Next you'll tell me cigarettes are bad for me!

Don't light it or inhale - you'll be fine.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

zzontar wrote:This will definitely shock the 2 or 3 people across the country who thought McD's was the place to go for a healthy meal.

I wonder if they thought that puking and dizziness after ingesting McDonalds food was a perfectly natural reaction to food in general.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

grammafreddy wrote:
Don't light it or inhale - you'll be fine.

They're worse if you dont exhale.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Makes me hungry for some chicken strips :)

Can't remember the last time I had chicken nuggets...

But who EVER thought they were good for you? :137:
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Homemade strips/nuggets are good ... marinate in buttermilk, coat with seasoned panko bread crumbs and bake or deep fry.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I`m a rebel- I like McDonalds.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

Captain Awesome wrote:
I wonder if they thought that puking and dizziness after ingesting McDonalds food was a perfectly natural reaction to food in general.

You know, that actually happened to me once many years ago - ironically, after eating 20 mcnuggets. Even went blind for about 10 seconds. No joke.

Haven't had McD's since.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote:Sprinkle on thirteen other corn-derived ingredients, and you're only about twenty shy as many ingredients as a single chicken nugget from McDonald’s.

It amazes me how the people will eat anything, as long as it tastes good.

underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

While I agree that McD's isn't in any way shape or form healthy, this article is so stupid I can't take it even the slightest bit seriously.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Fast food everything from Subway to McD's and all points in between are either so full of sodium or heavily laced with sugar.
Eating this crap even close to regular bases your on fast track to both type 2 diabetes & hypertension aka high blood pressure.

So junk food is just that junk.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Dither, dither ... Chicken Nuggets from McD or Crap Dinner?

Chicken Nuggets

4 pieces
Serving Size 2.3 oz (65 g)

190 Calories
9g Protein
12g Fat (18%)
12g Carbs (4%)
360mg Sodium (15%)
Calories from Fat 110 Dietary Fiber 1g (2%) Calcium 8mg (0%)
Saturated Fat 2g (10%) Sugars 0g Iron 0.5mg (2%)
Trans Fat 0g Vitamin A 0IU (0%) Vitamin C 1mg (2%)
Cholesterol 25mg (9%)

Kraft Dinner

crap-dinner.jpg

and 2.5 gr of Ash :200:

Return to “Health”