BC violent, female offender plans to live in Vancouver

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC violent, female offender plans to live in Vancouver

Post by Captain Awesome »

jennylives wrote:and has been called “intelligent and articulate”

Phoenix Within wrote:Didn't they say the same thing about Ted Bundy?

Unabomber achieved doctorate degree at 23.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Piecemaker wrote:Actually the damage to this person likely happened prior to her adoption, possibly it began prior to her birth if she was exposed to alcohol or other harmful chemicals. If she did not receive nurturing and attuned caregiving as an infant (and if she was in a Romanian orphanage, then she did not), her brain would not develop properly. Adoption, even by the most loving of parents, often can not repair this brain damage. The field of neuro-science has grown in the past decade and researchers can now take pictures of the brains of psychopaths and see areas of the brain that are either missing or not developed. One area is that of conscience or moral reasoning and empathy. The attachment literature, research papers and books, of Allan Schore and Bruce Perry and others speaks to this. There have been many issues with adoptions from Romania and Russia, as well as other countries, due to what the children experienced there.
No one "needs to be investigated" here. It is likely this woman experienced well-documented difficulties throughout her school years. She is both a victim and a very real danger to others.

Interesting.
I'll have to read up on this info.
Thanks for that.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

Some people are just plain evil, and there's only one treatment for that.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Verminator wrote:Some people are just plain evil, and there's only one treatment for that.

But they're human.
We have to treat them different than regular animals.

We should be putting more technology into human powered energy sources.
Might be time to reincarnate the water wheel, using inclined slopes for elevating and rolling heavy things on logs.
Rest well my pretties, you've got one HELL of a day ahead tomorrow...and the day after...and the day after...and the day after...and the day after...and the day after...
Keep 'em fueled on oatmeal, lips'n'areshole stew and grainbreads made from the scrapings off their bare feet after a day of turning the grist mill.
Seems humane to me. Keeping them healthy, fed, sheltered and working as an integral part of a community.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Some people are just plain evil, and there's only one treatment for that.

an exorcism?the way history judges a society is by how they treat their most sick and elderly. Hitler euthanized them.we will watch her closely, very closely.
Peace be with you.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

I have absolutely no doubt this cunning little deviant is planning how to act out her fantasies as we speak. It may not happen tomorrow or even next year but she will act them out one day, there's no question about that. Other than locking her in a secure mental institution for the rest of her life, the only guarantee that she won't is a high-velocity lead overdose.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Sadly, verminator may be right. And just to increase our sense of security, let's not forget that she is only one of many dangerously disturbed individuals who walk among us. Once someone's jail time and probation is done...
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Return to “B.C.”