Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Post by JayByrd »

WHL trade deadline is today, in fact it's in just a few hours as I write this. Bruce Hamilton has said he'd like to add an experienced defenceman, but he's not overly hopeful that a deal will materialize. I really like the look of the Rockets, and I agree, some insurance on D is all they need. Perhaps if they'd found out earlier that Mitchell Chapman's injury would be season-ending, they would have addressed this already.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Yes Hamilton wants to add an experienced D man, but the problem is in order to get that you would have to give something big up in return and he does not want to do that. Yes the rockets have a good team now, but an experienced D would really come in handy during playoffs.
Life is too sho......
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

:nyah: :nyah: Tonight rockets tied a club record with 18 consecutive home wins.
Life is too sho......
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

Congratulations to our Kelowna Rockets on setting a new home wins record, This is the first year in 5 years I havent been able to make it to any games yet, why.... Why....why...... But, Way to go!!!!
Going today, hear tommorow
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

This weekend will be the biggest test yet for the rockets this season. Back to back home games against the #1 WHL team. The Portland winterhawks. Both teams lost their games tonight and I am guessing both of them were looking too much into this weekends game instead of the game they were playing. What ever the case it will be some great hockey especially with the rockets home winning streak on the line. If you don't have tickets yet you should get some.
Life is too sho......
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Kelowna Rockets were out played and out scored in 2 games against the top team WHL as well #1 in CHL (Portland Winterhawks). I missed first game was able to see the second......... very poor passing.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Puck movement and puck support have been the hallmarks of the Rockets thus far. I didn't see either game, but I suspect after putting forth a huge effort and coming up short on Friday night, the boys' heads and hearts were just not in it on Saturday. Not acceptable from a coaching standpoint, but probably understandable.

No rest for the wicked, as the lads are off to Everett today for a match against the Silvertips. Go Rockets Go!
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I agree with you JayByrd about puck movement & support with Rockets.

Last nights game their was little to none of that......... Rockets were coughing up the puck at both ends of rink right from beginning of the game.

After second Cooke was pulled for Whistle.
Looking at the stats of both games 2 things stand out penalties & scoring.

Yes, the bus was running and ready to go outside Rockets dressing-room.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

This weekend was the most anticipated match up of the season and it turned out to be the most disappointing. I watch Fridays game on tv which rockets made a good effort to make a comeback. Was at saturdays game and that was just awful. Looked like last years team out there. Thought rockets would come out flying looking for redemption , but they came out with their figure skates on. I still say if these two teams meet in playoffs rockets would put up a good fight. Though if rockets let Portland get those early goals again kiss your chances goodbye as that series would be over in 4 or 5.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

With win over Kamloops tonight Kelowna :nyah: will be second in Western Conference of WHL, and will face either Seattle or Everett in first round.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

GordonH wrote:With win over Kamloops tonight Kelowna :nyah: will be second in Western Conference of WHL, and will face either Seattle or Everett in first round.

:nyah: :nyah: Yep rockets secure first place in BC division which will guarantee them home ice advantage for at least the first two rounds.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

So who plays who in first round:

Western Conference of WHL

1) Portland vs Everett
2) Kelowna vs Seattle
3) Kamloops vs Victoria
4) Spokane vs Tri-City

Interesting the 2 teams that met in last years WHL finals are on top of each other Conferences, like to see Kelowna upset a rematch. Go Rockets Go

Eastern Conference of WHL

1) Edmonton vs Kootenay
2) Saskatoon vs Medicine Hat
3) Calgary vs Swift Current
4) Red Deer vs Prince Albert
Last edited by GordonH on Mar 18th, 2013, 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Yesterday rockets ended their reg season with a franchise record with 52 wins in a season. This has been such an amazing season considering the rockets where not even suppose to be this good and I think that what makes it all that more special. Lets just hope they have a good playoff run to. They should be able to get through the first two rounds, but upsetting Portland (unless they get upset before then) might be more of a challenge.

GO ROCKETS GO!
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Yesterday rockets ended their reg season with a franchise record with 52 wins in a season. This has been such an amazing season considering the rockets where not even suppose to be this good and I think that what makes it all that more special. Lets just hope they have a good playoff run to. They should be able to get through the first two rounds, but upsetting Portland (unless they get upset before then) might be more of a challenge.

GO ROCKETS GO!

As long as Rockets don't under estimate Seattle they should not have no problem winning, the second round more than likely against Kamloops. That could be large test to see what Kelowna has in its engine, and if desire to win is their.

Go Rockets Go
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Kelowna vs. Seattle

Game 1 - Fri Mar 22 7:05 PM Seattle at Kelowna
Game 2 - Sat Mar 23 7:05 PM Seattle at Kelowna
Game 3 - Tue Mar 26 7:05 PM Kelowna at Seattle
Game 4 - Wed Mar 27 7:05 PM Kelowna at Seattle
Game 5 - Sat Mar 30 7:05 PM Seattle at Kelowna (if needed)
Game 6 - Tue Apr 2 7:05 PM Kelowna at Seattle (if needed)
Game 7 - Wed Apr 3 7:05 PM Seattle at Kelowna (if needed)

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”