600 new jobs in Kelowna

Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: 600 new jobs in Kelowna

Post by Joe Public »

joer2012.

Sounds like you should open your own business.
joer2012
Fledgling

Post by joer2012 »

Joe Public wrote:joer2012.

Sounds like you should open your own business.

Should/could I guess, but my gameplan is elsewhere. Just another economic loss for Kelowna I suppose, another lost opportunity and someone gone elsewhere where there's better opportunity and reward. Some of us don't have the patience or desire to tolerate Kelowna BS.
AB oil patch worker
Sunshine Tax Rebate recipient
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

sooperphreek wrote:the problem is that the people that hire and expect too much want someone who will run the company and do their job. even though you were initially hired as a tradesman. i guess they wanna just sip on ice wine at big white with their friends in winter and play golf in the summer. while making you work the 16 hour days (that is actually their job) putting out the fires of their laziness. in the end we leave and they find some poor sucker that will do it for less. and their customers get the shabby job they deserve for more costs. why? because they can. but then you walk away and become the competition. and they walk around saying that you are stealing their work. and wont take responsibility for the fact that they took their eye off the ball.

Not where I work...It pays about 5 buck an hour less than the mainland or the frozen north but I gotta be here...

I work my 8's most days even when there's nothing to do ,with the option of leaving early when I don't want to stay foir nothing...Like TODAY..I got better things to do.

I do the overtime when it's required and get payed for it or can opt out if I don't want it , I smoke where I want , take my breaks when I want, fix my stuff when I need to and all that neat stuff...

I stick out my open palm every second Friday at noon and the boss puts my cha in it and faithfully waits for the bank to call and "confirm the amount" like a loyal pet....

Sure I work a bit harder for somewhat less but , I give that to my employer and I get "fringe benefits" back in spades..

Perhaps putting you head down and working instead bitching might work for you too ?

It's not ALL bad in this town..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Medichill

Post by Medichill »

WHERE?!?!?!?!?! I lost my job in September and was lucky enough to find work that lasted till early November... then nothing in the Okanagan. I applied at a vast variety of jobs, some that I have experience with and other I have little experience with. I eventually gave up looking for work in the Okanagan and have found work in the oil patch and love the work here. It's not all about the money, but the money does play a big part of the work. My wife also went back to the work force after a year of mat leave and she could only find work that pays a little more then minimum wage, but now it all goes to gas to get her to work and daycare. (For those who say she should take transit, we own our house in Westbank and her job is in the mission and daycare is in Smith creek, so it's just not possible.) I have no immediate plans of returning the the work force in the Valley, I'll just keep bringing back my paycheck and spend it there.

Return to “Central Okanagan”