Should WestJet have accommodated these people?

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Should WestJet have accommodated these people?

Post by Dizzy1 »

grizz wrote:FACT IS: IF he was not in a wheelchair he would have been let on, as the doors were still open.

Actual fact: No they wouldn't, regardless if wheelchair or not, the flight was dispatched after the cut-off times were met, no one else will be boarded let alone checked in.
grizz wrote:Second FACT; This is not a wheelchair person saying Im special let me on, and not used as a EXCUSE.

Actual fact: With your above statement you are indeed turning it into a wheelchair issue.
grizz wrote:Third FACT; It was the ignorant WestJet employees one with her ignorant smirk on her face, and the looking at this man like he was a freak or something, that made these people angry .

Actual fact: The only thing that made these people angry is the fact that the rules were not being bent for them, calling the employees names and coming up with ridiculous statements is childish and uncalled for. Arguing with employees will get you no where, guaranteed.
grizz wrote:Fourth FACT: It was the WestJet employees whom bragged about being early and leaving early.

Actual fact: On time performance is a big thing in the airline industry and is indeed something worthy of bragging about, infact many delays can even have Government fines imposed on an airline. Its bad enough that airlines are delayed because of weather, traffic or tech problems and have ignorant passengers blame the airlines for all their problems but to be delayed by people who break the rules and expect special treatment is just ridiculous.
grizz wrote:FIFTH FACT: Wheelchairs ALWAYS go on last and Come off first.

Actual fact: Irrelevant and has no bearing on the fact that they arrived at the airport too late.
grizz wrote:SIXTH FACT: People in wheelchairs have the option of loaded first or last their choice, again was not a issue. This guys transfers in less than a minute.

Actual fact: Again, irrelevant and again, has no bearing on the fact that they arrived at the airport too late.
grizz wrote:Many MORE FACTS that none of you people know about.

Please, entertain us with these "facts".
grizz wrote:THese people to date still have not got their refund.

Again, irrelevant. They were offered a refund despite not being entitled to one and they will receive it.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

grizz wrote:. THese people to date still have not got their refund.

As far as I'm concerned, they don't even deserve I refund after they're attitude and actions.
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

Seeing how we're throwing the word "fact" around Grizz, let's add that many people miss their flights as a result of being late. In many cases it's not their fault (delayed connecting flights, road conditions, etc.). The fact here is that none of these people have news articles printed. The fact that this person is (temporarily?) in a wheel chair motivated the guy and his daughter to complain to the press and landed them an article.

Another fact, it was these people's own statements in that news article about how this is a problem because he's in a wheel chair that confirms my statements.

You seem to have first hand knowledge of this event. Are you actually the person in the wheel chair or the daughter? Otherwise how do you know what the look on the faces of the Westjet employees was?

And while we're at it, how come you and the complainants are so wrapped up over the few minutes of time Westjet allegedly had (i.e. they were ahead of schedule) and yet nobody has stated why these two late comers were almost an hour late to begin with?

I have zero sympathy and frankly quite a lack of respect for the way these people have handled themselves.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

yes sir u do have a lack of respect thats for sure
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

theyeti wrote:yes sir u do have a lack of respect thats for sure

Care to elaborate?

These two disrespected WestJet and everyone on that flight by not following the rules/policies that they agreed to upon purchasing the tickets.

By WestJet sticking to their guns and following their own policies they ensured they did everything that they could to succesfully get all policy following guests to their destination.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

theyeti wrote:yes sir u do have a lack of respect thats for sure

Always Sunny wrote:Care to elaborate?

Yes, please do
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
grizz
Fledgling

Post by grizz »

dizzy1
You are so full of it. There were no name calling or rudeness in anyway that's why they told WestJet and the Airport to look at the video. Whoever told you this is a LIAR. Obviously you or someone you know works for WestJet, and are defending them for whatever reason. They are not perfect and you need to realize people will have issues with this and other companies for their actions. LIke it or not. So save the lies, you are slandering these people.... They have the video and YOU were not there. I know who these people are and again am sick of seeing this BS and assumption crap passed around. They are giving a refund because Westjet knows what happened. Im not here to entertain youre ignorance. As for the disability issue, they have never used the Wheelchair issue as a EXCUSE. You do not know them or what really happened here. I know the facts.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

grizz wrote:dizzy1
You are so full of it.

Am I now? Please elaborate.
grizz wrote:There were no name calling or rudeness in anyway that's why they told WestJet and the Airport to look at the video.

No, YOU are the one who I was referring to as being rude and starting the name calling ... let me refresh your memory ...

grizz wrote:It was the ignorant WestJet employees one with her ignorant smirk on her face, and the looking at this man like he was a freak or something, that made these people angry

:127:
grizz wrote:Whoever told you this is a LIAR.

So you are calling yourself a liar?
grizz wrote:Obviously you or someone you know works for WestJet, and are defending them for whatever reason.

Where am I defending anyone or any company? Unlike you, I am simply stating the facts and explaining to people such as yourself how these situations work. The passengers did not only meet the required check-in time but they arrived after the cut-off time for boarding ... why is this such a difficult concept for you to understand?
grizz wrote:They are not perfect and you need to realize people will have issues with this and other companies for their actions.

Yet people seem to have a problem accepting their own actions thus pointing the finger at others.
grizz wrote:LIke it or not. So save the lies, you are slandering these people.... They have the video and YOU were not there.

Where oh where am I slandering anyone? Where have I lied? I don't need a video or anything, by their own admission they tried to check-in 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time (which is when they need to report for boarding NOT checking in) and they were denied because the flight, by the airline's right has been dispatched. They missed the flight end of story.
grizz wrote:I know who these people are and again am sick of seeing this BS and assumption crap passed around.

Again, I'm not assuming anything, they admitted to arriving at the airport past cut off time.
grizz wrote:They are giving a refund because Westjet knows what happened.

They are getting a refund because the employee issuing the refund is being compasionate as possible and doing the most he/she can be doing given the circumstances.
grizz wrote:Im not here to entertain youre ignorance.

My ignorance? At least I have an understanding and am willing to share why things happened the way they did.
grizz wrote:As for the disability issue, they have never used the Wheelchair issue as a EXCUSE.

Then they should have denied any media attention.
grizz wrote:You do not know them or what really happened here. I know the facts.

Again, given the story they admitted themselves that they arrived at the airport late, we know what the policy is ... those are the only facts anyone needs to know.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

grizz wrote:. I know the facts.

Were you actually there, or are you just relying on second hand info?

grizz wrote:They are giving a refund because Westjet knows what happened

According to you the evil airline hasn't given them a refund. You make that a key "Fact" in your earlier post.

So which is it? Is the evil airline just cold-hearted and nasty or are the doing what you think is the right thing and giving a refund?
2bonline

Post by 2bonline »

I have to agree with your post Dizzy1.
grizz
Fledgling

Post by grizz »

dizzy1
Actual fact: The only thing that made these people angry is the fact that the rules were not being bent for them, calling the employees names and coming up with ridiculous statements is childish and uncalled for. Arguing with employees will get you no where, guaranteed.

These people did not call ANY WESTJET EMPLOYEES names, FACT FACT FACT. I am referring to the WestJet employees as ignorant because of their actions. Until you see somebody disrespect another human being, whether they have a cane, race, wheelchair, disfigurement, etc you will NOT understand how these people feel. No matter what the situation is. Have respect for the person. And you were not there so you know nothing about it. This is about a plane flight missed not a criminal activity.
grizz
Fledgling

Post by grizz »

While were talking about WestJet.
KELOWNA, B.C. — A WestJet airliner full of passengers has slid off the tarmac at an airport in Kelowna, B.C., and became stuck in the snow

This could have been deadly. How are you going to defend this action.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Were you there?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

grizz wrote:While were talking about WestJet.
KELOWNA, B.C. — A WestJet airliner full of passengers has slid off the tarmac at an airport in Kelowna, B.C., and became stuck in the snow.This could have been deadly. How are you going to defend this action.

:ohmygod: Headline News during winter in Canada:
Snow and ice causes vehicle to skid off road surface !!!!
Last edited by cv23 on Jan 10th, 2013, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

hey grizz most ppl on here they dont care .. they just wanna think they r rite . if u present logical or unconventional arguments they will just attack u for being different .

it is closed minds like these that make life for all ppl difficult.

me personally the only reason i come to these forums is to get a bit of humanity back . i mean with all the evil spewn on these forums it makes me sleep well knowing my heart is not too heavy ..

i thank u for having courage to stand up to these miserable old f ks .

god forbid any of them ever screw up wind up 5 mins late and need to get cut a break . i hope the doors get slammed in there faces.

this thread is one of the more disgusting ones on here

Return to “Central Okanagan”