No free rides, really?

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: No free rides, really?

Post by kibbs »

If the bars/clubs were allowed to stay open later, until lets say 400am or 500am, there won't be a sudden rush at any given time like 200am like there is now, people will simply trickle out the later it gets. Not saying that there will be enough cabs, but the volume of people requesting a cab will be more spread out through out the late hours as opposed to one big rush at closing time.

you got it Pontiac .way less of a mob ,everyone is different ,everyone has there party tolerance level,that is just what happened ,no mob ,no girls been offered rides while waiting for cabs by drunk dudes ,we were able to serve way more people that weekend.with no competing it went smooth.made good bucks to.
the only ones who wouldn't like it are police.way more boring without the ritual 2 am nut fest.and they'd be writing there log at 6 instead of 4
Peace be with you.
Sonny Taylor
Board Meister

Post by Sonny Taylor »

I'm reading this thread with interest. I've never seen a dispatcher for a local cab company post here. Perhaps I should be the first.

There's a good chance that a few people here will know who I am. I've been dispatching cabs for almost 6 years in Kelowna now. It can often be a thankless job where I take flak and abuse from both customers and drivers. On the other hand, I appreciate the times when I can leave work with the satisfaction of having done both our customers and our drivers right with the resources available to me.

I won't add too much to this discussion at the moment.. Maybe later, this thread wasn't about the taxi business after all.

Been following Castanet forums for years, but haven't posted for about 7 years. I'm well aware of the problems Kelowna has with cabs as I'm in the "Hot Seat" taking calls and dispatching very regularly.

I hope I have something significant to add to future discussions of the cab business here.

Until then, ...hello ("I'll Be Back!")
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

you got it Pontiac .way less of a mob ,everyone is different ,everyone has there party tolerance level,that is just what happened ,no mob ,no girls been offered rides while waiting for cabs by drunk dudes ,we were able to serve way more people that weekend.with no competing it went smooth.made good bucks to.
the only ones who wouldn't like it are police.way more boring without the ritual 2 am nut fest.and they'd be writing there log at 6 instead of 4

Besides your grammar and spelling...Your post is completely absurd.. You just DON"T know do you ??
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Besides your grammar and spelling...Your post is completely absurd.. You just DON"T know do you ??

I drove a cab on the weekend they allowed the bars open till 4 am Myself all the cabbies and patrons loved it .My theory as to the police, is based on there being no other good reason why they wouldn't continue the idea on high volume nights.Its been three years since I drove cab so please ,enlighten me .What don't I know ?
Peace be with you.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

djbout wrote:http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-85240-1-.htm#85240

I am older, I dont go "out" on New Years, but this flabbergasted me, really no free rides, did they not offer them in previous years? I know I know, nothing is for free, plan ahead, blah blah blah....but as far back as I can remeber from my youth in Vancouver and here there was free rides on New Years!
The old saying right.....nobody rides for free!
Sure do love Rutland!!

Return to “Central Okanagan”