deleted

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Responding to open racism

Post by Thinktank »

Fancy wrote:Wouldn't persecution of the jewish people be considered racist?

Saddam killed his own people. Racist?

China killed millions of themselves. Racist?

Stalin killed 6 million Ukrianians AND some Russians and anyone else that
was able to starve at the time. Racist?

Japan killed millions of Chinese. Racist?

Bush and cheney killed Iraqis. Racist?

or is it for other purposes?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You didn't answer the question. When a particular group is persecuted just because of who they are, wouldn't you call that racism?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Fancy wrote:You didn't answer the question. When a particular group is persecuted just because of who they are, wouldn't you call that racism?

I was persecuted because of who I am.
The chinese guy was persecuted because of who he is.
Native indians in canada are persecuted because of who they are.
Everyone is persecuted because of who they are at some time.

But during a war, people are presecuted much more seriously - to death - and it's
not because of who they are. It's because the "old boys club" has big plans for getting control of stuff.

I might be racist against an Iraqi by saing he should be deported out of Canada, but when
my country kills Iraqis, it's not racism. It's for money and oil.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

and it's not because of who they are
Actually, the persecution was assuredly because of who they were - that was racism at it's worst.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Fancy wrote: Actually, the persecution was assuredly because of who they were - that was racism at it's worst.

Do you know what Hitler said about Slavs? It wasn't nice.
Do you think 30 million Slavs were slaughtered because of racism?

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I remember a lot of the history when I took those classes decades ago and have read a lot since then. Focusing on one group of people for a specific reason that had nothing to do with war is what I was referring to.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

http://innercity.org/holt/chron_1830_end.html

Maybe a clear definition of what racism means is in order and it's not going to go away anytime soon. I've seen it yet the point here is how to respond to it.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I know I won't say nice things about those people's nationality for many many years. Does that make me a racist?

No this makes you a sucker .There is good and bad in all people.You just didn't want to accept that you were a fool and got scammed .So you decided to hate a whole race of people when you are probably hating your self for getting sucked in.Forgive yourself we all make mistakes .You must forgive them to. Accept that they are scum but don't agree with it .it has nothing to do with their race.Racism is not hating another race .Racism is believing your race is superior,It is a fear of other races changing your race and making it less superior .We all cling to our sacred rituals ,they are sacred.The trick to not being racist is to believe that your sacred rituals are no better or deserving than any other.As one of the earths coolest dude said .Love your neighbor as you would yourself .Forgive your brother as he trespasses .Let there be peace on earth.oh ya i played the j card
Peace be with you.
netfreak
Übergod

Post by netfreak »

kibbs wrote:Racism is not hating another race .Racism is believing your race is superior,It is a fear of other races changing your race and making it less superior .

rac·ism
/ˈrāˌsizəm/
Noun
1. The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as...
2. Prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief.

Racial nationalism is the belief that one's own race is superior. There may or may not be a law against that.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hate crime laws were enacted because of racism
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

There is not much anyone can do to educate the willfully ignorant. Bullies, bigots and racists are suffering from an inferiority complex. Pity seems to be an appropriate response to such ignorance: "How long have you been harboring these feelings of inadequacy anyway?"
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Racism must mean different things to different people.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Take the time to go through the links I provided - there were articles available in the footnotes that may help in understanding what the word means.
mrj222
Übergod

Post by mrj222 »

I'm just going to throw this out there but you hold all the power in this situation. I'd suggest laughing and playing into the stereotypes jokingly when appropriate. It will help diffuse the tension and perhaps help change the morons perception. Basically what I'm saying is just don't take offense there are plenty of ignorant people out there. No need to let it bother you.
We can't stop here, this is bat country!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Basically what I'm saying is just don't take offense there are plenty of ignorant people out there. No need to let it bother you.

Its a good stratagy to turn the other cheek and forgive thier offences.Taking the high road is best,unless you got a gang of kung foo warriors with you,If you retaliate it will make it worse .Give it the response it deserves nothing.This is the best thing here creating awareness
Peace be with you.

Return to “Social Concerns”