RCMP failed to track internal misconduct for years

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: RCMP failed to track internal misconduct for years

Post by Fancy »

You've changed your post again now to read "policy" instead of "union". What policy are you talking about specifically or are you just guessing?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I've seen cops who should be fired that are not,Yes i made the change i was wrong.As to the policy yes i'm just guessing it is policy that does not allow them to fire bad cops.I am open to new information,this is just my opinion so far.The reality is they cannot clean house effectively in my opinion.
Peace be with you.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

u will never hear a cop say they have enuff cops . this is why they r never skidded .
they cant fire ppl while at the same time claiming to be understaffed it would not look good .
imho the one thing the rcmp have going for them is its a lifetime job in a world where most jobs are not lifetime jobs . i think this is probably the only reason they r still able to draw ppl cuz really who would wanna be a cop .

the rcmp had no obligation to track internal misconduct , they r out serving and protecting the helpless people. to think that some amongst these finest citizens on patrol could do wrong would be pure cop bashing at best would it not
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

instead of guessing, read up on it:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/R-10/
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

instead of guessing, read up on it:

because i gotta work .Please find the section that slows the firing process down .If it is in this link then it is policy
Peace be with you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That is your issue - not mine. I've read it.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Bill c42 is new legislation designed to give the police commissioner the ability to fire for lateness or poor performance,it will eliminate the police review board and set up a civilian on .Still a huge process for seriously bad police.It will look better with out police review.A lot educational things to prevent sexual harassment.Its a toothless piece of crap.i cant see how civilian review will deal with the problem any faster.I cant see it altering the core code that runs through the hearts of some members.years of little brother and the media bashin away at them still ahead .My hat is off to members who are making the change to make the force more accountable and hope they find allies to change the code.
Peace be with you.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

the problem is there r way way to many police .
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

the problem is there r way way to many police .

No just some who just shouldn't be police.It makes you wonder what motivates someone to be a cop,with all the bad press and stigma. I've seen the family cop ,whos father and fathers father was a cop .I've seen ones that just want to be good and help and serve people.And then the ones who love power .They are bullies and execute their work with sadistic glee.hopefully the greater minority and the weeds that are being weeded out.
Peace be with you.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

so when i say there r way too many .. and u say a big group of em r no good. if we got rid of say a third of all the cops that would weed out some of the crappy ones too . its not like the good ones r doing the job that much better than the crappy ones anyways . as for who would be a cop it is mostly the kids who get bullied all thru school . no one wants them around so they find a new group .
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

how about bashing the criminals for a change, with no criminals we would have no need for cops would we
that simple really
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

it should not matter if the criminal wears a uniform :eyeballspin: it is not that hard to understand :dyinglaughing:
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

theyeti wrote:so when i say there r way too many .. and u say a big group of em r no good. if we got rid of say a third of all the cops that would weed out some of the crappy ones too . its not like the good ones r doing the job that much better than the crappy ones anyways . as for who would be a cop it is mostly the kids who get bullied all thru school . no one wants them around so they find a new group .

Not true at all but it sounds like you want to remove police altogether - that would result in chaos.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

how about bashing the criminals for a change, with no criminals we would have no need for cops would we
that simple really

Bad people are bad mkay. How can you blame the criminals for bad cops ? This is a criminal cop bash.They are like zombies,they use to be human but dead to us now and they keep coming back.
Last edited by kibbs on Jan 17th, 2013, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Internal changes take a long time to occur. With more transparency, positive change can happen.

Return to “Canada”