Drunken Landscaper Rams Member

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Drunken Landscaper Rams Member

Post by Rwede »

How long did you lose your license for, cutter? :dyinglaughing:
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Rwede wrote:How long did you lose your license for, cutter? :dyinglaughing:

1 year but it wasn't for impaired,,, the police claimed I tried to run them over if you can imagine that.

I can assure you that I would have succeeded if that was my intention.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

westside105 wrote:yes sorry not a follower either.. but I have read many of your posts Cutter and I do believe you are a pretty smart person...but your anti-police and anti-laws (apparently they suck to you) is kind of boring now...you're giving off an "obsession" vibe ..and I truly in no way mean to offend you with this comment...but geez man, get off the hamster wheel :)

You couldn't be more wrong my friend... I support strong laws and I support police who enforce them.

I do however support the police and the laws for entirely different reasons than most people and I do not support police who break laws to make arrests.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

It was clear when he went into the intersection. It's impossible to predict vehicles blowing red lights. I don't stop at green lights in the event someone blows a red.[/quote]

you seem to like to read fancy, here's a link that shows it is safe to enter an intersection on a green only if it is safe to do so.

you might not know this but I am sure our police do.
http://www.mylicence.sa.gov.au/the_onli ... fic_lights
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

westside105 wrote:well alrighty then Cutter :)...then post on something other then police and law bashing..like I said I think some of your posts are very intelligent...be vocal about other things, you do have good insight on alot of stuff...and hey Bravo on admitting losing your license....hahaha it's proves you're honest and ain't a keyboard warrior ...I like that :)

awww come on,,, I wasn't bashing the cops on this thread.

I'll even admit I knew that little comment about looking to see if the intersection was clear would flame a few folks on.

The thread needed a little spice and I think even fancy learned to look before entering an intersection on a green light.

my little jab followed by the link showing how to enter an intersection might save her life one day.... ok thats stretching a little too far
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Don't bother taking credit as I've been driving a long time. I've yet to stop at a green light to make sure the intersection is clear and considering the damage to the police car (subject) it's more than clear what the problem is.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Fancy wrote:Don't bother taking credit as I've been driving a long time. I've yet to stop at a green light to make sure the intersection is clear and considering the damage to the police car (subject) it's more than clear what the problem is.

Do you turn your neck and look? heres another hint for you it's easier to see a vehicle coming at night because its lights are on.

personally I always look both ways when I enter any intersection... green does not mean go it means proceed if safe to do so in case you neglected to follow that link.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

crookedmember wrote:Do Kelowna cruisers have dashcams?

Some do
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

personally I always look both ways when I enter any intersection... green does not mean go it means proceed if safe to do so in case you neglected to follow that link.

Yeup...... Anyone who has taken a defensive driving course nows that intersections are the place that they are "most likely " to get into a collision and DON"T take green lights as an automatic pass...

Saved my butt more than once.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I took a drivers course thanks so much. I've yet to enter an intersection and then look both ways - that would be too late. There are better authorities that teach so I suggest sticking to the topic - the drunk that ran a red and hit a vehicle.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Fancy wrote:I took a drivers course thanks so much. I've yet to enter an intersection and then look both ways - that would be too late. There are better authorities that teach so I suggest sticking to the topic - the drunk that ran a red and hit a vehicle.

Thanks sooo much too Fancy...15 years as a professional driver , 3 defensive driving courses and I've only had one "glancing blow" from a *bleep* who blew a red light.

There were many times I've avoided my own death by driving defensively..

The cop that got rammed may not have seen the car coming only if the drunk was going more than 90 kmp/h. I'll give you (or him that) but otherwise , the skills I''ve been taught have kept me alive through tens of THOUSANDS of intersections that may have taken my life...

Thanks sooo much though...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

The fact that people are turning this around to suggest that the cop is at fault for not paying better attention while driving through a green light is astounding. Seriously.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

Police also take defensive driving training. I'm sure this officer is wishing he had seen this truck coming. We all know there are lots of blind spots and other reasons why you may not see something coming or when really dark and wet, how it may not register that the vehicle is coming at you fast, etc. No question that one needs to check in all directions when entering an intersection but that does not mean you'll avoid all situations. Especially when someone's traveling at a high rate of speed as was pretty evident here (based on the damage). Also, nobody said the idiot who hit him had his lights on. Could have had just his driving lights on which could have been quite deceiving.

Interesting tid bit - the number one cause of police injuries and death in Canada is from vehicle accidents. They spend a lot of time in their car so the odds are stacked against them. MA you're pretty lucky and obviously very skilled but let's get off of holding the victim responsible here.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

You guys are nuts if you think you can check intersections for people blowing red lights at speed, anyone whos been in a serious accident knows it happens so fast even if you see them coming there is likely not enough time do do anything to avoid it,
Check the intersection........sheesh whatever.
Going today, hear tommorow
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Wally wrote:You guys are nuts if you think you can check intersections for people blowing red lights at speed, anyone whos been in a serious accident knows it happens so fast even if you see them coming there is likely not enough time do do anything to avoid it,
Check the intersection........sheesh whatever.

Ever taken a defensive driving course ???

The instuctors teach you that EVERY accident is indeed preventable..I'm not slamming the cop who got hit , but merely suggesting that this could have been prevented.

sheesh...everything I was taught to keep ME alive was valid UNTILL I posted on this forum..

The COP who taught me ALL that I know would shake his head ....

Return to “Central Okanagan”