Idle no more? Idle no more!

French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Idle no more? Idle no more!

Post by French Castanut »

This Edmonton woman idled no more running through the barricade with her vehicule.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 8845632001
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Re: Idle no more? Idle no more!

Post by wolfen_one »

How many laws were broken by those protesters on that highway? Why weren't they arrested? I'm sure I would be if I stopped traffic.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Good for her, I hate crap tactics like blocking highways.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Thats just ridiculous. Who wouldn't be peeved off when somebody trying to block you. They are getting so carried away. I am a supported of what is going on, but blockades are ridiculous. Get some focus.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Good for her. How about charges against the ones blocking the road ?
Black Dogs Matter
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Good for her and shame on them hitting and touching her truck, they should be charged. They should be charged also for standing in front of traffic risking being killed, seemed they knew they could get killed, they said it enough. If I attempted to jump off a bridge I would be charged,,, charge em! All of them who were standing in front of her truck while it was moving on a road way as it is supposed to!
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

If they damaged her truck in any way at all, she should stop off at a police station and press charges.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Funny how they conveniently left the clip out where the white truck tries to cut her off.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

All it would take is one truck to honk and accelerate and the rest of the road users would be all ok. :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :bump: :bump:

Why the RCMP do not stop the Idle from doing this is beyond me.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

For the same reason they left the students block traffic in every quebec towns and cities last summer?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Ken7 wrote:Why the RCMP do not stop the Idle from doing this is beyond me.

Beyond me as well, If you or I tried a stunt like that, we wouldn't be able to blink twice before being hauled away in handcuffs.

I'm all for equality, complete equality for all!
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
Beyond me as well, If you or I tried a stunt like that, we wouldn't be able to blink twice before being hauled away in handcuffs.

I'm all for equality, complete equality for all!

It happens quite often, it's called picketing
Picketing is a form of protest in which people (called picketers)[1] congregate outside a place of work or location where an event is taking place. Often, this is done in an attempt to dissuade others from going in ("crossing the picket line"), but it can also be done to draw public attention to a cause. Picketers normally endeavor to be non-violent. It can have a number of aims, but is generally to put pressure on the party targeted to meet particular demands and/or cease operations. This pressure is achieved by harming the business through loss of customers and negative publicity, or by discouraging or preventing workers and/or customers from entering the site and thereby preventing the business from operating normally.
Picketing is a common tactic used by trade unions during strikes,
, if the RCMP are going to start to arrest natives then they should arrest teachers, health care workers, CUPE members..... :127:
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

zookeeper wrote:Picketers normally endeavor to be non-violent. It can have a number of aims, but is generally to put pressure on the party targeted to meet particular demands and/or cease operations. This pressure is achieved by harming the business through loss of customers and negative publicity, or by discouraging or preventing workers and/or customers from entering the site and thereby preventing the business from operating normally.

So.. they should explain us how blocking roads targets Stephen Harper and it's C45 bill.

I voted non-conservative last election.. watch me block the bridge going East in Kelowna tomorrow morning see if the police will let me do.

(No need to call RCMP, I will not block the bridge)
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

French Castanut wrote:For the same reason they left the students block traffic in every quebec towns and cities last summer?

And the same reason someone should have ran them over too.

Declaring to not be Idle anymore but fight against regular employment it a tad hypocritical. The system as it is and the way Natives are treated and dealt with does need to change, but this isn't a practical or useful method. In fact it's likely turning more people against them if anything.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

"zookeeper"

Picketing is a common tactic used by trade unions during strikes, if the RCMP are going to start to arrest natives then they should arrest teachers, health care workers, CUPE members..... :127:

Do you not recall the Teachers were not aloud to stop or impede the flow of traffic on Hwy 97 last year?

It is against the law.

Return to “Canada”