MLA Slater sits as Independent

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: MLA Slater sits as Independent

Post by Rwede »

Logitack wrote:"make him a less than desirable"??

less desireable than whom? like gordon campbell, DUI conviction? jane thornthwaite with her DUI?

gotta love the liberals and their character assassination of one of their own, or one that used to be their own.. :dyinglaughing:

Or Adrian Dix who has a penchant for forgery, obstruction of justice, perjury, theft, and violation of the BC Elections Act and BC Recall Act.

I wonder how Carole James feels about character assasination from her own party? :127:
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
cutypi

Post by cutypi »

I've said it before and I'll say it again it is time to start electing Independents in ALL ridings. If Slater runs as an independent and gets in, assuming the other three also get re-elected then there are four. I hear there are a few others running including in Penticton and Kelowna (lake country I think) and there will no doubt be more. The balance of power is within our grasp and then we can put a stop to all this partisan nonsense, we just have to be smart enough and have the cahoonas to stop making excuses and make it happen.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

This morning's Herald announced that John Slater and NDP candidate Marji Basso have withdrawn their candidacies at the apparent urging of blogger Alex G. Tsakumis's who claimed to have "exceedingly disturbing information, that, if published, will hand the provincial riding of Boundary-Similkameen to Linda Larson of the BC Liberals." He went on to say that "The details are provocative to say the least, but I've confirmed the story with multiple sources."

This one is starting to play out like a day-time soap opera.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

-fluffy- wrote:This morning's Herald announced that John Slater and NDP candidate Marji Basso have withdrawn their candidacies at the apparent urging of blogger Alex G. Tsakumis's who claimed to have "exceedingly disturbing information, that, if published, will hand the provincial riding of Boundary-Similkameen to Linda Larson of the BC Liberals." He went on to say that "The details are provocative to say the least, but I've confirmed the story with multiple sources."

This one is starting to play out like a day-time soap opera.

No kidding. And now that Tsakumis has baited us, we are hooked and look forward to tomorrows episode for the details to trickle out. Instead of Who shot JR tee's we could have Who did Basso sleep with tee's
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Alex G is a fat tub of lies.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Noting that the focus of attention in this morning's Herald has shifted from Slater and Basso on to RDOS Board member Alex Patton who is being credited with sparking the whole mess. Couple of good reads in the letters section.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
glassmaster
Übergod

Post by glassmaster »

Time for a coffee and the paper ... the soap opera continues.
Captain77
Fledgling

Post by Captain77 »

I wonder what Marji Basso would do if the South Okanagan community rallied behind her and asked her to reconsider. I'm not an NDP supporter, but I sure don't like the sleazy blackmail that has taken place. She is a teacher, so could not have engaged in any criminal activity (regular record checks).

Return to “Central Okanagan”