RCMP failed to track internal misconduct for years

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: RCMP failed to track internal misconduct for years

Post by Fancy »

You need to understand the process first and what it takes to make changes.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Go after the government for change.

this government wont change.change will only come next election .
Peace be with you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That's a defeatist attitude - if you don't start now then nothing changes.

Anyway - changes have been made - give it a chance.

What I don't understand is why more don't resign in shame
Saw quite a few "resignations" and "ordered to resign" in the original link - didn't you read it?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

You need to understand the process first and what it takes to make changes.

I've been sharing .My ideas and perceptions are that of an average man .Being a security guard was the closest I've ever been to law enforcement. I was demoted to guarding a crack apartment in Toronto for wearing sweat pants over my uniform while paroling outdoors on the coldest day in winter. What are your thoughts on how the process can be improved?Or do you feel it is just fine like it is.
Peace be with you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You seem to be missing quite a bit of information. I said "give it a chance" now that changes have occurred.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Saw quite a few "resignations" and "ordered to resign" in the original link - didn't you read it?

i'm talkin about the ones who work the system and drag the forces name through the mud.Is there no shame within the force ?If a cop messes up and keeps his job don't other cops shun him for bringing bad press?
Peace be with you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Don't they deserve the same right to a fair hearing as any others?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

You seem to be missing quite a bit of information. I said "give it a chance" now that changes have occurred.

Ok .i was not that informed before .Thank you .Ill see you here in a year.
Peace be with you.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Numerous external and internal studies carried out over the years have consistently identified the lack of knowledgeable, intelligent and dedicated police leadership as the number one problem suffered by the RCMP. Not one of the problems that resulted in any of the unacceptable behaviors identified and reported over the years can NOT be traced back to a management that is far too interested in the image of the RCMP and their own careers than what is good for the delivery of world class police services to the Canadian public. Those who would blame the average cop on the street for an over all political and management situation that has evolved to permit such behavior are near sighted.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

In my opinion NOT being able to track complaints against members is a CALCULATED way of circumventing the intent of the freedom of information legislation. Not keeping track of it allows the police to NOT produce the collective information because it has not been kept track of in (data entered, stored and thus retrievable) in a collective format. Not having ready and convenient access enables the discipline problems associated to Nepotism and Special Interest Group recruiting and promoting extremely difficult, if not impossible to assess. Similar information in relation to highly unbalanced file loads per member are equally impossible to obtain and seldom used to identify the contribution made by any given member because they would cause members incapable to carry the full range of physical and mental duties required of a fully qualified police officer to stand out like a sore thumb. That inability and refusal to recognize members according to their operational contribution, rather than their social position or group affiliation has been a severe problem within the RCMP for years and is one of the main reasons for RCMP management being consistently called into serious question. To a large extent the RCMP continues to provide police services in spite of their management rather than because of it ... The average member deserves far better leadership. ANd the Canadian people deserve far more complete information regarding THEIR police force.

Return to “Canada”