Abandoned Greyhound bus

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Abandoned greyhound bus

Post by Fancy »

I wouldn't be walking away from the bus unless all I had was carry on.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:I wouldn't be walking away from the bus unless all I had was carry on.

That is why the passengers together could write a note informing the manger of Revelstoke bus depot were they can be found and why the bus is running.

By the way that doors on storage area's are not locked.

People could have done something to help themselves if they really wanted to.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Yea, like old folks and little kids can help carry luggage through the snow. Cleared sidewalks I presume?
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

why on earth would u leave the bus ?? its a few hr wait ?? get a bit of rest and chill out ! if u have to go somewhere i agree with gord leave a note . however who knows if a note would be noticed or even payed attention to. judging by the service level of the day i am quite sure the note would not be noticed and u would find yourself getting a room at the hotel attached to the dennys in revelstoke . and for the record that is where the chevron in revelstoke is is by the dennys not where the bus stops at the super save . it was me who mistakenly said the bus stopped at chevron
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:Yea, like old folks and little kids can help carry luggage through the snow. Cleared sidewalks I presume?

Well, then they did the only thing left to do..... stay with the bus.

If I'd been on this bus, I'd be off for hot meal & warm restaurant.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

By the time you'd get there, ordered, ate, the bus could have left. I probably wouldn't have left the bus until it was light - don't trust nighttime drivers without a reflective vest on.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:By the time you'd get there, ordered, ate, the bus could have left. I probably wouldn't have left the bus until it was light - don't trust nighttime drivers without a reflective vest on.

This is the difference between yourself & myself.

If you happen check-out google street from SuperSave gas station to Sandman Inn (where Denny's is)

No need to cross Trans-Canada only side Boulevard
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

So you can see it from the bus stop? That would make a difference.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:So you can see it from the bus stop? That would make a difference.

Nope.

But lets look much closer to gas station/bus stop:

next door is the Frontier Restaurant & Motel it just depends on what time it opens in the morning for business, meaning Restaurant.

Streetview of SuperSave gas & on the right the Frontier Restaurant & Motel

Restaurant & Motel
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

No point googling a street view - hindsight is wonderful. Knowing the office opened at 7 and thinking another driver was coming shortly makes the time go by fast.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:No point googling a street view - hindsight is wonderful. Knowing the office opened at 7 and thinking another driver was coming shortly makes the time go by fast.

I only used google street for those who don't know the area, unlike myself who does know it.... I picked Denny's (Even just going to Chevron for hot beverage & snack which is on the way to Denny's) over the Frontier since Denny's is 24Hr & Frontier does not open until 7am.

Passengers could have walked over at 7am to have something to eat & warm-up since the new driver would not get there until 9 am.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That's all dependent on what the passengers were told. Maybe no one was hungry and they just wanted to get to their destination. All water under the bridge now.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Yep
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i doubt the ppl who could not close a door on there own would be able to walk across the street to get food
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

theyeti wrote:i doubt the ppl who could not close a door on there own would be able to walk across the street to get food

Let me ask you this, if the bus driver left without telling you exact details, as to when the new driver was coming, or the bus continuing on its journey, would you walk away from it if all your possessions are in a suitcase in the luggage compartment?

I know I wouldn't.

Hindsight after all is twenty twenty, so it's easy for you to say what you would have gone an done, now that you know the bus was sitting there for four hours. Whether you would have done it not knowing if the bus was leaving in 15min, or in several hours, is another story.

Also as far as the door is concerned, I can't really say that we even know for sure it was left open for the four hours, just that the driver left it open when he absconded.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “B.C.”