Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Home of the traffic rant.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Post by Ken7 »

Woodenhead wrote:I forgot about this thread.

Here's a good read, for starters:

http://zvulony.ca/2010/articles/internet-law/legal-rights-in-a-photograph/

I'd suggest if I photographed you reading a book and then wanted to use you in the photograph to make money off of it's content, then I might need your consent. As I stated IF it was against the law, your newspapers would be without photos!!

Take a moment and think about that one. Would a Hell's Angel sign consent to have his photo on front page, I don't think so. How about the recent RCMP members going to court, I don't think so.

Are you correct, No I know so!!

Don't think Foerster or Meatloaf would have signed, or the paper wouldn't pay to use their mugs.
Attachments
meatloaf_p1488901.jpg
foerster_-_rcmp_p1488089.jpg
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

It all depends on a number of things; this isn't etched in stone, despite what you want to believe. The courts prove that much.

[Edit] To be honest, I'm not sure what you're even trying to say.
Your bias suits you.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

StraitTalk wrote:Gotcha!
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/ ... G_0828.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/ ... G_0830.jpg

Tanning Business plastered to the back window to boot. You should be ashamed.

Looks to me like the person taking her picture caused way more distraction than talking on her phone did.

This picture shows me you are more of a hazard than her phone is.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

You must be trying to create a stir cutter, dog in lap and likely arguing with her daughter about what color jeans she should wear with what sweater,,,, yer kidding me, that woman is a hazard. I am glad she was caught,,, look at the foolish look on her face.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The airport shuttle pulled up along side me yesterday and the older (60 plus) driver was havin a gay ol time yakkin it up with someone, laughter and all.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Roadster wrote:You must be trying to create a stir cutter, dog in lap and likely arguing with her daughter about what color jeans she should wear with what sweater,,,, yer kidding me, that woman is a hazard. I am glad she was caught,,, look at the foolish look on her face.

She wasn't caught though was she? sure she's the poster child for distracted driving but look how distracted she is in the second photo. The person who distracted her has all her attention she's not even looking at the road but probably wondering why some loser is taking her picture
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Posted this on another topic but belongs here. I think I've come up with a way to discourage texting while driving. Anyone caught texting while driving must install a 6 inch blade that sticks out from the center of thier steering wheel aimed directly at thier chest. Obviously a little tongue and cheek but I have a feeling that people with those devices installed in thier cars would keep thier eyes on the road and off thier phones.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

cutter7 wrote:
She wasn't caught though was she? sure she's the poster child for distracted driving but look how distracted she is in the second photo. The person who distracted her has all her attention she's not even looking at the road but probably wondering why some loser is taking her picture

Oh ya, she was caught. The public has decided we will publish her silly look and all others we can when they are doing something stupid on our roads and it's all fair game if you choose to do other then drive your car on our roads and are risking our lives. Her dog doesn't belong on her lap helping her steer her car and her phone doesn't belong in one hand leaving only one other to steer and pet/handle her dog. Her look shows she knows she was caught. Here is hoping she will smarten up and not be seen doing dumb stuff on our roads anymore. She is pretty--------> stupid if she continues to do this! How would she look all smashed up? I wonder when she put her make up on,,, just before she was caught talking on the phone,,, :dyinglaughing:

Also ya,,, look how distracted she is in the second photo,,,, really shows how little attention she does pay to the road. She sure don't keep her eyes on it much as far as we can see in just two shots,,, imagine a few miles of driving and how much trouble she could get into,,, probably many near misses and maybe even a hit or two in her time of driving. Lesson learned hopefully once she realizes why the pics were taken.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

uh yea... lets see, she's already distracted and instead of letting the proper authorities do their job you support some clown who is adding to her distractions.

I would advise people not to try this because it not only adds to drivers distraction you don't know how the driver would react.

I notice straight talk hasn't been posting anymore pictures , perhaps he found it difficult to press the shutter button with his sphincter.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Or perhaps people are smartening up some and he hasn't caught anyone

As far as distractions our Clown as you called him might have been taking a pic of something else,,, why did she get distracted? Because she knew it was her actions being recorded... Tough luck hey,,, she wouldn't have been snapped if she wasn't doing many other things besides driving. What a great catch that was! :nyah:

I encourage people to make these people aware what they are doing wrong, it may save a life if we can smarten up just one person,,,
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I agree that this is a great picture of a distracted driver so if we all really want to make some waves, lets get a group together and have that picture, or maybe a series of pictures of this type of individual and put them up on a bill board?

Better yet, lets get some pictures of the aftermath of accidents where it was proven that texting or talking on a cell phone was a direct contributor to the accident. The more gruesome the better.

If every one chips in, the cost won't be too much and if we keep it up for a couple months, who knows? maybe someone will see themselves and get the message.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Roadster wrote:Or perhaps people are smartening up some and he hasn't caught anyone

As far as distractions our Clown as you called him might have been taking a pic of something else,,, why did she get distracted? Because she knew it was her actions being recorded... Tough luck hey,,, she wouldn't have been snapped if she wasn't doing many other things besides driving. What a great catch that was! :nyah:

I encourage people to make these people aware what they are doing wrong, it may save a life if we can smarten up just one person,,,

If? there is no if. he posted it was his intention to take pictures of people on their cell phones and post them.

If you believe people have smartened up and are not talking or texting while they drive I would encourage you to get up and go outside once in a while and take a look. I see people doing either one every single time I go for a drive and not just the occasional one either I see quite a few.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

cutter7 wrote:If? there is no if. he posted it was his intention to take pictures of people on their cell phones and post them.

If you believe people have smartened up and are not talking or texting while they drive I would encourage you to get up and go outside once in a while and take a look. I see people doing either one every single time I go for a drive and not just the occasional one either I see quite a few.

I'm the OP, not straight.

Couple of reasons why I haven't posted any more:

1 - When I'm in the vehicle driving, I drive. My passenger (aka Wife) operates the camera. We haven't been doing a whole lot of driving around lately.

2 - When the snow's gone, I don't drive - I ride. I have no way of taking photos while on my bike. I am thinking about investing in a helmet cam this year. Riding season came not long after the original photo I posted.

3 - It ain't easy taking a clear photograph while moving. Even at a stand-still, there's things like light glare/reflections on the windows to deal with. When moving, it's difficult to get good focus. We managed to grab a few more photos, but they didn't turn out so hot.

4 - Cell phone cameras don't work so hot for the type of moving photo taken in the OP. They don't focus fast enough and the resolution is crap. It's not like we go driving around looking for drivers texting/talking - we don't always have the good camera in the vehicle.

The suggestion that the capturing and posting said photos is illegal is bunk. It's legal. End of story. That has not at all been a factor in my lack of posting photos.

If anybody here does, indeed, have a photograph of a texting/talking driver that (a) identifies the driver and (b) identifies the vehicle (license plate) - pay a visit to the traffic services division with either a high-res printout or a high-res copy of the photos on digital media. They will be happy to take them off your hands and action them on the condition that you'd be willing to testify in court should the driver contest the ticket.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If you text/talk on your phone while driving you need to watch this video from someone else who did.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t3#/vi ... driver.cnn
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Wow, young dumb and crushed,,, but lucky to be alive and one bit smarter.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”