NFL Play-offs!

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NFL Play-offs!

Post by GordonH »

Anything can happen on any given Sunday
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

If you happen to root for the Baltimore Ravens, there were plenty of moments to like about Saturday's outrageous 38-35 double-overtime playoff win over the Denver Broncos. Here's another.

With Baltimore on the ropes in the fourth quarter, Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti texted coach John Harbaugh with words of encouragement.

"I've never texted you during a game," Bisciotti wrote, per the team's official website. "We are down 35-28. And I think it's the best game I've ever seen us (play) in the playoffs since 2000. Win or lose I am so proud of the team and proud of you."

Little did the owner or his coach know what was coming, but it's easy to see why the Ravens are a tight-knit bunch. After the game, Bisciotti's text became the opener to Harbaugh's postgame message to the team.

"That was just something I thought the team needed to hear," Harbaugh later said. "(Bisciotti) is a great leader. The players love him. They love when he's around. He's an inspiration to all of our guys, to me, to this organization, he sets the tone here. It's a great organization because of his vision."

Texting while driving? Bad. Texting while upstaging the Denver Broncos in a wild one? Good.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ugh-in-win

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

You know what? I’m at .500 with my play-off predictions to date (3 for 4 in the wildcard weekend and 1 for 4 in the divisional round). At this point, anything can happen – and hopefully will happen (“on any given Sunday” – right Gordon?). It’s not like I’m putting real money on this so here goes:

I’ve always liked/respected the Patriots (how could you not acknowledge what a great organization and team they are) but watching them go to the Superbowl again already will be boring. I’m liking how the Ravens have progressed over the last few years (hated them when Tony Siragusa basically body slammed Rich Gannon on the ground and never got called for it) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C__R2dGa6qs

... and really liked the feel good story I just posted. I’m cheering for the Ravens and hoping for another upset in the AFC !!!

I was a 49ers fan back in the days of Joe Montana and then Steve Young. Then they faded away into forgetful land for awhile. I’m really liking what I see in this young Kaepernick. Go San Francisco !!!
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

The Baltimore Ravens and New England Patriots face off in the AFC Championship Game for the second straight year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ry-renewed

Did you know?

The Patriots have a chance to play in their eighth Super Bowl, which would tie them with the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers for the most appearances in NFL history. ... Brady's record as a starter in AFC title games is 5-1. The only other quarterback to win as many conference championships in the Super Bowl era? John Elway.

The only other quarterback to have started seven conference title games is Joe Montana. ... Brady needs 227 more postseason passing yards to become the all-time leader in that category; he's currently fourth on the list with 5,629, behind Peyton Manning, Joe Montana and Brett Favre.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/story/0ap10 ... ing-report

The San Francisco 49ers and Colin Kaepernick are on a quest to hold the Lombardi Trophy but will have to conquer the dynamic Atlanta Falcons. What will happen when these two forces collide? Watch

http://www.nfl.com/videos/movie-trailer ... vs-Falcons
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

steven lloyd wrote:The Baltimore Ravens and New England Patriots face off in the AFC Championship Game for the second straight year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ry-renewed

Did you know?

The Patriots have a chance to play in their eighth Super Bowl, which would tie them with the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers for the most appearances in NFL history. ... Brady's record as a starter in AFC title games is 5-1. The only other quarterback to win as many conference championships in the Super Bowl era? John Elway.

The only other quarterback to have started seven conference title games is Joe Montana. ... Brady needs 227 more postseason passing yards to become the all-time leader in that category; he's currently fourth on the list with 5,629, behind Peyton Manning, Joe Montana and Brett Favre.

The San Francisco 49ers and Colin Kaepernick are on a quest to hold the Lombardi Trophy but will have to conquer the dynamic Atlanta Falcons. What will happen when these two forces collide? Watch

http://www.nfl.com/videos/movie-trailer ... vs-Falcons

I am aware the Ravens have slim chance of beatting NE....... but I'm still going for underdogs in both games.

Ravens vs 49'ers to meet at SuperBowl in New Orleans.... lol

(next years game fans better bundle-up could be a little chilly in New York in early February)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote: I am aware the Ravens have slim chance of beatting NE....... but I'm still going for underdogs in both games.

Ravens vs 49'ers to meet at SuperBowl in New Orleans....

I'm with you 100%. At this stage any team can win "on given Sunday" ...
... and these are the two teams I want to see in the Superbowl.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote: I am aware the Ravens have slim chance of beatting NE....... but I'm still going for underdogs ...

The setup

The Baltimore Ravens wanted this AFC Championship Game rematch with the New England Patriots. The Ravens continue to be fueled by the "last ride" of soon-to-retire linebacker Ray Lewis. "If we go to the Super Bowl, it would be great to go through Foxborough and win it there," defensive tackle Haloti Ngata said. "It's another matchup that we're excited about and hopefully we can get it done this year."

Player to watch

Joe Flacco, QB: How clutch has he been? Flacco is the only quarterback in the playoffs averaging more than 20 yards per completion. He's thrown five touchdowns and no interceptions in two playoff games. And he's playing with confidence. Can it continue? It's not like playoff success is foreign to Flacco; he's the first quarterback in NFL history to win a postseason game in each of his first five seasons.

Under pressure

Ravens' pass rush: The Baltimore defense turned up the heat on Peyton Manning in the second half of Saturday's divisional-round matchup with the Denver Broncos and changed the game, with Terrell Suggs contributing two sacks. The Patriots led the league in scoring (34.8 ppg) and turnover differential (plus-25) this season. There's no doubt that disrupting Tom Brady and forcing him to make mistakes is No. 1 on the Ravens' to-do list.

Matchup to watch

Ravens WR Torrey Smith vs. Patriots' pass defense: The Ravens are 11-2 when Smith catches a touchdown pass, including a 1-1 record in the postseason. He had two scores against the Broncos: one for 59 yards, the other a 32-yarder on which he made a terrific adjustment. The Patriots know Smith is dangerous. In the Ravens' Week 3 win over the Pats, Smith caught six passes for 127 yards and two touchdowns -- less than 24 hours after his younger brother had died in a motorcycle accident.

Did you know?

If the Ravens win, Flacco will have six career road playoff victories, the most in NFL history. Flacco is currently tied with Eli Manning at five apiece. ... Suggs has 12 career postseason sacks, tying him with Reggie White for third-most all time, behind Bruce Smith (14.5) and Willie McGinest (16). ... The Ravens have won two straight playoff matchups after going 1-3 in their final four regular-season games. Since 1990, just Baltimore and the New Orleans Saints (in 2009) have won more than one playoff game after dropping three of the last four regular-season games.

How the Ravens will win...

The Ravens are trying to do what no team has done to the Bill Belichick-coached Patriots -- beat them twice at Gillette Stadium in the playoffs. (Their other win came in the wild-card round in 2009.) The Ravens will rely on their experience against the Pats -- they won't be daunted -- and on emotion, led by Lewis. If Flacco and the Ravens' secondary (Corey Graham had two picks in Denver) continue to come through in the clutch, Baltimore will go to New Orleans.

How the Ravens will lose...

The Ravens are riding emotion and playing their best football of the season, but they'll be in trouble if they lose that emotional edge and fail to account for Wes Welker. A key in Denver: The Ravens never fell behind by more than one score. They won't want to play catch-up in Foxborough.

rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Well nice to see the two brothers in the final. I'm still batting .500. I t will be a tough pick in two weeks.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Good picking GordonH.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Thanks Rutand1......... go underdogs.

For the SuperBowl game, I will predict the team with most points when fourth quarter is over... or overtime whichever happens.

will be the winner that's my prediction ....... lol
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote: ......... go underdogs.

On any given Sunday - right Gordon ? :smt023 Great games!

That puts me at .600 for the playoffs picking both winners yesterday.
Now, I'm going to put it all on the Ravens to win the Superbowl.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:
......... go underdogs.

steven lloyd wrote:On any given Sunday - right Gordon ? :smt023 Great games!

That puts me at .600 for the playoffs picking both winners yesterday.
Now, I'm going to put it all on the Ravens to win the Superbowl.

Yep......... Go underdogs
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

did u make any $$$ off your picks gord ?? always nice to make a buck when u get it rite

go ravens
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

theyeti wrote:did u make any $$$ off your picks gord ?? always nice to make a buck when u get it rite

go ravens

Not a gambler

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”