Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

juz516
Board Meister

Re: Harper to meet with Chief Spence/First Nations leaders

Post by juz516 »

growing food puts food on our tables,cranking out all the juice as fast as we can ,feeds greed ,everyone who wants to work in this country does.now we are pushing it to excess.Canada is the new america.

and that has to do with what regarding this thread (oh, Roadster said something to that effect...right) and No, not "everyone who wants to work" is. whole different topic, Kibbs. Nice try, though.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

kibbs wrote:
growing food puts food on our tables,cranking out all the juice as fast as we can ,feeds greed ,everyone who wants to work in this country does.now we are pushing it to excess.Canada is the new america.

Thats all good kibbs if you don't live in an apartment block, how do we raise our own beef and chickens while living in the city? Ya know, things have changed since the simple days of farming our own stuff in the back 40, we happen to be living and working in cities and large towns where a lot of this can't be done like it was way back then. And if this is what you think then why are we sending money to these reserves when they surely would have more room and slacker laws when it comes to growing their own food?
Let's think about this a second,,, you go to a mennonite or a Hutterite community, they have their own space, (I believe they purchased their land) they grow their own food, manufacture their own food for consumption, build and maintain their own homes, even educate their own children in some places,,, If you go onto their grounds it's clean, well kept by every member of their colony, even their kids are working members on their land, do they get 40 grand sent to each family a year, tax free?
Yes, it can be done but is it on anything other then them types of colonies? Those people respect their living space and they do everything for themselves.
And no, not everyone who wants to work is, mind you lots who Don't want to work are not either, we are dragging in mexicans to do loads of work that is available.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

If Canadians are serious about ending poverty on aboriginal reserves, it’s time for a new approach. At a recent news conference the CTF laid out five ideas for change:
1.. Instead of continuing to fund people to stay in high unemployment reserves in the middle of nowhere, aim assistance at people – especially young people – to help them transition to where there are jobs and opportunities.

Where is this wonderful, magical place?

2.. Chiefs can “hunger strike” if they choose but that does not exempt them from accountability. Audits are an appropriate response to millions in unaccounted funds.

Wonderful! Let's make all levels of government accountable. Heck, why don't we open ALL the books so we can see where all the money is going before it goes missing. Or just audit Spence already and quit assuming every Chief is a theif.

3.. Pilot projects should be initiated whereby reserve funding flows to the citizens. Chiefs and councillors can then tax their citizens in order to fund services.

Or just assume this isn't already happening and completely ignore the successful self-governing bands.

4.. Transfer more control of existing reserve land to the bands. And let the people, not the band own their own homes.

EXACTLY! Repeal Bill c-45 immediately.

5.. Stop creating more programs and laws that single aboriginal people out – treat all Canadians the same.

That one, see number one. Then make it equal all around, send non native unemployed and welfare recipients to that magical place as well.
Sign our petition right now to encourage the Prime Minister to take real action (and not just cut larger cheques) to end aboriginal poverty on reserves.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Roadster wrote:What petition?

http://taxpayer.com/federal/aboriginal-policy-reform

There is a long post by me a page back or two. I wrote Cannon and signed.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Thanks Ken7, have gone there.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I'd still rather see a petition that gets rid of any favoritism and puts all Canadians on equal ground. No use giving up money to give them reserves only to be told they don't like being stuck on reserves.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

zzontar wrote:I'd still rather see a petition that gets rid of any favoritism and puts all Canadians on equal ground. No use giving up money to give them reserves only to be told they don't like being stuck on reserves.

Agree, also,,, only to be told again, the money went missing but our government who supplied the money has no right to send in a third party to help find where it went. You should not close the door on the one supplying the goods. That made me a bit angry. That move is a sign of having something to hide.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

"Roadster"

Agree, also,,, only to be told again, the money went missing but our government who supplied the money has no right to send in a third party to help find where it went. You should not close the door on the one supplying the goods. That made me a bit angry. That move is a sign of having something to hide.

I heard something the other day, may just be someone starting a rumour although they have uncovered ten reserves which had 10 million dollars of unaccountable funding.

Two of those reserves are allegedly in B.C. I find that interesting and would like to see the reports on that.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

howdy bean counters,another episode from anw,looks like chief spence might be giving up the fast, bob ray has been talking with her ,she just wants the other cheifs to maintain pressure on steve ,
Peace be with you.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

^^ More likely she's simply sick of fish soup. :dyinglaughing:
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
bottleman
Fledgling

Post by bottleman »

finally, now she can go back to mismanaging her band's funding and we don't have to hear about her soup and vitamin strike anymore.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

wow 6 weeks of no food and it looks like she never lost a pound
thats a first, she is a discrace to all native people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

the truth wrote:wow 6 weeks of no food and it looks like she never lost a pound
thats a first, she is a discrace to all native people

I was thinking she might actually have gained a bit considering her cheeks are chubbier now than they looked a month back. :dyinglaughing:

Must be all that fish soup, and time spent sitting in a teepee, texting her police force to keep reporters out of town.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

The other chief said it's everyones struggle, they won't be put behind and no one should die for it,,, so she is done.

What struggle? It's a struggle for all Canadians fercryingoutloud, it's called living, but they seem to think they are the only ones struggling,,, it truly is time they were laid out in line with the rest of us and see what a stubble it can be when we all gotta make our own money to put food on our table.
Every time they speak they are telling us they have it the hardest, in one of the richest countries in the world,,, imagine if it wasn't Canada they were living in and they were still smokin leaves and eating berries and rabbits and lighting fires with sticks while the rest of the country had some development but wasn't sharing the wealth with them as I am sure many countries don't.
They want a say in environmental issues,,, sure,,, stand in line with the rest of us and vote! Why do they want to be a special piece of everything we must all stop and listen and cater to? Dang me sideways,,, I am sick of the me first attitude they spew every time they speak. When will we become one Canada as we have been trying to do with everyone who lives here, and even moves here from other countries for crimminy sakes?!?!
Time to join the population and stop trying to be first and only that matters.

Where is the petition that says the government should see them as Canadians only and should be treated as fairly as the rest of us?
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Roadster wrote:The other chief said it's everyones struggle, they won't be put behind and no one should die for it,,, so she is done.

What struggle? It's a struggle for all Canadians fercryingoutloud, it's called living, but they seem to think they are the only ones struggling,,, it truly is time they were laid out in line with the rest of us and see what a stubble it can be when we all gotta make our own money to put food on our table.
Every time they speak they are telling us they have it the hardest, in one of the richest countries in the world,,, imagine if it wasn't Canada they were living in and they were still smokin leaves and eating berries and rabbits and lighting fires with sticks while the rest of the country had some development but wasn't sharing the wealth with them as I am sure many countries don't.
They want a say in environmental issues,,, sure,,, stand in line with the rest of us and vote! Why do they want to be a special piece of everything we must all stop and listen and cater to? Dang me sideways,,, I am sick of the me first attitude they spew every time they speak. When will we become one Canada as we have been trying to do with everyone who lives here, and even moves here from other countries for crimminy sakes?!?!
Time to join the population and stop trying to be first and only that matters.

Where is the petition that says the government should see them as Canadians only and should be treated as fairly as the rest of us?

:ohmygod: someone figured it out

Return to “Canada”