Martial Law in Canada? Need to be aware

EarthWeaver

Martial Law in Canada? Need to be aware

Post by EarthWeaver »

Snman
Übergod

Re: Martial Law in Canada? Need to be aware

Post by Snman »

Earthweaver, what left wing commie person rock did you just crawl out from under? I see you have posted several links starting several threads. If you hate Canada, get lost!
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

j watson wrote:Earthweaver, what left wing commie person rock did you just crawl out from under? I see you have posted several links starting several threads. If you hate Canada, get lost!

Perhaps Earthweaver has a great enough love for this country that he/she wants people to be informed and "armed" with knowledge, so we have a better understanding why people protest about issues many of us do not understand nor are aware of.

It's not a bad thing to be informed, is it?

As with so many posts in these forums, the offensive posts generally come from those who feel they are the offended.
"left wing commie person rock"?

sigh
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I was able to stomach 17 minutes of that nut bar and couldn't take it any more. Anyone else able to watch further?
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Graham Adder, you have a point. Sorry earthweaver, my bad. :runforlife:
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Thanks for the post.

Aside from the heavy metal music video feel of the riot footage, this incident clearly is not talked about enough.

The worst violation of rights in Canadian history to date. Martial law imposed on a city, assaults, sexual humiliations, illegal detainment's.

Also tied into this affair is a 1 BILLION dollar price tag to fund this carnival, paid out by the feds. The G20 could have been held in the country, but downtown Toronto seemed better.

50 million of that billion dollars became unaccounted for funds that were originally allotted for "border security". The 50 million ended up being spent in certain cabinet ministers riding's, sprucing up washrooms and public parks - buying votes. No receipts, no apologizes and the government tried to smear the auditor for bringing it to light and lie about it to the bitter end.

In the end, to protect the economic interests of a handful of men.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Ken7 wrote:I was able to stomach 17 minutes of that nut bar and couldn't take it any more. Anyone else able to watch further?

I kinda skipped through it and it was exactly how I thought it will be. "Oh no, police on horses! More police! Why do we need police! We're very peaceful and what happened to our right of free speech? Oh no, oh wow, oh jesus!". With added marching sound effects, of course.

The whole movie can be scaled down to one quote of the police officer in the movie:

"If it wasn't for a certain element in today's society none of this would be needed".

And he's right.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Dan Dicks believes there will be a New World Order - I think his films will be a little slanted.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Meh, it was 2 days in 2010. Old news.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

"Captain Awesome"

I kinda skipped through it and it was exactly how I thought it will be. "Oh no, police on horses! More police! Why do we need police! We're very peaceful and what happened to our right of free speech? Oh no, oh wow, oh jesus!". With added marching sound effects, of course.

The whole movie can be scaled down to one quote of the police officer in the movie:

"If it wasn't for a certain element in today's society none of this would be needed".

And he's right.

:rate10:
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

You guys are way to stressed. It's a parody. Do what I do, watch it and laugh your *bleep* off!! It's nice to get examples of how high my IQ is, makes me feel better. :dyinglaughing:
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Its the agent provocateur that freaked me out ,can you imagine police starting riots to justify their presence.The fact that the idea is even present scares me.A poster named the truth believes we need martial law and all the scum should be killed ,i cant handle the truth.just how much do we value stuff.
Peace be with you.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Captain Awesome wrote:"If it wasn't for a certain element in today's society none of this would be needed".

And he's right.

Canada regularly enacts illegal martial law preemptively in cases of vandalism?

Why is Halloween night not a curfew/martial law night? Why can't the police detain,arrest and hold people at will on Halloween - car windows could be smashed!

That is ignoring the fact the police were placing agents in the crowd, trying to entice the riots. Sexual humiliations, assaults of amputees - mass arrests - people getting out of restaurants arrested illegally - all good?

Worst violation of civil law in Canadain history - and you paid a billion dollars for it - but focus on a Indian Band Zamboni!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

SurplusElect wrote:That is ignoring the fact the police were placing agents in the crowd, trying to entice the riots.

Police put undercover agents into crowds for different reasons, not what college know-it-all kids think.

Sexual humiliations, assaults of amputees - mass arrests - people getting out of restaurants arrested illegally - all good?

If done within the law and in accordance with police operation procedures - good. If not - then not good.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Captain Awesome wrote:If done within the law and in accordance with police operation procedures - good. If not - then not good.

The whole situation was a violation of Canadian law.

Leads me to ask why you said the police were justified in their actions because of vandalism threats.

...and if they held the G20 in the country they wouldn't have had to build a Berlin wall in TO, violate a few thousand Canadians rights and erode trust in the community.

Oh, and save 750 million tax dollars give or take.

Return to “Canada”