Best lose weight/get fit program

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
rostkaent

Best lose weight/get fit program

Post by rostkaent »

Who can tell me who is the best loose weight/keep fit program in Kelowna for women are ???
:skippingsheep:
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Best loose weight/get fit program

Post by Lady tehMa »

If you really want to lose weight, find a gym with a High Intensity Interval Training program. One of the currently popular forms of HIIT is called Tabata. It is brutal, but it works. I found that to make gains of any kind, I had to be going to the gym 3 times a week minimum.

Most gyms offer a trial period; try out a few and see which one feels like home to you. The ones I'm looking into are World, Good Life, The Woman's Place, Global and the Y. Oranj is a nice gym, but awfully expensive. Check 'em out, see if one "clicks" with you.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Eat healthy and exercise, doesn't need to be a gym. Go for a brisk walk every day. Slow but sure will remove the pounds and keep them off.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Bsuds wrote:Eat healthy and exercise, doesn't need to be a gym.

Bingo. Emphasis on the EAT HEALTHY. I've lost 10 pounds in the last month just by making better choices and dropping the crap.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Some people really like the gym atmosphere, it helps with motivation.
Everyone is different. I find fitness classes make me want to smack the spandex clad shouting chick in the head.
Other people need that type of interaction. You need to find what works for you whether it is dance class, zumba, yoga, spin...whatever will keep you going.
Personally, I would rather shovel snow or mow the lawn than going to the gym.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

gardengirl wrote:Personally, I would rather shovel snow or mow the lawn than going to the gym.

I'll send you my address! :127:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
tazmandew
Fledgling

Post by tazmandew »

Keep a food diary, sometimes just seeing what you are eating will make you realize you need a change in diet. Changing the way you eat sometimes is enough to shed a few pounds and get slim.

The most important thing to remember is your output of excercise has to be more then your input of food. If you eat more calories then you burn off you are not going to lose weight. Also remember that starving yourself will slow your metabolism and you won't lose weight.

Go to your cupboard and fridge and throw out any food that is processed. Any sugary snacks and cereals etc.

Next is to go shopping. If it doesn't grow on the earth, isn't real meat and contains ingredients you can't pronounce don't buy it. Shop in the meat dept isle (real meat only), the fruit and veggie isle, wholegrain bread ( no cookies cakes or pies etc). Buy milk, eggs, yogurt, etc... foods that are nutritious and wholesome. Canned tuna and salmon are also good. Juices with no sugar added. For cereal plain oatmeal is the best. These are only a few examples of what to buy.

Excercise programs don't have to be expensive. Most of the excercises you can do at home. Make time to go for regular walks around your neighborhood. Target the areas that bother you the most rather then doing everything all at once. If your butt bothers you find excercises to help target that area etc... Start slow..work up to a full body workout. There are lots of detailed picture workouts and videos online showing you how to target certain areas. Pick one that makes you the most comfortable, one that you know is easy for you to stick to doing day after day.

Remember the best lose weight/get fit diet is the one you can stick to and not sway from. Forget all the hype and go with what works for you. Take a before picture of what your problem area is and use that to motivate you. That way when you take the after picture you can see if all your hard work is paying off with a slimmer you.

Hope this helps :sunshine:
peachlandnotary

Post by peachlandnotary »

This is not for everyone...but I cut wheat out and lost 10 pounds. I wasn't trying to lose weight, only to try something different in my diet.
I would also recommend watching some interesting documentaries to get you motivated, such as "Food for Change" or "Food Inc".

While there are a few factors at play, weight loss should be a simple calculation of calories in vs calories out. If you intake less calories than you burn, you lose weight.

That's my two cents ;)
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Best lose weight/get fit program

Post by Lady tehMa »

Revend wrote:For losing weight gym is best place to do exercise. Exercise is the only tool to get fit and weight loss. In my opinion running,jogging and yoga are best exercises for fitness. These are bets fitness programs that everyone should do.

Well not everyone can do those, though. For example, if I do any form of running I suffer from knee problems. Fortunately there are lots of different forms of exercise you can do. HIIT workouts are very efficient and effective; and allow you to modify for injury or congenital problems.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Re: Best lose weight/get fit program

Post by Phoenix Within »

Revend wrote:Exercise is the only tool to get fit and weight loss.

I'm going to disagree for it being the "only" tool. From a guy who's lied to himself for many years, figuring I could just go to a gym and "work it off" and not watch what I ate, it's BS. Your intake is just as important (if not more important) as exercise. I've lost more weight in a shorter period of time by watching what I ate and making smarter decisions in cooking. Eating more whole foods and avoiding processed crap does make a difference.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”