Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Always Sunny »

I drove from Kelowna to Golden today.

In a stretch approximately 30km (between Sicamous and Three Valley Gap) there were 4 major accidents...
1.) Transport went over an embankment, took out several telephone poles and caught fire, was still burning when I drove by.
2.) A larger loaded pick up seemed to have crossed over the centre line, overturned, and spilled a bunch of equipment on the highway.
3.) Another transport...this one lost its load of lumber across the highway. The cab was detached from the trailer by the time I came by and was pretty smashed up.
4.) A large passenger van was in the ditch, back end all smashed up (hopefully there weren't passengers).

Bonus - Between Revelstoke and Golden there was another transport in the ditch. Bad one. They were off loading whatever was in that trailer into another one on the side of the highway.

The amount of people that rode my a** was incredible. I was going a good speed for the condition. The limit is 90km out there and there were corners where I had to slow down, but other than that maintained a good speed. Love the confidence of the driver who will shadow you 20 feet off your bumper, but chicken out at the passing lanes, even when I would reduce my speed so they could pass.

Unfortunately the most dangerous thing I could do today was slow down to pull off the road...it was very icy and people were way too close for the road conditions.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

To the older gent walking down the middle of the right hand lane of Gordon
between Springfield and Sutherland on Jan.12/13 seemingly oblivious
to the fact that he was nearly clipped multiple time.

The sidewalk a metre or so to his right appeared to be in reasonable condition
all things considered.
You sir, are an IDIOT!!!!

Edit to correct the date.
Last edited by dirtybiker on Jan 13th, 2013, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dirtybiker wrote:To the older gent walking down the middle of the right hand lane of Gordon
between Springfield and Sutherland on Feb.12/13 seemingly oblivious
to the fact that he was nearly clipped multiple time.

The sidewalk a metre or so to his right appeared to be in reasonable condition
all things considered.
You sir, are an IDIOT!!!!

WOW, you can see into the future! :200:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bsuds wrote: Feb.12/13 !

WOW, you can see into the future! :200:[/quote]

Doh, thx,
I've corrected this issue.....the date thing...not the walking in the roadway thing...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

HeHe, I think we saw that guy the other day as well. If he keeps that up he'll be knocked into the future....lol
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

The Government...Yer idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!

You keep on pushing all these initiatives to get people out of cars and onto public transit
and, at the same time hand out driving licences like candy on Halloween.
The education should be more stringent so as only those that truly "get it" get it, instead of
the present system of "have at 'er...good luck!"

It astounds me at the high degree of people that have no concept of...

<The rules of the road
<traffic laws
<care and control of their vehicles
<PHYSICS 101
<self preservation
<accountability to ones actions
<morals
<ethics
< sign reading and comprehension

I hold the Government at fault for being so lenient in the education and testing in regards to
ALL Classes of the drivers licence programs.
If only the people that truly comprehended vehicle care and control were alowed to hold a valid licence...
<roads would be less congested
<roads would be safer
<less pollution and congestion
,goods and services would be less money
<public transit initiatives would be a no-brainer
<etc., etc., etc.,............................

RANT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>to be continued..............................Oh ya...."Yer Idiots!"
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Here's a good one for ya, we are waiting out in the vehicle for a prescription, gonna take about an hour cos they are really busy, so, while sitting there the space beside us is empty, an older woman pulls up in an empty spot a couple further away in a silver car,,, remember that, a car.

She goes inside the store. A silver mini van,,, much bigger then her little car pulls up beside us and he goes in, she comes out, sticks her key in his door and low and behold she manages to open it,,, (maybe he didn't lock it,,,?) she looks around. Turns around and looks at our vehicle which happens to be silver, looks back in the van she opened and then after a thought she closes it, walks down a few car spaces and gets in her little silver car and drives away,,, Eeeeek! She drove away, she shoulda called her son or daughter to come and get her and take her home :dyinglaughing:
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Pretty sure this old gal wasn't an idiot...just old...like really, really old.

took her five tries to reverse out of a driveway on a, luckily, quiet residential street.
1st try, straight back out,across the street and nudges to a snow bank.
Pulls all the way back into the driveway
2nd, start turning the wheels before she clears the driveway and hits her steering against
the snowbank beside it.
3rd...almost identical to the first.
4th, she got out and turned but, realized she was pointing the wrong direction.
Instead of going around the block, you guessed it, back into the driveway again.
5th, she made it out, only slightly hit the snowbank beside the driveway AND
the snowbank across the street but, she was pointing the way she wanted to go
and, go she did, spinning her front-w-drive half way down the snowy street.

I was in awe..
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

Roadster wrote:Here's a good one for ya, we are waiting out in the vehicle for a prescription, gonna take about an hour cos they are really busy, so, while sitting there the space beside us is empty, an older woman pulls up in an empty spot a couple further away in a silver car,,, remember that, a car.

She goes inside the store. A silver mini van,,, much bigger then her little car pulls up beside us and he goes in, she comes out, sticks her key in his door and low and behold she manages to open it,,, (maybe he didn't lock it,,,?) she looks around. Turns around and looks at our vehicle which happens to be silver, looks back in the van she opened and then after a thought she closes it, walks down a few car spaces and gets in her little silver car and drives away,,, Eeeeek! She drove away, she shoulda called her son or daughter to come and get her and take her home :dyinglaughing:

lol good one roadster
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

To the grey/blonde woman in the gold, 1998 Honda Accord sedan west-bound on Springfield who used the right turn only lane to pass the 5 or 6 cars waiting to go straight through the 'just turned green' light at Ethel. You are a selfish IDIOT with special idiotness.

Passing on the right in an intersection and cutting off the first car that was legitimately proceeding straight through the intersection (i.e. me) in order to get into the actual lane just shy of slamming into the parked car, is just selfish, assinine, and ridiculously rude. So was running the red light at Pandosy; yep, that light was red when your rear tires crossed the line.

Idiot woman.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

kgcayenne wrote:To the grey/blonde woman in the gold, 1998 Honda Accord sedan west-bound on Springfield who used the right turn only lane to pass the 5 or 6 cars waiting to go straight through the 'just turned green' light at Ethel. You are a selfish IDIOT with special idiotness.

Passing on the right in an intersection and cutting off the first car that was legitimately proceeding straight through the intersection (i.e. me) in order to get into the actual lane just shy of slamming into the parked car, is just selfish, assinine, and ridiculously rude. So was running the red light at Pandosy; yep, that light was red when your rear tires crossed the line.

Idiot woman.

Too bad you didn't have a dash cam like I do. Could have sent a copy to the police. Oh well, she got away with it AGAIN, and will get away with it again.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

To the driver in the Viking van,,, and I hope yer boss sees this,,,

Going along Grey road in Rutland today about 1-1:30 pm today. The older gent and his wife were in front of you in a little blue truck trying to make their turn right to park behind the mall, you were riding their butt so they turned left when they meant to turn right. Looked to me like he got out of your way and made that turn just for you and you seemed only too happy about the results of the pressure you put on them, they then turned back around and parked behind the mall where they were going in the first place and went into the mall. I was standing there watching this.

The road was becoming slippery and dangerous and my thinking is the older gent felt better about turning left on the other street then slowing you down so he could park in between a few cars,,, shame on you, you old goat!

What's more! Once they gave you Your road back, you gunned it letting them and everyone else know they shouldnt have done that,,, used Your road and you gunned it and skidded this way and that way before straightening out. Nice work! If I hadn't been talking to some people I would have gotten your plate number and called you in! Several saw you and commented what a jerk you were,,, nice advertising.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Encountered another one (idiot) yesterday coming up Mcurdy road heading towards Rutland road north in the school zone.
I was doing the 30 K when this moron flies up to my back bumper and sits there for 10 seconds then screams past me in the left lane there is a car in front of him/her with their left indicator on attempting to turn on one of the side streets this joker blasts right past them as well had to hold my breath hoping that car didn't get slammed into the driver must have seen this joker coming up behind them !
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

To the two men involved in what looked to be a very minor fender-bender at Harvey and Dilworth around 2:00pm today. You guys are idiots.

Unless both vehicles were rendered absolutely undriveable, there was no reason to leave them in the middle of the intersection while you two chatted and exchanged information. Bringing traffic to a complete stop in two of the four directions are one of the busiest intersections in town is simply asking for more accidents.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

To owner/driver of a silver/light grey Toyota 4 Runner at the lights (Cooper & Springfield) heading south...... just after 9 am.

I don't consider you an idiot just very foolish having your licence plate on inside rear window behind tinted glass.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”