More Events @ Prospera

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: More Events @ Prospera

Post by kibbs »

Nickelback or talent? Pick one.

talent plus the ability to draw ,southern fried rockers would do the best ,zz on the bluff was inaudible but what a fun fest.id love to see steve miller again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYwKGDe7AnQ
Peace be with you.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

I've been lucky to see Sting in concert a couple of times - in two completely different venues (Prospera and the QE in Vancover) and the sound was great in both. This particular tour's 'sound' is more rock show than intimate jazz set. Don't be concerned about the sound. Sting employs some of the best sound engineers in the business. Oh, believe me, nothing is cooler than hearing the whole audience singing along with Message in a Bottle and Roxanne.[/quote]

sounds like a great time :dyinglaughing:
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

anchor08 wrote:The people here listing nickelback and avril lavigne are what is wrong with kelowna's music scene.

:dyinglaughing:

I agree i'd like to see actual talent in Kelowna!

However if they could get Nickelback here I would'nt complain, bring money to the town as I'm sure they would sell a lot of tickets..

The busier the complex is the better.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The people here listing nickelback and avril lavigne are what is wrong with kelowna's music scene.

Your opinion. It amazes me that people dismiss Nickleback as a force yet they are at the top of their game globally and are immensely popular as a solid rock band.

As for Avril, can't deny her success. I am not a fan but I recognize talent and she has it otherwise the music industry over the past decade or so has been duped.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

ya nickelback is global force of talent lol
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Nickelback is one of the most commercially successful Canadian groups, having sold more than 50 million albums worldwide[4] and ranking as the eleventh best-selling music act, and the second best-selling foreign act in the U.S. behind the Beatles, of the 2000s.[5][6] Billboard ranks them the top rock group of the decade, and their hit song "How You Remind Me" was listed as the top rock song of the decade and the fourth song of the decade. They were listed number seven on the Billboard top artist of the decade, with four albums listed on the Billboard top albums of the decade.[7]

Seems to be quite the group. (wikipedia)
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Some of their songs are not too bad, I like "Lullaby" and "When we stand together". I don't understand the fuss, really.

I have been to 3 concerts at Prospera in the past 3 years (Three Days Grace, Hedley and Journey). They were enjoyable, but expensive. This is not something I can do more often. They were all quite full too - though I've heard some concerts there are not always packed. I guess it depends on how popular the artist is. (I am well aware that indie-snobs do not equate popular with good, but everyone has different tastes).
I haven't failed until I quit.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Fancy wrote:Seems to be quite the group. (wikipedia)

:coffeecanuck: So were Milly Vanilly
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lol - true. I'm not a fan btw.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Any band that becomes super popular will receive a backlash. Nickelback also has a penchant for corny, misogynistic lyrics that turn a lot of people off. Judging by their record sales and tours, lots of people like them just fine.

Back to the topic at hand though...more events is better, whether they are ones I'd pay to see or not. I'd love to see Prospera place be a hotbed for touring acts like it was in it's first few years of operation.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
KingCreole
Board Meister

Post by KingCreole »

Just scored 3rd row for Sting! Looking forward to a great concert....

We're also going to Seinfeld. I'm quite pleased in the concerts at Prospera. Just in the last 1.5 years we've seen Sarah Machlachlan, Supertramp and Michael Buble. Not bad if you ask me.

Additional to Prospera, we've seen Howie Mandell at the South Okanagan Events Center and Buddy Guy at the Rotary Centre for the Arts. All the concerts were great and the sound was good to great at all venues.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

We're also going to Seinfeld. I'm quite pleased in the concerts at Prospera. Just in the last 1.5 years we've seen Sarah Machlachlan, Supertramp and Michael Buble. Not bad if you ask me.

Seinfeld is funny but do you think you will here any new material?I thought he already told us for the last time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNCkrYma9N4

Tramp without hodsen would be mediocre.i passed
The other two make the stale white bread in this kelowna entertainment sandwich.
give me tramp with hodsen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aWDxuhD0FI
Peace be with you.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I have a question ..............

I don't "do" concerts because I don't like screaming masses of people packed into buildings.

However, isn't Sting some kind of really big name entertainment? As in, BIG?

My question ... if this is a "world tour" ...

Beginning on May 30 at Prospera Place in Kelowna, the tour will extend across North America in June with performances in cities including San Francisco, Chicago, Atlantic City, Kingston, and Boston, followed by a return to Europe through July with concerts in Poland, Ireland, France, Denmark, and Norway.

What is the connection with starting this tour in Kelowna? Why Kelowna? It just strikes me as odd.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

In a lot of cases GF, when big names play small venues it's because somebody knows someone or there is some sort of attachment to the city. With Elton John, it had to do with his husband, who is Canadian and some ties he had with Kelowna.

And yes, in the music world, Sting is a big deal.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
sissy

Post by sissy »

Personally I'd rather go to Nickelback then Sting. Not a Sting fan really. A couple songs but not enough to spend money to see him. I don't understand why people hate Nickelback so much. There's nothing wrong with them. They are a solid rock band that apparently puts on an awesome show. So why do people hate them so much? Just cause they have some corny lyrics? So what. They're still a rock band. 3 Doors Down was supposed to come to Penticton, I guess they cancelled for some reason. Hasn't Sting been to Kelowna before? Why not try getting some new entertainement? Meh, I don't know. I just hope for the best and when someone good comes to either Kelowna or Penticton, then I'll pick tickets up.Honestly kind of tired of getting my hopes up every time they say theres going to be an annoucment. I'm usually left disapointed and wondering the same questions.

Return to “Central Okanagan”