Never pay a traffic ticket without a fight

Home of the traffic rant.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Never pay a traffic ticket without a fight

Post by kibbs »

You obviously aren't reading what I post. Cheating is cheating but I guess the system is there to beat. Don't complain about delays in court as those trying to screw the system are part of the proble

who's complaining when i make a charter argument they let you leave right away and the charges are stayed
Peace be with you.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

You obviously aren't reading what I post. Cheating is cheating but I guess the system is there to beat. Don't complain about delays in court as those trying to screw the system are part of the proble

kibbs wrote:who's complaining when i make a charter argument they let you leave right away and the charges are stayed

Sometimes.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Sometimes.

they havn't taken one of my cases to the supreme court yet.i think my traffic ticket wasn't worthy
Peace be with you.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Sometimes.

kibbs wrote:they havn't taken one of my cases to the supreme court yet.i think my traffic ticket wasn't worthy

They don't go to Supreme Court.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

where are the charter arguments taken?
Peace be with you.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

kibbs wrote:who's complaining when i make a charter argument they let you leave right away and the charges are stayed

What charter argument are you making?
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
bikeguy25
Fledgling

Post by bikeguy25 »

So a defense lawyer (The same one who tries to give legal advice for EVERTHING) is telling people to dispute their tickets.....Wow im shocked......Im sure his next post will be to hire him for X AMOUNT of dollars and he will fight it for you. It proves they have no one elses interest in mind but themselves. He could care less what happens to you. Also ask him from a "Moral" point of view that if you did committ the offence and believe your guilty why and how he can justify someone disputing it.

And he should have also noted that in some cases the judge can and will increase the fine to $2000 dollars and up to a 6 month driving suspension because of past history and/or wasting the courts time.

As for the person who said they got a ticket for 180 dollars for doing 67 in a 60, that is impossible. Not only is there no speeding ticket for 180 dollars, the fact that it was that expensive shows that the speed was a minimum of 21km/hr over.

As for police not showing up to court, it happens the odd time but not nearly as much as it used to. Now they schedule court on the days the police officers work so they cant miss it and if on a day off then its financially beneficial for the officer to attend court.

This is another key example of how lawyers are taking advantage of the system and why there is such a long backlogs and waiting times. Yes its everyone's right to dispute their ticket and have their day in court but to hear "You should always dispute your ticket" just proves he has no respect for the court system thats in place.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

What charter argument are you making?

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/Const/page-15.html

11b
Peace be with you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What part? This one?
6(a) to move to and take up residence in any province;
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

6(a) to move to and take up residence in any province;

A typical kelowna welcome .How much are you spending and when are you leaving?you will have to shoot me first.
Peace be with you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm sorry - bad joke. I was teasing and shouldn't have. However, that does go back to clogging the courts. There obviously needs to be more judges to address that issue.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Sorry - bad joke. I was teasing.

apology accepted thankyou :sunshine:i wish i had more time
Peace be with you.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

never had any luck fighting the cops , did complain once once when they beat me and had some bs charges dropped over it .
i think for a few hundred dollars i would just pay it and save having to go to court with these leeches
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

While picking up my brothers motorcycle up in downtown Toronto. A white van rolled his cherries at me .I pulled over and he followed me, thinking he was an ambulance and seeing a hospital to the right i pulled to the other side and he followed me still ,i pulled to the right and stopped ,confused thinking it was a joke.Turns out it was a police van .They orderd me out of the truck and told me to put my hands on the back of the tailgate .i could see i was surrounded by about ten cops .Suddenly one plain clothes put a gun to the back of my head cocked and said"If you make one move i am going to blow your brains all over the tailgate of this truck."true story.
Do cops drink a lot of coffee ,I felt like they all had been drinking a lot of coffee.They thought I was looking for a dark place to pull over and kill them.I was charged with speeding which i was not and failing to pull over to an emergency vehicle.I wanted to fight the speeding ticket but thought they would kill me. I was young and stupid.Always pull over and stop for an emergency vehicle.
Peace be with you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Geez what decade was that? Seen guns drawn but never cocked.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”