Sting coming to Ktown

60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Sting coming to Ktown

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Anyone know who the backup band is..?

Man is that ever cool..
Last edited by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown on Jan 28th, 2013, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Sting coming to Ktown

Post by mexi cali »

It's true and I think tickets went on sale today.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I just edited it cause I was not sure, are the local guys playing backup?
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I think it is only him and he is coming with a five piece band called back to Bass? I think that was what I had read.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Sorry, the tour is called back to bass.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Doesn't say anything about local bands as an opening act ... web site shows: Line-up - Sting. How many will be going when they find out tickets range from $294 to $682 each.

Extending his Back to Bass Tour, he is joined by his longtime guitarist Dominic Miller, drummer Vinnie Colaiuta, David Sancious on keyboards, Peter Tickell on electric fiddle and vocalist Jo Lawry.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Doesn't say anything about local bands as an opening act ... web site shows: Line-up - Sting. How many will be going when they find out tickets range from $294 to $682 each.

Am I missing something here? "Select Your Tickets" website shows tickets ranging from $65 to $175 each. Where did you get those figures from?
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
missmorgan

Post by missmorgan »

oneh2obabe wrote:http://www.coasttocoasttickets.com/buy/Prospera_Place.htm?pid=2028087

Coast to coast tickets is a ticket reseller. Regular priced tickets are still availabe on Select Your Tickets.
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

oneh2obabe wrote:http://www.coasttocoasttickets.com/buy/Prospera_Place.htm?pid=2028087

Oh, online scalping gotcha! You buy your tix there, I'll go with SYT and spend the night at the Grand across the street after the show and still have money left over for drinks!
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

DashFiveGuy wrote:Oh, online scalping gotcha! You buy your tix there, I'll go with SYT and spend the night at the Grand across the street after the show and still have money left over for drinks!

Don't buy tickets - haven't gone to a concert or major sporting event since I had to start paying for tickets - free was much better. C2C was the first site that popped up when I did a search for ticket prices.

cocainekilleddisco
Fledgling

Post by cocainekilleddisco »

No disrespect to Sting fans, but...........YAWN!
joer2012
Fledgling

Post by joer2012 »

oneh2obabe wrote:How many will be going when they find out tickets range from $294 to $682 each.

*bleep* is this for real? I checked the prices and that is what it's showing.

Unless it's in Mongolian Dollars, and someone screwed up big time.

Sorry, but no way would I pay that to go see a has-been topping up their broken pension scheme.

Maybe $50/head I might be tempted, but that's just a stupid price. I hope it falls on it's sorry own hass and sells about 100 tickets and has to be cancelled showing great shame and contempt upon the tour organisers and local affiliates.

Hmm.....I have a cunning plan....let's gouge some hillbillies and grey tops, desperate for a bit of culture and quaint nostalgia from the 80's,

Appalling. Truly appalling.
AB oil patch worker
Sunshine Tax Rebate recipient
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Sting would have to pay me to attend "Joe Walsh" Im there !!!
CoconutBreath
Fledgling

Post by CoconutBreath »

joer2012 wrote:Maybe $50/head I might be tempted, but that's just a stupid price. I hope it falls on it's sorry own hass and sells about 100 tickets and has to be cancelled showing great shame and contempt upon the tour organisers and local affiliates.

Hmm.....I have a cunning plan....let's gouge some hillbillies and grey tops, desperate for a bit of culture and quaint nostalgia from the 80's,

Appalling. Truly appalling.

$50/head? Yeah, maybe in 1989. I take it you don't get out much, & quite frankly, I pity your significant other, having to stay at home watching Wheel of Fortune next to you on the couch. I'm not a Sting fan myself, so I'm not interested, but I GLADly & QUICKly paid close to $1000 for 2 x 2nd row seated tickets to see FleetWood Mac with a deluxe hotel suite (with KING bed) across the street In Vancouver in May. As far as "grey tops"...these old singers & bands are WICKED....I take it, you have never been to a "grey-top" Boss (Bruce Springsteen) concert? I have. Been to 3 of the Boss' concerts in the last decade. Well worth the price. Don't know what decade you are stuck in, but I do know that your quoted price of $50/ticket is perhaps for a local unheard-of band thatI wouldn't waste my time/money on.

Just sayin.

Return to “Central Okanagan”