Idle no more!

SurplusElect
Übergod

Re: Idle no more!

Post by SurplusElect »

Roadster wrote:Really, who cares,,,? He made something of himself, his band and he gets my respect.

He is a racist.

Still "gets your respect"?
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Because I don't see him as a racist,,, yes,,, he is a hard working native trying to build his people a future, probably because he knows the funding might not be there forever.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Roadster wrote:Because I don't see him as a racist

You need to re-read his quotes.

I went to Hollywood to work and my parents asked how I was doing.

"I'm working with Jews, how do you think I'm doing?", I replied.

Replace Jew with Native and you have a quote from Mr. Louie.

Uncle Tom.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Oh well, in this day and age most successful people get all the hate, hard work is looked down upon, and encouraging others is "racist".
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Captain Awesome wrote:Oh well, in this day and age most successful people get all the hate, hard work is looked down upon, and encouraging others is "racist".

Nope.

Say racist things into microphones that racist white people enjoy - and you are a racist.

It's fun because he's Native so its ok to be racist!

He is slagging and insulting. He is not "encouraging".

He hasn't even mentioned the environment or the ramming of the Omnibus Bills (which is a large part of Idle No More). Just typical "lazy Indian" talk, re-directing the message behind Idle No More to be "give us free stuff" - a white persons perspective.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

rac⋅ism  /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
-noun

1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tend to disagree, that one can be racist towards his own race.

Now if you said he was being honest or judgemental towards others I'd have to agree with you.

Sometimes the truth hurts, and the remedy to that feeling is fix the problem or issue so it no longer apples to you.

If someone says you sit on your butt all day and hope someone feeds you or provides for you nad this truth offends you. Get a job and then that will no longer applies to you.

Maybe Chief Louis thought the smarter individuals might get this message, and will not just sit Idol and get productive.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

SurplusElect wrote:Say racist things into microphones that racist white people enjoy - and you are a racist.

Funny how my Native friends literally praise the guy for what he's done for Native community.

They must be racist too.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I have heard a few say the same, I think some will get the positive side of the message and some like SurplusElect will only see the negative part of it by reading only the dark side which was meant to kick some butt and get people motivated.

A good message will have some light and dark sides to get it's point across,,, you have to be able to see the point and make your move.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Back on topic please.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I've referred to the 1969 White Paper previously so I'll just say that if the proposals in that paper had been brought forward we wouldn't be talking about "Idle no More" but instead the Native people would be far better off than they are now. The proposal was to integrate Natives into Canadian society, with land claims paid by the federal government, and no more reserves. Prime Minister Trudeau and Indian Affairs Minister Chretien favoured the proposals but the Native leaders shot the proposals down claiming that if the reserves were eliminated it would be tantamount to "cultural genocide." As we know, the reserve system has worked well for many of the Native leaders but noy so well for many Natives. Pity that those recommendations weren't enacted. As a result we're here talking about "Idle no More" and lamenting the conditions on reserves.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

So if those on the reserves could look back at that and try to move on now themselves they would still get ahead today. Imagine if they had moved on then. They would know what their income is, some would likely have their own homes and families living in communities of many cultures and learning that life is not about a small spot of land up in the north and history. It's about so much more then that.
I lived in some cities as a kid, but usually on small air force stations and in lots of small towns due to my dads work and later mine,,, I had to get out of that life because I was tired of being posted in small towns hours away from the cities where a little IGA and a hick town bar was about the most excitement you could find unless you were a trail walker. So I have to wonder how these people can say they like it. Or is it that they don't realize there is much more outside those small communities. And yet it's not as if they move to a new place every few years like I did,,, they are born, raised and grow up there and then they have their own kids there and around and round it goes. I'd much rather make my own money so I could move until I found my favorite place which I did manage to finally find after being prit near all over Canada. Even tho those little hick towns were cool for a couple three years,,, you knew you would be moving and making new friends and seeing new scenery in 2 or 3 years so it wasn't all that bad. I still kinda like moving even tho I likely won't move far from here,,, just to get a new house some day. Howcome these people don't want to do that?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

try reposting without personal attacks - Jennylives
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

SurplusElect wrote:Say racist things into microphones that racist white people enjoy - and you are a racist.

Captain Awesome wrote:[
Funny how my Native friends literally praise the guy for what he's done for Native community.

They must be racist too.

Likewise. One of my native friends absolutely hates what the INM clowns are doing, saying "All they are doing is trying to bring the rest of us down to their level." She's a big fan of Clarence Louie, and by having him as inspiration, she's doing very well for herself off reserve without the piano of self-pity tied to her *bleep*.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Ken7 wrote: 3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

I tend to disagree, that one can be racist towards his own race.

"Indian Time" doesn't cut it.

Painting all Indians with laziness brush

Get off of welfare.

All Indians are on Welfare? That's what Idle no More is about? I thought it was about the Omnibus Bills and the gutting of protection for the environment. Oops - its about who paid for the Zamboni.

He pauses, seeming to gauge whether he dare, then does.
'People often say to me, How you doin'? Geez I'm working with Indians, what do you think?'

Of course, he doesn't mean "It's WONDERFUL working with Natives."

Notice he doesn't say "I'm working with LAZY people...". Nope. Indians.

This man is intolerant of natives. And yes, you can be a Uncle Tom. Hence the phrase. His white business partners need to feel safe that their investment wont be blockaded and this is exactly the type of language to get the job done. I'm not a "welfare bum like them"! Scream it loud, Chief!
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

So let's just put this to the test. See if my post gets removed for racist comments. I will say the exact same thing Chief Louie said, except about black people. Mod's please excuse me but this whole thread should have been pulled.

I hate working with Black people. Bunch of lazy bums. Get off their welfare and get a real job! "Cotton picking" time just doesn't cut it.

I don't really feel this way obviously. But clue in people. Everyone loves to hate on the natives and this guy just gives you license to do it. Mods - IS THIS RACIST?

Return to “Canada”