Shame on Castanet for posting this..

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
tweedy
Fledgling

Shame on Castanet for posting this..

Post by tweedy »

There is nothing funny about the 'offbeat' posted today, it's sad and disturbing.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Re: Shame on Castanet for posting this..

Post by coffeeFreak »

tweedy wrote:There is nothing funny about the 'offbeat' posted today, it's sad and disturbing.

Here's the link: http://www.castanet.net/news/Offbeat/86521/Fat-Beats

I must admit it is in poor taste, but I've known too many beer drinking big guys who would think this is hilarious...I suspect the idea for posting this on Castanet suggests the author hasn't matured much past the adolescent stage of human development. It seems the next stage to this type of post would be to watch someone belch and/or fart (or shall I say flatulate) a song...

If he offends you send him an email tweedy. Here's his bio and contact info.

About the Author

You got BEEF? Balsy does!
Rob Balsdon is a local stand-up comedian that has a beef with almost everything.
As a comedian Rob has shared the stage with some of the biggest names in Canadian comedy including “The Harley Guy” Herb Dixon, Gerry Dee (Mr. D) and Brent Butt (Corner Gas). Recently Rob was lucky enough to work with one of his idols when he opened for film star and SNL alumni Norm MacDonald!
Rob is here to rant about all the little things that get on his nerves.
Email your rants or ideas to [email protected]
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

tweedy wrote:There is nothing funny about the 'offbeat' posted today, it's sad and disturbing.

Why do you find it sad and disturbing? What am I missing?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
zyzzx
Fledgling

Post by zyzzx »

I found it really funny, then again, I am not fat and can appreciate good humor. Aparently there are some that are, and can't.

What ever.. way to go Castanet!
Doing drugs supports crime. Are you happy that you support crime? Just think how much society would save if you didn't support the criminals that are producing drugs. Medicinal? Good on you! That is why the Doctor gave you a prescription.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

What's the big (no pun intended) deal? It's no different than black people poking fun at themselves, or any other group poking fun at themselves. The fat guy is in on it, and he isn't being a doofus or anything, he's being a damn drum, is all.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

I don't think it's funny either. I think it's art, in this case musical.

If that video offends you, I strongly recommend you do NOT watch any videos of John Pinette. Nay, nay.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

Jo wrote:What's the big (no pun intended) deal? It's no different than black people poking fun at themselves, or any other group poking fun at themselves. The fat guy is in on it, and he isn't being a doofus or anything, he's being a damn drum, is all.

I agree. He is a willing participant and the center of attention. Judging from the redness of his skin at the beginning of the video, there was practice/or mistakes before they got a video ready "take". He is the STAR in this video. I feel more sorry for those suffer unanticipated pain/degradation without prior knowledge of the outcome, that have made TV shows like AFV famous.
I feel more sorry for those drunk girls that puke on the sidewalk, face-plant into the curb, and end up with their skirts up over their heads.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

I think all he can be hung for there is bad taste. Found it extremely boring, would never have gone there if it wasnt on here.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Nebula wrote:I don't think it's funny either. I think it's art, in this case musical.

If that video offends you, I strongly recommend you do NOT watch any videos of John Pinette. Nay, nay.

Not sure I'd call that "art" but it was kinda funny in a slap-happy way :D

Now, John Pinette - he's funny!!! Makes me laugh all the time.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

It did make me feel uncomfortable but also better about how i waste my time.i dont think ill put ,playin drums on chubby guy, on my bucket list.
Peace be with you.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I thought it was funny, and showed a lot of imagination and talent. Maybe that's because I'm packing a few extra pounds but am totally okay with it (I know I could lose it, it's just a matter of discipline) and have always counted the ability to laugh at myself in the "plus" column.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

It would make a great Jenny Craig Add. :dyinglaughing:
Black Dogs Matter
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Fat Dude doesn't have an issue with his weight.
Why the hell should anyone else?
Control freaks.

It made me smile because it looked fun.
Fun to play a fat guy like a drum.
Fun to be the fat guy being played like a drum.
Fun to be the audience watching a fat guy get played like a drum.

Pa-rum-pa-pum-pum
SLAP!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Its funny how we have been comfortable with big dudes .What it it was a big lady ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0q6Hb4cme8
Peace be with you.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

kibbs wrote:Its funny how we have been comfortable with big dudes .What it it was a big lady ?

More drums?
The guys "playing" her would likely do an extended version.
After the shoot, the guys would go to jail for physical abuse.
Hmmm...s'bout it.

Return to “Social Concerns”