W. Kel. Future Shop Closing!

French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Re: W. Kel. Future Shop Closing!

Post by French Castanut »

I had respect for FS & BB & was a regular shopper in those stores: in store & online. But the way they uncivilizly closed their stores today, they lost my respect and in such, I will start shopping elsewhere.

The way they did close the stores, in 2013, is UNNACEPTABLE and barbarous, and it shows how much respect they have for their employees, without whom they wouldn't be selling so much stuff and make so much money.

Shame on them!
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

They get severance. No different if they were brought into an office and told you are fired bye bye.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:They get severance. No different if they were brought into an office and told you are fired bye bye.

http://www.labour.gov.bc.ca/esb/facshts/termination.htm
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

French,

Yes, they were making so much money, they had to close down the store!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

WOW
WAY MORE TOO THIS STORY ,then most of you people will ever know for sure,this is not about future shop closing because of poor sales . hope the real truth comes out for you people soon
too be continued
crazy for sure
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

the truth wrote:WOW
WAY MORE TOO THIS STORY ,then most of you people will ever know for sure,this is not about future shop closing because of poor sales. hope the real truth comes out for you people soon
too be continued
crazy for sure

True, maybe poor sales are not the only reason the close, but if they were swimming in money like it was going out of style, I would bet they still would be open.
morghoul

Post by morghoul »

The company as a whole may have been struggling, but this particular location certainly didn't struggle.
Rest in peace to the best job I've ever had! Glad I got out when I did!
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

Zellers VS Future Shop...

I'd be surprised the 1st would be making any money. Have you been there lateley? Even on Dec 24 the frigging store was empty.

Yet, the 1st one didn't close without ANY warning.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

Everybody wants everything at rock bottom sale prices, but then when the store closes they looked puzzled. You can't turn on the lights everyday selling $499 50" TV's...
hytech

Post by hytech »

Well I'm just glad there is still a Andres Electronics in West Kelowna
As they always have great customer service. And they are a local company.
When you spend your money there it stays local!
kay-c
Board Meister

Post by kay-c »

Wow , some very good points. FutureShop HQ could care less about Westbank , westkelowna or Wfn and why should they ? They are forced to close this location on the map regardless how well who thought of what. WFN would not have pulled the trigger to build the place if future shop hadnt commited to lease. That part of the math was purely FSHQ itself . Not the chief , findlater, or the pope. Judging by the way this was sprung , seems to me best buy is in major damage control as a company. Otherwise they would be having going out of business sales for the next ten years like every other electronics store that ordered too much crap or some kinda mixup at the dock or the boss says it must go but ONLY TIL THIS SUNDAY! ya right
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

LOL. Yeah reminds me of Visions and how many times I've seen some sort of closing sale there. I think they've been closing since 1989. :D
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Boxing week is extended until.........................further notice? I actually still see boxing week signs up in some places.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
kay-c
Board Meister

Post by kay-c »

Too bad future shop had to kill off the little store I'm town first,( Good Guys.) maybe they will make a triumphant return.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

kay-c wrote:Too bad future shop had to kill off the little store I'm town first,( Good Guys.) maybe they will make a triumphant return.
I'm sorry, but the little guys do it to themselves more times then not. Specialty audio stores needed to change their marketing and target audience about 10 years ago if they were to survive. Most didn't including the one you mentioned.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.

Return to “Central Okanagan”