An alternative to dental treatments of cavities

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
50-ish

An alternative to dental treatments of cavities

Post by 50-ish »

stumbled upon this video on you tube. thought it might interest some.

just don't drink colloidal silver excessively. you'll turn blue.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: an alternative to dental treatments of cavities

Post by Roadster »

That's absolutely hilarious, love it when she finds her teeth missing,,,

I think you can buy the silver, would be much easier then what they are doing

Anyway I am all about the oil pulling and chewing gum with Zylitol, Spry is easy to get locally, it seems a bit more expensive then regular gum (when bought in smaller packs, the big container is 100 pieces for around 8 bucks, not bad) but for health I would not be concerned. Zylitol is a natural sugar that comes from wood and corn cobs. It doesn't taste any different from all the other gums you can by but there is no sugar or chemical sugars in it. Supposedly the effect of Zylitol is to help clean the body as well as help the teeth so you can buy it in sugar packets as well. Also you can get it in a tooth paste.
I have a tooth that was bugging me too and it isn't anymore, sensitiveness is gone and even my gums feel stronger... So try these many options and let us know what works for you. But like she said,,, don't come crying if yer teeth fall out :dyinglaughing:
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Bwahahaha.

I prefer to get medical advice from a more reputable source.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colloi ... er/AN01682
Last edited by gardengirl on Jan 29th, 2013, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Yes, the Mayo clinic is a good place as well, never leave your doctor behind, just don't forget to help yourself if you can.
I read from both sides of the system, medical and natural and have gotten some really great info off of the Mayo clinic site as well as WebMD but I don't stop there,,, educate for yourself as well, we can all be a scientist for our selves if we want to.

I was truly not a believer in natural meds till someone told me about something that would cure my issue (he claimed) a long time ago. I didn't believe him till he said I have nothing to sell so you'd have to get it at a natural health store but he also said I will buy it from you if it don't work... Cured my issue in weeks where my doctor only offered pain meds to mask it. So if you find you are sick of pain meds there may be another way.

Really, open your mind and allow yourself some options. You deserve that.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Educate yourself indeed. I would recommend that anyone watching this video also familiarize themselves with tooth anatomy.
You can grow back bone, but you cannot grow enamel.
As far as absence of pain goes, that does not indicate healing. That is the reason that many people allow their teeth to deteriorate, they don't feel anything. The problem is, once you are feeling sensitivity or pain, you may have very serious decay.
On the other hand, you might just have some root senstivity due to recession of the gums which exposes the softer cementum which is the outer layer of the root.

This wiki post actually has a very good explanation of anatomy, although it might be a bit technical for some to understand.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tooth_enamel
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

You cant grow back enamel but it's been proven you can rebuild on your teeth some and caring for them in between dental visits helps. Saliva makes them healthy and in my opinion chewing sugarless gum would help with that so my theory is a better sugarless gum as in one not being a chemical would help, that's where I like the possibilities that Zylitol offers. If a chunk of tooth is missing you won't get it back but you can keep the teeth from rotting while between visits and definitely lessen or nix pain.
Ask any dentist and he will tell you that mentally disabled people tend to have less cavities,,, one because they probably crave sugar less then we do and two because they usually have more mouth action then other people meaning saliva is moving much more then even gum chewers.
I don't know much about her Collidial silver thing because I have only read about it's health benefits to the body but not as cleaner and health product for teeth. I don't use it either because I have other things I feel I know more about for my own better uses and health and may explore the Collidial silver option later.
My point to you is Bahwahaha,,, don't knock it all till you tried some of it. Many Pharma drugs are even from natures path but are so chemically drawn and added to that they only allow a small percentage of the actual natural product to be used by the body while the chemical portion of the drug is actually attacking our bodies in another way or two. Many drugs are hard on our livers even tho they can mask or slow the progression of most diseases. It's a give and take where natural products can nix a bad bug in your gut and leave the good ones alive,,,(but usually in a less aggressive way) not an antibiotic,, but antibiotics might be needed for an aggressive attack on the bad stuff,,, even Pharma agrees now you should take a probiotic with their stuff,,, what? Natural stuff blending in with the use of pharma drugs? Hahaha, you will see more as time goes by and studies prove natural stuff is effective. Because natural stuff can grow in our back yards and on open fields the Pharma side doesn't want to pay into studies but more and more natural groups are doing it and finding nice results,,, they will also say when things don't look so promising too.
50-ish

Post by 50-ish »

thank you both for sharing your interests and experiences.

i found another video about colloidal silver, but i would suggest looking at the comments underneath it on the you tube site since it offers a lot more information as well, both for and against:
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Roadster wrote:You cant grow back enamel but it's been proven you can rebuild on your teeth some and caring for them in between dental visits helps. Saliva makes them healthy and in my opinion chewing sugarless gum would help with that so my theory is a better sugarless gum as in one not being a chemical would help, that's where I like the possibilities that Zylitol offers. If a chunk of tooth is missing you won't get it back but you can keep the teeth from rotting while between visits and definitely lessen or nix pain.
Ask any dentist and he will tell you that mentally disabled people tend to have less cavities,,, one because they probably crave sugar less then we do and two because they usually have more mouth action then other people meaning saliva is moving much more then even gum chewers.
I don't know much about her Collidial silver thing because I have only read about it's health benefits to the body but not as cleaner and health product for teeth. I don't use it either because I have other things I feel I know more about for my own better uses and health and may explore the Collidial silver option later.
My point to you is Bahwahaha,,, don't knock it all till you tried some of it. Many Pharma drugs are even from natures path but are so chemically drawn and added to that they only allow a small percentage of the actual natural product to be used by the body while the chemical portion of the drug is actually attacking our bodies in another way or two. Many drugs are hard on our livers even tho they can mask or slow the progression of most diseases. It's a give and take where natural products can nix a bad bug in your gut and leave the good ones alive,,,(but usually in a less aggressive way) not an antibiotic,, but antibiotics might be needed for an aggressive attack on the bad stuff,,, even Pharma agrees now you should take a probiotic with their stuff,,, what? Natural stuff blending in with the use of pharma drugs? Hahaha, you will see more as time goes by and studies prove natural stuff is effective. Because natural stuff can grow in our back yards and on open fields the Pharma side doesn't want to pay into studies but more and more natural groups are doing it and finding nice results,,, they will also say when things don't look so promising too.

Oh I have no problem with alternative therapies and natural options. I know there are many things which do indeed work. Unfortunately, there are far more flaky, fake, dangerous products and hucksters out there that prey on desperate and naive people and only serve to prevent or delay them from getting appropriate medical treatment while happily relieving them of their cash.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

This is where people have to hear something that interests them and read up on it, from trustworthy sites and even ask their natural doctors or who ever they can before trying something, unless of course it's about eating good food as the first video also suggested, good food can't hurt us. Mind you she does suggest her way over a dentist in a way and we all know we still need to see them but she might have a point as well in her video. It is time we took care of what's ours to take care of as well as just relying on the medical system to fix everything, often their fix is a masking of the issue. Ripping a tooth out might not be the only fix, that's work (money) for the dentist down the road when you start letting them go, while working to keep them healthy might be a way to go and save them.
This is a great thread for people to tell their experiences and add tips as well rather then just give it a bahwahahaha and wash it away as if there is no other way to help ourselves. Once I got past my non believing I have discovered many things we can do to help ourselves and rebuild on our injuries we have caused ourselves over the years. The food market is careless, they use stuff we shouldn't have in our bodies that destroys us and we have to fight it in little bits where we can.
So I agree the title shouldn't say "an alternative to dental treatments", these things are actually complimentary options,,, they go along with check ups and any necessary treatments and might even avoid the need for some treatments if used properly.
zerograv
Banned

Re: An alternative to dental treatments of cavities

Post by zerograv »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_oxide_eugenol

here is a great "alternative." everything can be bought for about ten bucks online. Been around since the 1890's.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

zerograv wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_oxide_eugenol

here is a great "alternative." everything can be bought for about ten bucks online. Been around since the 1890's.

True, but it is not a permanent restoration. It is a paste type material used more as a "wound dressing". With large cavities, the bulk of the soft decay is removed and zoe is placed as a temporary restoration. It provides coverage and some antiseptic and anaesthetic properties to attempt stop irritation of the nerve. If this can be accomplished, and the sensitivity improves, the temporary is removed, the tooth preparation completed (removal of decay and shaping of the cavity walls and floor), and the permanent restoration placed.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I saw this in FB feed tonight:

My pediatric dentist told me that my kids needed 7 crowns ASAP. I pulled their files, went to another pediatric dentist and come to find out none of them even have cavities. I can't believe how some of these dentist will take advantage of people! Be careful with who you trust! Poor Gabrielle had to be the guinea pig through it all :(
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tazmandew
Fledgling

Post by tazmandew »

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

When children get cavities, they get the fillings for a lifetime. That's why
some of the crap in grocery stores that promotes cavities should never be given to children.
if you're old - eat all you want, but don't give it to kids. It's cruel to allow kids to get cavities, before
they're old enough to make decisions on what they eat.

Kids should be taught the difference between nutritious food and crap.

For example, the phosphoric acid in coca cola will not only destroy tooth enamel, but
harm the stomach lining, and the sugar in cocal cola will cause cavities. So, coke = crap.

Kids should be taught to eat salads, so their diet will be less acidic. Salads = good.

All fruits and vegetables = good. And food should be whole, natural and pure. If it has had
80% of the nutrition removed, as in white flour, it's crap. A big piece of white flour bread, like
you get in a pizza, = crap. The vegetables on top of the pizza = good.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I think people need to educate themselves. I have seen many well-meaning, "natural food" types who know virtually nothing about basic nutrition. I have seen parents swear up and down that it is impossible for their children to have cavities as they have never eaten sugar.

Upon inquiry, they shared that their children eat things like this:
Milk
Yogurt
Fruit leather
Raisins
Fresh juice
Fresh fruit
bread
crackers
corn
potatoes

All these things are fine, but they all contain or are largely carbohydrates. Translation: sugar.

Return to “Health”