Broken Femur

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
mystergee

Broken Femur

Post by mystergee »

Hey girls and guys. Long story short, broke my left femur in about 8 different places last Thursday. Had surgery that night and a rod was installed. Just got home yesterday. Any suggestions for recovering? I'm doing leg and breathing excercises. I can't stand up without almost passing out. It's a BAD break. Maybe you or someone you know haas suffered this?
mountainmama
Fledgling

Re: Broken Femur

Post by mountainmama »

So sorry , must be miserable. You must have got all of your recovery info before you left the hospital. If not, call the hospital and the ward you were on. If they don't have it, call the surgeon. With that type of surgery, you are sent home with a bunch of papers telling you what you can't and must do. You should also have a home nurse visit you and eventually a home physiotherapist. Someone must be looking after you, so get them to do this. Meanwhile watch what you do physically so that you don't do any more permanent damage. good luck
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Ouch. What mountainmama said, and here’s this for interest (when ready and able) ...

http://www.articlesbase.com/womens-heal ... QgodPGAAEw
mystergee

Post by mystergee »

Thanks for the help everyone. It is quite the break, but things are starting to improve :)

Return to “Health”