Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by dirtybiker »

Always Sunny wrote:To the two men involved in what looked to be a very minor fender-bender at Harvey and Dilworth around 2:00pm today. You guys are idiots.

Unless both vehicles were rendered absolutely undriveable, there was no reason to leave them in the middle of the intersection while you two chatted and exchanged information. Bringing traffic to a complete stop in two of the four directions are one of the busiest intersections in town is simply asking for more accidents.

It is the only way to force the police to show up.
If you leave the sceen to echange info you lose an unbiased account(RCMP) and you
also lose your ability to "trap" any witnesses to the collision.(everyone will drive/walk away)
Try takeing that to ICBC, no police report, no witnesses.
One word against the other...50/50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My take!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Thanks for that DB, always great to hear an awesome tip like this cos some may not know this or think of it when the time comes and it will be helpful to someone some day I am sure.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

HWY 97 north, 3 lanes by Wal-mart.
A very lite dusting of snow on the rd(like 1/2cm)
Someone drove exactly in the middle of 2 of the lanes creating tire marks for all to follow.
You could actually see the painted lines between the lanes the snow was so thin.
Multi cars drove right down the same tracks using 2 lanes like they had no idea there were 2 lanes there.
What scares me about this is. Are these drivers so incompetent and unaware of the obvious, scared of the snow, unsure of there abilities etc, etc.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

haha It always makes me laugh, how people just blindly follow other tire tracks when there's snow on the road. I could probably lay down tracks that lead straight off a cliff & almost everyone would follow.

:dyinglaughing:
Your bias suits you.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Woodenhead wrote:I could probably lay down tracks that lead straight off a cliff & almost everyone would follow.

:dyinglaughing:

Yes but you'd be the first idiot going over :dyinglaughing:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

:coffeecanuck: I don't know why I couldn't see that one coming...
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

To the person in the van at Costco this afternoon waiting for the handicapped parking space I was waiting for. When you pull up and see someone with their blinker on waiting for a spot, don't put your handicapped pass on your visor and sit there waiting for it too. Like I don't have one and you should let me have the spot. She waited with me 4 or 5 minutes. The people finally pulled out and I parked and put my handicapped pass up.

I hate to think you're that dumb but really.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

dirtybiker wrote:It is the only way to force the police to show up.
If you leave the sceen to echange info you lose an unbiased account(RCMP) and you
also lose your ability to "trap" any witnesses to the collision.(everyone will drive/walk away)
Try takeing that to ICBC, no police report, no witnesses.
One word against the other...50/50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My take!

Yeah, well speak to a cop then. It's been said on here before. Unless there are injuries or the vehicles are undriveable the proper thing to do is move them to a safe location.

Accidents that minor going through ICBC? You must love giving your money away.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Fancy wrote::coffeecanuck: I don't know why I couldn't see that one coming...

I guess you were following my tracks, then! haha I'd have been disappointed if someone didn't step thru my open door there.

(I'd just go up to the edge then reverse back out in my own tracks - only an idiot would drive over the edge!)

OT: Had a good laugh at the idiot who, despite only going 25 km/h, kept weaving all over the place, barely keeping from driving up on the sidewalk, all the way down Baron. I'm not even sure if the phone glued to your ear is enough of an excuse for that.
Your bias suits you.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Always Sunny wrote:Yeah, well speak to a cop then. It's been said on here before. Unless there are injuries or the vehicles are undriveable the proper thing to do is move them to a safe location.

Accidents that minor going through ICBC? You must love giving your money away.

The RCMP may prefer not to attend a minor accident to write a report but,
I prefer them to attend so as to have a professionally written report.

How is it that I'm giving my money away when the RCMP's report states it as the other persons fault,
thus the other persons insurance pays my deductible.

Even a minor fender bender needs repair.
Unless you prefer to drive a devalued POS!!

Years ago I (idiot #2) was sideswiped on HWY 97. I (idiot #2) wish I (idiot#2) would've blocked the road instead of pulling to the side.
I (idiot #2) would have had 20 or more witnesses instead of NONE!!
I (idiot #2) would've also had a Police Report.
ICBC said 50/50, like they like to do,

When someone (idiot #1) sideswipes another vehicle (idiot #2's) while passing by changeing back to
the right lane from the left before the pass is complete, How is this in
any way the sideswipees' (idiot #2's) fault??
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Does anyone else read this thread looking for someone to describe what they did today? Lets face it, none of us our perfect drivers.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hmmm wrote:Does anyone else read this thread looking for someone to describe what they did today? Lets face it, none of us our perfect drivers.

If those who are being pointed out on this thread read about themselves, I doubt they would say anything.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I agree, none of us are perfect but this thread show some real Knuckle heads... None of these posts even include a mistake, if you read em all they are about people hogging lanes, being jerks and doing things that could get them or others killed.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Roadster wrote:I agree, none of us are perfect but this thread show some real Knuckle heads... None of these posts even include a mistake, if you read em all they are about people hogging lanes, being jerks and doing things that could get them or others killed.

Yes it does, but sometimes its our own perception of reality. I don't think I pull the kind of crap I see or read about here, but some people might perceive I do. hope not.

One thing I've done is at 97 and Finns rd I believe, trying to turn left onto 97, I have had people wait endlessly for both sides of the hwy to be clear before going. There is a place to wait in the middle of the hwy there and no need for both sides to be clear.

On at least one occasion, after waiting too long, I went around the car in front of me and demonstrated where to wait, they obviously did not know or were to scared to go.

Some might just write me up on this thread for that.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Hmmm wrote:
Some might just write me up on this thread for that.

Not me,IMO that is the proper way to do it.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”