deleted

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
zzontar
Guru

Re: Responding to open racism

Post by zzontar »

Well Graham, you have lots of opportunity to state why you think I'm racist or incorrect, but as usual you figure just calling me a racist makes me one. I notice that you don't comment when there's a post by any native who suggests natives should get their act together which leads me to believe you are the racist one. I just mentioned how on the average I don't think my race is as good at some things as other races... I guess this makes me racist against myself? I have friends of many different races and cultures and grew up with a more diverse group than most, so pulling the racist card is laughable.

One of the reasons natives are in such a mess is people including the government are too scared and have been so brainwashed into thinking you can't say anything negative about how natives run their affairs that decades of mismanagement have gone unchecked. Even now when the government starts looking into the many missing millions there are natives who get their backs up with the "how dare you accuse US of doing any wrong," like giving a teen money to buy things for school and when you see they don't have those things and you confront them they have a big fit. Not acknowledging there's a problem will never fix the problem.

Now I've asked this many times and it seems I just can't get an answer so maybe you can man up. Would you rather have had that the land wasn't "stolen" and instead everyone here just emigrated here so things would be more or less the same except natives would get nothing more than any other Canadian?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Now I've asked this many times and it seems I just can't get an answer so maybe you can man up. Would you rather have had that the land wasn't "stolen" and instead everyone here just emigrated here so things would be more or less the same except natives would get nothing more than any other Canadian?

Either you don't read responses or you are not satisfied with the answers .I said this before .Natives wanted to share the land fairly from the start it was us ,the European settlers that had other ideas .
Peace be with you.
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

kibbs wrote:[quot.I said this before .Natives wanted to share the land fairly from the start it was us ,the European settlers that had other ideas .

What movie was that in?
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

kibbs wrote:Either you don't read responses or you are not satisfied with the answers .I said this before .Natives wanted to share the land fairly from the start it was us ,the European settlers that had other ideas .

Perhaps the rest of Canadians should do the same. When someone wants to immigrate here we should let them as long as they give us land to live on separately from them, give us money, and give us housing. Sounds like sharing to me!
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

People are calling this commercial racist , do you consider it racist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H0xPWAtaa8
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

ixler8 wrote:People are calling this commercial racist , do you consider it racist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H0xPWAtaa8

To me it portrays Jamaicans as being happier and more positive than the rest, it wouldn't surprise me if they were but I'm sure there will be many who will think that's an insult.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

People are calling this commercial racist , do you consider it racist?

No .I think it shows Jamaicans in a positive light using common colloquial sayings . Imitation is the best form of flattery.
Peace be with you.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

kibbs wrote:No .I think it shows Jamaicans in a positive light using common colloquial sayings . Imitation is the best form of flattery.

Funny thing is I'm sure that those who think it's racist think it's racist against Jamaicans, yet to insinuate Jamaicans are more positive would have to mean you're insinuating that other races are less positive... ooooooh the horror!
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

kibbs wrote:No .I think it shows Jamaicans in a positive light using common colloquial sayings . Imitation is the best form of flattery.

Ya man! Dey smoke only good ganga, man. Yu be happy too.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

zzontar wrote:As 80% of NBA players are black, is it also logical to assume blacks are better at basketball?

Hell, they even made a movie about it.

"White men can't jump"

Clearly a racist movie!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Clearly a racist movie!

It was an attempt to show that cultural differences lie deeper than colour or sport .It is in your heart. It sucked you could see conflict in the making of the movie showing racial conflict is only truly waning in the minds of a few and needs to be stood up to daily.Do Good. To do nothing is Evil .Racism is bad mkay.
Peace be with you.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Hell, they even made a movie about it.

"White men can't jump"

Clearly a racist movie!

Funny thing is, there was no uproar about the title and I've never met a white guy that would disagree with or be insulted by hearing that on the average, blacks are better at basketball. It's amazing that people from other races who claim to be so anti-racist didn't protest against the title, I guess they must only be against people who say something against their race.... like usual.
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

So 98% of the NBA owners are white , what does that mean ?
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

ixler8 wrote:So 98% of the NBA owners are white , what does that mean ?

Maybe black are better at playing for a team than owning one?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/telander ... n-the.html
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

ixler8 wrote:So 98% of the NBA owners are white , what does that mean ?

That white people are good at making money off black athletes who are good at basketball?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “Social Concerns”