New store: what would you choose?

fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: NEW STORE, what would you choose?

Post by fall »

A liqiudation store that buys all the local stores that close down or dont survives product and re sell it at discount prices!
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

fall wrote:A liqiudation store that buys all the local stores that close down or dont survives product and re sell it at discount prices!

NOW, that idea has some reasonable opportunity to succeed. :hailjo: :rate10:
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

Is there any liquidation store that has enough money to buy the stock of all the West Kelowna stores that are closing? Carlos Slim couldn't write that big a cheque! :dyinglaughing:
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
Lucy Lastics

Post by Lucy Lastics »

I see the In n Out Home & Garden store has relocated beside the Ultimate Hockey store. I think this will be a better location and wish them much success.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

a card shop like quantum cards .gives kids a place to hang.
Peace be with you.
melscarandtruckrental
Fledgling

Post by melscarandtruckrental »

mega flea market, new and used bargains :nyah:
Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your an idiot than open it and confirm it !!!
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

We don't need any more stores what we need is people to use the ones we have otherwise we won't have any left soon.
That said it does seem that someone or lots of someones got it very wrong when they decided it would be a good idea to build, build, build and hope that the small community of Westbank/West Kelowna would grow enough to make sense of so many stores.

Still we see huge areas of land for sale or lease ready for more commercial or retail development. Who do they think they are kidding?
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

melscarandtruckrental wrote:mega flea market, new and used bargains :nyah:

Oh sure, steal my idea :127:
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

dodgerdodge wrote:We don't need any more stores what we need is people to use the ones we have otherwise we won't have any left soon.
That said it does seem that someone or lots of someones got it very wrong when they decided it would be a good idea to build, build, build and hope that the small community of Westbank/West Kelowna would grow enough to make sense of so many stores.

Still we see huge areas of land for sale or lease ready for more commercial or retail development. Who do they think they are kidding?

How about the West Kelowna Retail Museum? People would come from all over the world to see the relics of Future Shop, Zellers, Little Caesar's, Good Guys, Japengo, Intellibed, Papa Murphy... :spinball:

Actually I agree with you fully. Continuing to pave over West Kelowna when the commercial vacancy rate is approaching Detroit levels is nothing short of madness. Don't these developers drive through the area before dumping a few million dollars in more bricks and mortar that will likely stay empty for years if not forever?
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
Libtech

Post by Libtech »

Still miss the waterslides that we had here and in Kelowna and Penticton. They always seemed to be very busy. Guess land lease was to high resulted in high rent for the business owner.
Also a retro drive-in would be awsome. But that falls under high lease rates also.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

It's not the lease rates on the waterslides - it's the insurance. Ever since 9-11, it's stupid expensive.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Tony wrote:It's not the lease rates on the waterslides - it's the insurance. Ever since 9-11, it's stupid expensive.

I have heard this too. Apparently the insurance companies misunderstood, thanks to auto correct, they raised the rates when they read that the waterslides were attracting many "terrorists" to the area. :dyinglaughing:
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I like the retro drive in idea.. On the Bluffs?
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
sassybee
Board Meister

Re: New store: what would you choose?

Post by sassybee »

Drive In on the Bluffs would be great!
Libtech

Post by Libtech »

ginnjuice wrote:Sportcheck, sportmart, some kind of sports store is what were missing...

We do have a great hockey shop, a few awesome bike shops and snowboard shop on this side. With Sport Mart closing in Kelowna I doubt they would open a Sport Chek or Sport Mart here.
I would hate to see Sport Chek come here as they would kill the small independant stores we already have.
Just my thoughts.

Return to “Central Okanagan”