An alternative to dental treatments of cavities

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: An alternative to dental treatments of cavities

Post by Roadster »

That's why brushing after and chewing xylitol gum after that might help. Or some other methods of cleaning the mouth after food has been consumed. Bacteria is caused by sugars, it is increased with time and moisture. Actually chewing any sugarless gum will help because the saliva is being activated increasing mineralization and even digestion, problem with most sugarless gums is they too can be damaging to the teeth and health.
My bet is a real good long swishing of water and spit at the very least may even help some if you were having lunch during work and couldn't brush. It's the fact that these sugars get to stay in the mouth for a long period of time and they get to cause damage before people can brush and get rid of the bad stuff.
So chewing a gum or swishing after a meal may cover the issue with the teeth to get rid of carbs in the mouth and then there is the fact that carbs also hurt the body,,, that's not just white sugar but all white products so lessening them in the diet might also help over all.
People really have to understand what the causes are,,, carbs, time, moisture,,,,, that all put together is why,,, Do you wake up with a gross mouth in the am,,, wonder why when you know you brushed before bed? Something left in there,,,? The length of time your mouth has had no action,,,? I brush and chew a piece of xylitol gum after,,, then go to bed,,, seems to be helping or maybe some of the other things I am doing,,,
You can read about trials done in Finland and other countries where normally as here, natural products are not studied unless it's of benefit to the governments,,, these countries cover dental costs till age 18 where they needed to do these studies to save money because kids eat more candy usually then adults and they found some promising results.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

i wouldn't chew gum.

i would get into the habit of eating green vegetables often
or eat a pice of celery or carrot after a meal. that'll clean your teeth
just like the gum, and it is alkaline which is good.

chewing without swallowing is not natural in my opinion.

more vegetables. less bread, crackers cookies, and gooey sweet stuff.

and worst of all
it should be a criminal offense to give children breakfast cereal with 50% sugar
because that's candy, not cereal.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

This thread appears to be more about preventing cavities than treatments for.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Thinktank wrote:i wouldn't chew gum.

i would get into the habit of eating green vegetables often
or eat a pice of celery or carrot after a meal. that'll clean your teeth
just like the gum, and it is alkaline which is good.

chewing without swallowing is not natural in my opinion.

more vegetables. less bread, crackers cookies, and gooey sweet stuff.

and worst of all
it should be a criminal offense to give children breakfast cereal with 50% sugar
because that's candy, not cereal.

Are you saying you don't swallow anything when you chew gum? Where does all the saliva go when it builds up?

The point of chewing even when eating is to create and use saliva, and break down foods as a pre digestive action of course. It's an enzyme for your teeth and your gut.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

humans were meant to chew when they swallow food.

chewing and swallowing saliva - I wouldn't do it even if someone paid me.
I chewed gum as a kid and I hate it.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Thinktank wrote:humans were meant to chew when they swallow food.

chewing and swallowing saliva - I wouldn't do it even if someone paid me.
I chewed gum as a kid and I hate it.

Weird,,, but each to his own...

Humans were meant to chew their food so many times and then swallow,,, some people don't chew as much as we should, be it because we are rushed now,,, half hour lunches,,, things to do, and chewing gum after a meal can provide the enzymes needed but not always produced during the meal so if you were to swallow some by accident chewing gum it won't hurt you,,, it may actually help you since we do need it as a part of our digestive procedures. Anyway,,, carry on,,,,,

Return to “Health”