OKM school

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: OKM school

Post by Fancy »

netfreak wrote:OKM was pretty boring. If the new KSS had been around when I was in high school I probably would have been more interested in actually attending school, though due to location I probably wouldn't have gotten in. I started high school in Vancouver in a brand new building with some pretty nice facilities but had to move shortly after.

Why would you be more interested in KSS? I've been in brand spanking new facilities (actually a lot come to think of it), and it's the people that make it interesting - not the buildings itself.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Wait..... I thought OKM students were all stuck up rich spoiled brats? Now I'm confused about what the issue is...now they're not rich enough ??

i never said they were rich and spoiled i said they were the kids kss doesn't want,Its not just a new building all the programs are superior ,compare kss drama to okm.Ive had kids in both.good luck getting into kss.
Peace be with you.
netfreak
Übergod

Post by netfreak »

Fancy wrote:Why would you be more interested in KSS? I've been in brand spanking new facilities (actually a lot come to think of it), and it's the people that make it interesting - not the buildings itself.

There was nothing fun about it, which is probably why I skipped a lot of school :). My interests were in the science and technology field, and OKM featured 20 year old computers and science classes taught by gym teachers.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

I am assuming you went to okm a long time ago. I know that okm has produced some top tier science students.

Either that or I would have to give those students credit for rising above the conditions you describe and applied themselves while you chose not to.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

When my kid first went okm he was in a designated in a behavior category.They receive extra funding for this .Even though i have mellowed my kid and he is doing well they still keep him in the category to get extra funding .I believe it was this category that kept him out of kss despite being in their catchment.Since mentioning this their persistence to keep him in okm has waned.all the teachers and counseller at okm have worked well with me .My son has made little for fiends and finds many kids troubled,or just nasty.The bullying is still there just more subtle.I noticed a big dif when i moved my kid from rutland to klo. Not all schools are the same.
Peace be with you.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

I think the problem comes from the $399,000 houses that are being built in Kettle Valley. These affordable prices are attracting people from lower class areas of town. This in turn brings their half wit kids who know nothing different than partying on Hein rd. If we keep the prices high than the problems will stay where they belong.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Heheheheheh, welcome BoB..

:dyinglaughing:Always the voice of reason..
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

kibbs wrote:Its in the mission where many wealthy live but according to my kid not so many go.My feeling is it is where KSS now sends there problems and any one with money puts there kids in private school now.

Not true, anyone kicked out of the public system ie KSS and OKM tends to end up at the private schools, mostly at Immaculata. Which is why I always laugh at parents who bash the public system and think they're above everyone because they send their kid to a private school :dyinglaughing:
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

If we keep the prices high than the problems will stay where they belong.

We must keep our property values high to keep out the riff raff lovey.Wow i cant believe my eyes .I think this is the attitude yeti was hating in the OP.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Not true, anyone kicked out of the public system ie KSS and OKM tends to end up at the private schools, mostly at Immaculata. Which is why I always laugh at parents who bash the public system and think they're above everyone because they send their kid to a private schoo

my kid rides on the bus with a girl who was chucked from kss.
Peace be with you.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

They should build more affordable housing on the westside where half the problems originated.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

kibbs wrote:When my kid first went okm he was in a designated in a behavior category.They receive extra funding for this .Even though i have mellowed my kid and he is doing well they still keep him in the category to get extra funding .I believe it was this category that kept him out of kss despite being in their catchment.Since mentioning this their persistence to keep him in okm has waned.all the teachers and counseller at okm have worked well with me .My son has made little for fiends and finds many kids troubled,or just nasty.The bullying is still there just more subtle.I noticed a big dif when i moved my kid from rutland to klo. Not all schools are the same.

So...your kid has behavior/social issues and he's already been tossed around by you to four different high schools.
And, although the staff at OKM have been good....it is a terrible school full of bullies?

You truly believe the school is the problem here?
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

kibbs wrote:my kid rides on the bus with a girl who was chucked from kss.

What school does she attend? Things may have changed since I was in school but 5-10 years ago thats how it worked.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

So...your kid has behavior/social issues and he's already been tossed around by you to four different high schools.
And, although the staff at OKM have been good....it is a terrible school full of bullies?

You truly believe the school is the problem here?

First off Rutland and klo are elementary and middle schools schools.
I have always tried to mantain a stable environment for my kid since split,
they put him in okm when klo was too full for gr 9 thats when he was shipped to bully central .THE HORROR!
If you you wish to pass more judgement on me and my methods of single father child rearing I suggest this thread.Something of which i'm sure you have much in the way of similar experience to share.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=45392
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

What school does she attend? Things may have changed since I was in school but 5-10 years ago thats how it worked.

Okm, hoodlum high ,bully central.Next stop is central tech and a really good school if your kid is having troubles.They are flexible for kids that are different .Weather smart and bored or having trouble learning.My older is finishing online with them.They are not all the same.
Peace be with you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”