Does it make more sense to pipe the oil east?

SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Does it make more sense to pipe the oil east?

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Rwede wrote:You prefer to listen to politically partisan unions and lay-people who make a living off of fearmongering for donations, I prefer to read the enironmental impact studies done by professional engineers and professional biologists and think for myself about the professionally-derived conclusions.

Whatever floats your boat.

You asked me a question and I answered. I fail to see how this has anything to do with unions or Sierra Club.
Nobody knows if there will be a tanker spill, but if it happens B.C. will lose 45,000 jobs. Pure and simple.
Now the question is, do we want to risk it ( pipeline) ?
I don't, if you do... good for you.

P.S. I also have a penchant for the Great Spirit Bear. :127:
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

Gravity would make the oil go down no pump required since North America is naturally leaning that way. Think about going from 1000m high in Alberta down to 0 in Muncton.

I wunder wut would happin if QC finally seperate.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:You asked me a question and I answered. I fail to see how this has anything to do with unions or Sierra Club.
Nobody knows if there will be a tanker spill, but if it happens B.C. will lose 45,000 jobs. Pure and simple.
Now the question is, do we want to risk it ( pipeline) ?
I don't, if you do... good for you.

P.S. I also have a penchant for the Great Spirit Bear. :127:

So a spill (maybe 4 gallons, maybe 4000 galons, who knows) will immediately wipe out 45,000 jobs of people from Alaska to Washington state along BC's coast. How interesting. Whodathunk that every person employed on the coast would be out of work with a single spill, the size and severity of which is undetermined.

PS - no such thing as a "Great Spirit Bear." There is such a thing as a common North American black bear (Ursus americanus) with a white phase coat, however.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:You asked me a question and I answered. I fail to see how this has anything to do with unions or Sierra Club.

By your own logic, all those jobs would have been wiped out with the Exon Valdez spill. How come all those jobs are still around? Oh wait, you are just fear mongering.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

twobits wrote:By your own logic, all those jobs would have been wiped out with the Exon Valdez spill. How come all those jobs are still around? Oh wait, you are just fear mongering.

Could you give me a link about the jobs that are still around after the Exxon Valdez spill ?
Could you tell me the difference between Exxon Valdez and the tankers that will be used for the transport of the bitumen ?
Could you tell me what kind of damage occur when crude oil spilled in the water ? And bitumen too ? Is there a difference ?
I want to learn.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Rwede wrote:So a spill (maybe 4 gallons, maybe 4000 galons, who knows) will immediately wipe out 45,000 jobs of people from Alaska to Washington state along BC's coast. How interesting. Whodathunk that every person employed on the coast would be out of work with a single spill, the size and severity of which is undetermined.

PS - no such thing as a "Great Spirit Bear." There is such a thing as a common North American black bear (Ursus americanus) with a white phase coat, however.

You know exactly what I'm talking about. You know exactly what kind of spill I was talking about. You are going around and around. You just want the last word. You can have it. You know there's a thread for that. Quite fun !!
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Why is the NDP so intent on seeing economic prosperity for every province except BC? They worked very hard to make sure we were dead last in Canada during the 1990s, and they are doubling down with their efforts to put us there again by wanting to be bypassed by Canada's number one economic stimulator, oil and gas. Last time they targeted the mining and forest industries in BC, this time it's O&G.

Looks like on welfare is their favourite place to be.

Real Per Capita GDP Growth 1992 - 2000

Nfld: 33.6%
SK: 27.3%
AB: 27%
ON: 24.2%
PQ: 22.3%
NB: 21.6%
PEI: 18.6%
MB: 17.5%
NS: 16.2%
BC: 5.3%

[Source: Statistics Canada, Provincial Economic Accounts, February, 2000.)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Smokie, its pathetic that the evil BCTF is wasting member dues producing fear-mongering reports about stuff completely unrelated to education. Does anybody else not see a massive issue with this? What a senseless waste of teacher union dues. They should be calling for reforms in the BCTF as this is gross malfeasance. As for the Sierra Club, you won't find a more radical left wing organization. Of course they sre going to represent the worst case scenario because they depend on donations from suckers, and nothing gets more donations from suckers than fear.
Not afraid to say "It".
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Why is the NDP so intent on seeing economic prosperity for every province except BC?

japan has accepted economic sustainability.This is the new idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FPNVFdiRs
Peace be with you.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Japan is a resource-poor nation that has 127 million people living on a small rock. Very poor comparison to Canada, and BC in particular. Japan has 336 people per square km, BC has less <5 people per square km, Canada <4 people per square km. Yeah, should we strive to adopt Japan's model of sustainability? I don't think so, Tim.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”