Jim Nabors marries partner of 38 years in Seattle

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Jim Nabors marries partner of 38 years in Seattle

Post by oneh2obabe »

HONOLULU, Hawaii - The actor best known for playing the TV character Gomer Pyle in the 1960s has married his male partner of 38 years.

Hawaii News Now (http://bit.ly/14tFM3U) reports Jim Nabors and his partner, Stan Cadwallader, travelled from their Honolulu home to Seattle to be married Jan. 15.

Gay marriage became legal in Washington state last month.

The 82-year-old Nabors says you've got to solidify something when you've been together as long as they have.

They couple met in 1975 when Cadwallader was a Honolulu firefighter. Cadwallader is 64.

Nabors says he's been open about his homosexuality to co-workers and friends but never acknowledged it to the media before.

Nabors played Gomer Pyle in "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C." television shows.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Jim Nabors marries partner of 38 years in Seattle

Post by Fancy »

I so enjoyed watching him and never thought of his personal life - congratulations to both of them.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Whoopie ding !
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Whoopie ding is right.

H20babe, you getting bored by the real news articles you've being posting?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Queen K wrote:H20babe, you getting bored by the real news articles you've being posting?

Nope. Never hurts to read all the news whether others deem it "newsworthy" or not. Then again, some don't want to know what goes on in the world, be it politics, economics, entertainment, health, technology, science, real estate, or social issues unless it's something they feel comfortable with. Added bonus - it expands your knowledge base and comes in handy when playing Trivial Pursuit.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:dyinglaughing: "Who did Gomer Pyle marry in 2013."

It's Trivia Pursuit.

Not "ET micro-Trivia Pursuit."

Oh, and I personally am a news-a-holic, interested in every aspect of the World. I just don't post articles I think everyone should be reading, whether they are worthy of discussion or not.

Oh, unless you are trying to open up a debate re gay marriage.
Why not be more up front with.

Line up folks,

For or Against?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Queen K wrote:It's Trivia Pursuit.

Actually, the correct name is Trivial Pursuit, not Trivia Pursuit.

It was the board game Time magazine called the "the biggest phenomenon in game history." Trivial Pursuit was first conceived on December 15, 1979 by Chris Haney and Scott Abbott.

Original master set - you purchased additional card sets as they became available.

As for the rest, not everyone reads the same articles as you so how are people going to know what interests you if you don't post?

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Uh ya, okay. I think everyone's got one of those gathering dust in the back of their closet. Heaven knows I see enough of them in garage sales.

I clicked onto your headline in this category to see what you've possibly got to add to who married whom and now see that you just wanted to present a news article worthy of Entertainment Tonight. Heck, they might not have even run the story.

Truthfully, this is what I'm really interested in:

http://www.castanet.net/events/dr._phil ... angs/17087

See you there?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Gomer is gay? Whoda thunk?

Gay Gomer.

He's 82.
Are you still gay if you're 82 and have zero sex drive?
Or do you become a non-sexual?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

GO,OO,OOWWLEEEEEEE!!!!!!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I have an idea.

Write Trivial Pursuit and ask them to republish a whole new set of cards which will include gems such as, "Which character did Jim Nabors play and to whom did Jim Nabors get married to and at what age?"

Leave out the sex-drive question as the game might get dragged out during family board game night.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I say "Good for him".
I am guessing that he is making sure that his partner of 38 years is recognized and taken care of when he is gone.
Many celebrities of his vintage spent their entire lives in what could be considered a non-conventional relationship.
After their passing, the partners were often completely left out in the cold with no rights whatsoever.
I think it is brave of him and a comment on how far acceptance has come.
(Although you wouldn't know it by the childish comments posted here.)
Congratulations Jim.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

For those of us to whom gay marriage rights is a given, or should be, the fact that Jim Nabors finally got to seal the deal legally is just between him, his partner and the respective families. I don't see that this even should have been a news article in Hawaii, or anywhere.

Unless someone just wants to trigger 16 page debate between Castanetters over "ya" or "nae" that is.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Peace be with you.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

I wonder if they plan on having a family :dyinglaughing:

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”