Downtown Timmy's

BC Dave

Downtown Timmy's

Post by BC Dave »

Does anyone know why Tim Horton's closed its downtown location? Is there going to be another Tim's downtown and if so, where? The downtown location that closed always seemed fairly busy, if a little shabby and dated compared to the newer locations. I work in the 500 block Main and I think a Tim's up here would do really well with Pen-Hi being so close.
livewire
Fledgling

Re: Downtown Timmy's

Post by livewire »

I've heard there is a proposal to city for the corner of West Minster and Winnipeg, next to Smith and Co, which is just weird. No one I've talked to can see how it would work there.

Someone else suggested they would consider the old KFC building if the first option didn't work.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

livewire wrote: I've heard there is a proposal to city for the corner of West Minster and Winnipeg, next to Smith and Co, which is just weird. No one I've talked to can see how it would work there.Someone else suggested they would consider the old KFC building if the first option didn't work.

Is there a Timmy's location anywhere that is not a cash cow? Ave net profit for frananchise owner per location in Canada was 368k last year.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
livewire
Fledgling

Post by livewire »

I was referring to the logistics. Getting in and out of that location doesn't work with that set of lights there....
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

straight from an employee.... the buillding needs thousands and thousands of dollars in work. (including roof.) The owners of the building don't want to fix it so Tim's vacated.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Do you think right by Pen-Hi would be a good idea? Students have a reputation for being able to fill a table for hours without spending any money.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

I hope they open another Tim's downtown.
I will miss them.
Have an Awesome Day
Debby
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

-fluffy- wrote:Students have a reputation for being able to fill a table for hours without spending any money.

Yup, just like us seniors! Believe me... I've noticed!!!

At least students have classes they've eventually got to return to.
'Authority' is not a reason.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Pffft, you humans. It's amazing you've made it this far. - Prot
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

Tero wrote:straight from an employee.... the buillding needs thousands and thousands of dollars in work. (including roof.) The owners of the building don't want to fix it so Tim's vacated.

If this is true, I can only wonder...
What kind of slumlord is it who's SO stupid that he'd let an established Timmy's franchise walk away???

There's got to more to it than that!
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Debbi wrote:I hope they open another Tim's downtown.
I will miss them.

It seems to me that the "office" zone, city hall, court house, big banks and what-not, would be a pretty lucrative area for a coffee shop. I'm guessing Timmie's would love to stay in that immediate area if they do plan to re-open.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Man people still like their so called rejected coffee grinds. Engineered to taste good if you drown it with 2 shots of milk and 2 shots of sugar to make it a syrup with a hint of coffee.

Go to some of the other coffee shops that actually sell real coffee. Im not talking about Starbucks but like there is a coffee shop that is pretty good in th buidling that used to have the gunbarrel grill in it.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Symbonite wrote:Man people still like their so called rejected coffee grinds. Engineered to taste good if you drown it with 2 shots of milk and 2 shots of sugar to make it a syrup with a hint of coffee.

Go to some of the other coffee shops that actually sell real coffee. Im not talking about Starbucks but like there is a coffee shop that is pretty good in th buidling that used to have the gunbarrel grill in it.

I used to frequent that coffee shop below the Gunbarrel until it changed ownership, and now you dont get your choice of types of coffee; its in a paper cup and the prices went up tremedously. No thanks. Nothing against paper cups but might as well stick with Timmys (even if I have to drive for now) and get it a LOT cheaper. Rumor is that they WILL relocate somewhere in the 200 block.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

It closed down because all the Tim Horton's want to be open 24 hours and the downtown location won't work. AND of course, drive-thru.
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

They should move to the old Slack's site.
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

Bretbaby wrote:It closed down because all the Tim Horton's want to be open 24 hours and the downtown location won't work. AND of course, drive-thru.

That sounds more like why they'd vacate.

Good thing they didn't move into up-town Summerland! Plenty of their retail buildings have leaking roofs (NOT KIDDING!!). It's a shameful joke!

Return to “Central Okanagan”