28 killed at elementary school

GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Re: 28 killed at elementary school

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

averagejoe wrote:Google is your friend. Try looking it up.

I Googled it. All i got was a link to;

DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds of Ammunition
From, you guessed it;
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchases-2 ... mmunition/
INFOWARS.COM
The personal webpage of, Alex Jones.

When one Googles "Alex Jones", the following is within the results;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive ... z2KFyIGhEI

His other claims to fame include:
Alex Jones of Info Wars and Prison Planet.
Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/3 ... z2KFyyVz00

Here is another hilarious video of Alex Jones's antics.
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/people/ins ... lex-jones/

HEY, if you want to follow along and blindly accept what Alex Jones wants to spoon feed to you, so be it. I research everything and everyone very thoroughly before give any amount of support to either side of any discussion. If something/anything sounds like a whack-a-doodle claim, it will be discarded on the next Tuesday. (Garbage day in my neighbourhood.)
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

Ranger66 wrote:"The Department of Homeland Security has now bought 1.6 BILLION rounds of hollow point .40 cal."

What is your source for this information?

Defence Industry Daily
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/ATK ... 022-07562/

Business Insider
http://www.businessinsider.com/dhs-flet ... nds-2013-1

RT America
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ1MIfZNu6I

The Examiner
http://www.examiner.com/article/departm ... int-rounds

Business Journal
http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/p ... 12/CG68224

If you need some more let me know, because the internet still is heavy with links to this "FACT" even though the MSM has scrubbed it form their pages.
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
Edward R Murrow
Now a proud member of the NRA & Canadian Sport Shooting Association.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

I guess they should have googled a little harder. But because they didn't see it on MSM it didn't happen I guess. :138:
Thanks Steelrules.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Captain Awesome wrote:Future murderers are practicing their deadly skills aka Killer Children:

I remember the Boy Scout badges having to do with markmanship, including with firearms. I wonder if they still do that.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

grammafreddy wrote:I remember the Boy Scout badges having to do with markmanship, including with firearms. I wonder if they still do that.

Probably not.

Something to do with recent discoveries that touching a gun turns you into a bloodthirsty monster according to these day's media.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

You are right Gramma. They did for 55 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discontinu ... America%29

Merit badge: Marksmanship
Created: 1911
Discontinued: 1966
Notes: Replaced by Rifle and Shotgun Shooting in 1966
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

[quote="grammafreddy"

I remember the Boy Scout badges having to do with markmanship, including with firearms. I wonder if they still do that.[/quote]

Quick search and it looks like they still do.

http://usscouts.org/mb/mb123.asp

SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Newtown lawmaker calls for 'sin tax' on violent video games

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingam ... -1B8262821

Video games promote violence? Funny that British and Canadians play more of these games than Americans do and dont seem to have mass-shootings to deal with.

Let me see.

Illegally invade other countries, legalize and justify torture, kill nationals and foreigners without trial or judge via drones, kill civilians via drones...oh and the country is the biggest arms dealer on the planet...

...but VIDEO GAMES promote violence?

Disconnect +1
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

They probably don't help, that's for sure.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Poverty isn't doing anyone any favors in America.

...but lets focus on video games.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

SurplusElect wrote:Poverty isn't doing anyone any favors in America.

...but lets focus on video games.

I didn't realize that some input on handling gun violence in America means completely ignoring every other issue at hand.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

What is your source for this information because if you actually read the documents. You will find;

The awards will be indefinite delivery-indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract(s) whereby firm-fixed-price (FFP) delivery orders will be issued. This contract will be Department-wide i.e. the Department of Homeland Security (DHS or Department) and its components will be authorized to issue delivery orders against the resultant contract.

. This is an unrestricted solicitation with full and open competition

REQUIREMENT: The total requirement is to provide an estimated 33 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber SD and 2 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber EP Ammunition in the base year

an estimated 33 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber SD and 2 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber EP ammunition in each of four option years

That is 35 million rounds per the base year and the same if needed in the option years.

Your statement.

“Goatboy,
The Department of Homeland Security has now bought 1.6 BILLION rounds of hollow point”
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Alaska's contradiction? Lots of guns, few homicides

This is a gun-crazy state. Guns are everywhere. About 58 percent of Alaskans own a gun, according to the Washington Post. Given that the U.S. Census says the average household size in the 49th state is 2.65 people, there is, on average, 1.53 guns per household.

Or to make this simple, there is basically a gun in every house.

Alaska homicide rate dropping

And yet, the Alaska homicide rate for 2011, the latest year for which figures are available, was 4 per 100,000 people. That's significantly lower than the 6.4 per 100,000 people for New York City, where Mayor Michael Bloomberg likes to brag about how many guns the New York Police Department has taken away from the citizenry, and about a fifth of the homicide rate for Chicago (19.4 per 100,000), a city with stringent gun control that has been labeled the world's "Deadliest Global City."

But none of that really concerns the question that begs an answer.

If guns in and of themselves are evil, if more guns means people are more likely to kill other people, why does the death toll for Alaska "firearms homicides" stand at 2.6 per 100,000? Actually, the number is probably lower than that now. The data on specifically how people kill each other -- with guns, knifes, beatings -- dates to 2004, and the Alaska homicide rate has fallen about 25 percent since then. But suffice to say, fewer than half the people killed in homicides in Alaska are killed with a gun.

The state's gun-homicide rate is a low number. At 2.6, your odds of being shot and killed in Alaska are lower than your odds of being murdered in the European principality of Liechtenstein (2.8 per 100,000) and about the same as your odds for being murdered in Luxembourg (2.5 per 100,000). Neither country is known as a hotbed of violent crime.

Swiss mandate gun ownership

Then again, the chances of being killed with a firearm in Alaska -- or in Liechtenstein or Luxembourg, for that matter -- are a lot higher than the chances of being murdered in Switzerland. The death rate there is 0.7 per 100,000, and gun ownership is mandatory for men of military age, some of whom are volatile young men. Some studies in this country have pinpointed men between the age of 21 and 30 as responsible for 40 to 50 percent of all homicides. The Swiss, however, arm them. And they don't only arm them, they give them assault rifles.

"Between the ages of 21 and 32 (all) men serve as front-line troops. They are given an M-57 assault rifle and 24 rounds of ammunition which they are required to keep at home," according to the BBC. The 24 rounds is a government requirement. People can buy more if they want.

(A personal note here. Young men casually handling automatic weapons in train stations and elsewhere in Switzerland always scared the beejesus out of me. It isn't so much that they are armed with automatic weapons, but that their handling sometimes seemed inattentive, even careless. Nonetheless, there do not appear to be a lot of accidental shootings in Switzerland, or at least people dying from accidental shootings.)

The Swiss clearly illustrate there are factors other than the simple availability of guns in play when it comes to violence, death and firearms. And so, it would seem, does Alaska. With all the guns around in the 49th state, why do slightly more people die due to knifings, beatings or other violence -- 3.05 per 100,000 -- than shootings -- 2.58 per 100,000?

Status symbol?

Or maybe the better question is this:

Why is death by firearm so much more prevalent in major U.S. cities, most of which have made it harder for people to legally obtain guns than in the Wild West of Alaska? Wouldn't you think that given gun control in those places, the ratio of knife, beating and other deaths would increase in proportion to gun deaths?

Or have gun bans, helped by pop culture, simply made it something of a status symbol to kill someone with a firearm in urban America?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Alaskans are a breed unto their own.

In a way they are just like Canadians, and we don't have crazy shootings.
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

Ranger66 wrote:What is your source for this information because if you actually read the documents. You will find;

The awards will be indefinite delivery-indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract(s) whereby firm-fixed-price (FFP) delivery orders will be issued. This contract will be Department-wide i.e. the Department of Homeland Security (DHS or Department) and its components will be authorized to issue delivery orders against the resultant contract.

. This is an unrestricted solicitation with full and open competition

REQUIREMENT: The total requirement is to provide an estimated 33 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber SD and 2 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber EP Ammunition in the base year

an estimated 33 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber SD and 2 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber EP ammunition in each of four option years

That is 35 million rounds per the base year and the same if needed in the option years.

Your statement.

“Goatboy,
The Department of Homeland Security has now bought 1.6 BILLION rounds of hollow point”

As much as you want to turn a blind eye to the facts, here's the first delivery story from March 2012.
This is only their first purchase, since then they have placed additional orders for .40 cal. hollow points and .223 AR ammo totalling 1.6 billion, they also just purchased 7000 AR 15 assault rifles, remember these are not sworn police officers or military they are bureaucrats.

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Securi ... 331656764/

Published: March. 13, 2012 at 12:39 PM
ANOKA, Minn., March 13 (UPI) -- As many as 450 million rounds of .40-caliber ammunition are being produced for U.S. government agencies by ATK of Minnesota.

The order comes under an indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for HST bullets.

"We are proud to extend our track record as the prime supplier of .40-caliber duty ammunition for (Homeland Security), ICE," said Ron Johnson, president of ATK's Security and Sporting group. "The HST is a proven design that will continue to serve those who keep our borders safe."

ATK was the incumbent and won the contract with its HST bullet. The HST is a hollow-point round that holds its jacket even after passing through barriers.

ATK said the contract features a 12-month base performance period and four option years. The ammunition will be produced at the Federal Cartridge Company facility in Anoka, Minn., with deliveries of the rounds to begin in June.
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
Edward R Murrow
Now a proud member of the NRA & Canadian Sport Shooting Association.
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Return to “World”