Selling Things Used

MeganR

Re: Selling Things Used

Post by MeganR »

I was checking the posts for medical and disability equipment because I wanted to get rid of some of it. I found that almost every one of those adds are from people asking almost retail price for their well used wheelchairs and bathroom aids. Why would somebody buy an used commode for $10 below retail? it is gross, just like buying underwear from the thrift store.

Anyway, I ended up donating the equipment to the Red Cross, it was not worth it trying to sell it.
"There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing." -- Oscar Wilde
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

musicman wrote:no, motorcycles are the worst..they take a slow drag from their joint and while looking at their 25 yr old clapped out dirt -bike and say.... yeah, its worth $3500..!! :purefury:

:dyinglaughing: Hilarious image!

I too often find myself shaking my head when going through the classifieds and I agree with Kibbs' comment, "Those high ballers trying to get new or more prices are clogging up the want ads."

It's one thing when you're just browsing out of curiosity or boredom but when you're actually seriously shopping around for something which you or someone you know may need, it can be frustrating to have to wade through many of these ads from people who've got their heads in lala land, not to mention the ones who diligently re-post ads forever, to stay "most recent" when clearly they should have gotten the message that their price is too high or their junk is not wanted.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

musicman wrote:no, motorcycles are the worst..they take a slow drag from their joint and while looking at their 25 yr old clapped out dirt -bike and say.... yeah, its worth $3500..!! :purefury:

What guys want for motorcycles around here is bloody ridiculous! I've seriously considered going back to AB and buying one there and bringing it back. At least the prices will be reasonable!
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Phoenix Within wrote:What guys want for motorcycles around here is bloody ridiculous! I've seriously considered going back to AB and buying one there and bringing it back. At least the prices will be reasonable!

My buddy just bought a 2006 Yamaha something... can't recall what for $2200 and it has low kms also. When he got there, there were 3 guys waiting to check it out if he didn't take it. It was a great deal.
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

Most of the good deals are snapped up pretty quickly, leaving all the crappy ones behind. I've seen plenty of steals, but you've got to be on the ball. I got an electric motor for fishing (excellent price) 3 minutes after the guy posted the ad, and he told me when I payed for it that he had to remove the ad soon after due to the volume of calls he was receiving.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Having come from a part of Canada where NOTHING is given away or sold cheap, I find this area VERY giving with an abundance of exceptional deals.

You're always going to find some who think their items are worth more than they are. That's their prerogative, and it's easy to just breeze on by aiming for the real deals.

Were it not for living here...surrounded in a bounty of goods, I'd not be near as "rich" as I am.
I've got everything I need and just about all I want. I'm fortunate to be able to say that...while still being poverty stricken by the standards of most.

Return to “Central Okanagan”