A saw and a man

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: A saw and a man

Post by kibbs »

genitally mutilated

Jesus Christ why do these threads always end up here?
Peace be with you.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

zzontar wrote:There are probably no women that prefer to be genitally mutilated would be my guess.

Exactly. There is nothing imperfect or wrong with a circumcised penis, as in there is no loss of function.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Graham Adder wrote:You're joking, right?

You've GOT to be joking.

Anything less just depletes the value of your post.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mutilate
Mutilate:

1: to cut up or alter radically so as to make imperfect <the child mutilated the book with his scissors>
2: to cut off or permanently destroy a limb or essential part of

Are you joking? Going by that definition "mutilate" is completely subjective.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

underscore wrote:
Mutilate:

1: to cut up or alter radically so as to make imperfect <the child mutilated the book with his scissors>
2: to cut off or permanently destroy a limb or essential part of

Are you joking? Going by that definition "mutilate" is completely subjective.

How is it "subjective"?
Please 'splain.

When a male child is born, they have all their body parts intact.
That IS the perfect form of a human male child.
Intact.
Unaltered.

When you remove the foreskin, it alters the sensations. This is not up for argument as it IS fact.
Think about it.

When you alter the sensations intended by our design, you are in FACT...mutilating that child's penis...genitalia.

As for females not wanting to be mutilated, I am quite certain there are cases where the FEW would in fact choose this likely on account of religious or societal pressures. They may even make such a choice over deeply engrained sexual deviance. For whatever reason you are bound to find those who DO in FACT choose genital mutilation.

The same goes for males. There are a FEW who do in FACT choose to mutilate likely on account of religious or societal pressures. They may even make such a choice over deeply engrained sexual deviance. For whatever reason you are bound to find those who DO in FACT choose genital mutilation.

You can't escape the truth.

Circumcision IS genital mutilation.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

No it isn't... http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/sheryl-sap ... 46749.html

P.S. myself nor any of my children are circumcised, but I cannot deny that there is a net benefit to circumcision. Two examples are less STDs and less chances of serious infections (a son of someone I know had a very serious penile infection as a result of the chemical found in the diapers, which would not have been there if he had been circumcised).

As for sexual pleasure:

Two other studies released in Rome added to the good news about circumcision:

-- Circumcised men say they experience greater sexual pleasure after surgery, a finding that should help overcome unease about the operation.

Investigators at the University of Makerere interviewed 316 men, average age 22, who had been circumcised between February and September 2009.

A year after the operation, 220 of the volunteers said they were sexually active, of whom a quarter said they used condoms.

A total of 87.7 per cent said they found it easier to reach an orgasm after being circumcised, and 92.3 per cent said they experienced more sexual pleasure.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/wo ... 6098865549
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Keep it clean.
Simple.

As for more pleasure after being mutilated, I'd like to see the stat's after the exposed nerve endings become desensitized from constant friction and exposure.

I'm intact.
Never been mutilated.
Never been infected.
Always careful where I take a dip.
No issues.

I also have a few inches of body tissue that has nerve endings...intact...that mutilated males do not have.
How can it not have an effect?
Tell me that.

Now...on to the stat's given:
I always question the doctors that praise such genital mutilation, and I wonder to myself if they are supportive on account of a defense mechanism, or religious background.
Those are the questions I go to.
That doesn't mean to say I have the answers nor believe wholeheartedly that I am right and they are wrong.

I do know this:
circumcision is genital mutilation, no matter what the reason behind such action.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Graham Adder wrote:When a male child is born, they have all their body parts intact.
That IS the perfect form of a human male child.
Intact.
Unaltered.

When you remove the foreskin, it alters the sensations. This is not up for argument as it IS fact.
Think about it.

When you alter the sensations intended by our design, you are in FACT...mutilating that child's penis...genitalia.

As for females not wanting to be mutilated, I am quite certain there are cases where the FEW would in fact choose this likely on account of religious or societal pressures. They may even make such a choice over deeply engrained sexual deviance. For whatever reason you are bound to find those who DO in FACT choose genital mutilation.

The same goes for males. There are a FEW who do in FACT choose to mutilate likely on account of religious or societal pressures. They may even make such a choice over deeply engrained sexual deviance. For whatever reason you are bound to find those who DO in FACT choose genital mutilation.

You can't escape the truth.

Circumcision IS genital mutilation.

That may be the perfect form TO YOU but it may not be for everyone else. Circumcision may be mutilation TO YOU based on your views but that is not a FACT, far from it.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

underscore wrote:That may be the perfect form TO YOU but it may not be for everyone else. Circumcision may be mutilation TO YOU based on your views but that is not a FACT, far from it.

Oh c'mon....

By your standards a guy that slices his penis full length isn't mutilating himself if HE thinks that's how his Johnson was supposed to look.
If he never used it for orgasm or insertion, then his slicing hasn't altered its function either.

Gimme a freakin' break.

There are arguments for and against, but in the end it is still FACT that circumcision IS genital mutilation.
You can support it all you like, but it doesn't change the facts.
Sneaksuit
Board Meister

Post by Sneaksuit »

Circumcision is politically sanctioned genital mutilation.

http://www.davidwilton.com/files/johnso ... on2010.pdf

Why didn't God design males to be circumcised if he wanted them to be?

Glacier, I'm not defending Islam. The Abrahamic religions are inherently oppressive because they're patriarchal, with a god at the top who punishes. And I think arguing which religion of the two has been the bloodiest misses the point. They've both been worse than the other major world religions combined.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Some cultures consider it to be mutilation to cut your hair, after all it grows long naturally so isn't that the way it's supposed to look?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

zzontar wrote:Some cultures consider it to be mutilation to cut your hair, after all it grows long naturally so isn't that the way it's supposed to look?

living tissue is not the same as dead tissue
hair grows back

technically however, you are correct by definition
cutting hair is mutilating it
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Call it what you will, but there is a distinct difference between female genital mutilation and circumcision - both in terms of purpose and effect. The reason you cut the clitoris is to give men more power over women. If a particular culture is patriarchal, there is no way that they would mutilate male genitals becaue men are in charge.

Male genital mutilation did occur and still does in many parts of the world, and it's the reason there are 60 million blacks in the western world, but very few in the Arab world even though sub-saharan slaves were imported in even greater numbers into Arab countries than Western ones.

What they did was take a sickle and cleave off the both the penis and testicles in one fell swoop; a tin or wooden spigot was set into the erethra; and the wound was cauterized with boiling oil and a bandage. Unable to relieve himself, the victim suffered from intense pain for three days before the spigot and bandage were removed. If the suffer could then relieve himself he usually lived; if he could not, he was doomed to an agonizing death from a burst bladder. That my friends is genital mutilation designed to keep the man down.
- Douglas Murray
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Hey I rock the happy helmet. Sure its mutilation. Whether jews did it originally for health or some weird ritual who knows .its not huge like female circumcision.It only diminishes sensitivity .But they say increases endurance.They don't do it automatically anymore its a choice.I had my boys done i think because i had a friend in school that had to get it done when he was 14 due to infection.Is that what the saw is for ?i thought it was for cutting something else.
Peace be with you.
50-ish

Post by 50-ish »

couldn't help be reminded of the case of david reimer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer)

also, for those interested in weighing the pro's and cons through those who experienced it, there's a research document in this book beginning on page 45: http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=-IMk5TXEdWQC&oi=fnd&pg=PA45&dq=circumcision+and+sexual+pleasure&ots=wx_iJBXQDV&sig=yqd6PT4Hnm8ihrb2hbDr_wyEqQU#v=onepage&q=circumcision%20and%20sexual%20pleasure&f=false
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I think the quality of sex is determined by your other head.You don't miss what you have never known ,To each their own .If I had no Jewish influences at my kids births ,i would have left the choice to them.Later in life.I just hope they don't feel the need to hang weights from it to get it back.
Peace be with you.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”