Shouldn't it be noted?

Home of the traffic rant.
Steve-O
Übergod

Re: Shouldn't it be noted?

Post by Steve-O »

I second that DD. I don't dawdle along at the speed limit or below, I'll do 5 - 10 k over the limit and get passed like I'm standing still. If someone thinks I'm too slow; thats their issue. Kelowna and area is a pretty small area, pushing it any faster won't save me all that much time, besides, I usually pull up next to the speeders at the next red light.

I'd like to see the RC's could put more effort into traffic and issue more tickets.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Steve-O wrote:I second that DD. I don't dawdle along at the speed limit or below, I'll do 5 - 10 k over the limit and get passed like I'm standing still. If someone thinks I'm too slow; thats their issue. Kelowna and area is a pretty small area, pushing it any faster won't save me all that much time, besides, I usually pull up next to the speeders at the next red light.

I'd like to see the RC's could put more effort into traffic and issue more tickets.

Exactly. I mean i don't feel the need to report everyone i see driving over the speed limit and i have been guilty of following the traffic flow only to look down at the speedo and think, crap i'm speeding. Its the aggressive drivers that i cannot stand, the serial tailgaters and the lane hoppers that cut you up all to shave a fraction of a second off their journey.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Big difference between "going with the flow" and "aggressive/excessive speeding". I tend to do the former, while never the latter. Can't say I've ever been in any sort of fender bender or had a ticket, even when driving thru "speed traps".
Your bias suits you.
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

bikeguy25 wrote:Anyone else see the drastic similarities from the fact that Yeti has not been seen in a while and now the Coconutcase shows up.....

Maybe he's been out finishing up his high school English / Communication requirements?
bntherednthat

Post by bntherednthat »

Thanks to all of the reply's, especially cutter7's response. I appreciate your view on it.
For the other negative people who decided to add their 2 cents, I asked a simple question and I did not say I was not going to pay the ticket, I was only wondering what the situation is when the speed is not written on the ticket, as I have heard different things! For all of you who have your panties in a bunch you all need to calm down and either answer a simple question or move on to the next person who asked a question and hopefully you can leave your pity remarks to yourself. As I'm sure most of the people out there speed, so don't make it sound like speeding is a sin because especially in Kelowna there are many people who see the speed limit as nothing because people whiz by my doing more than the posted speed limit. Plus lets not even begin with the people who think that when the traffic light turns yellow it means speed through the intersection with hopes that you won't cause an accident.
Thanks again for the informative couple of reply's, I'm glad some people can give decent advice on here. :sunshine:
Last edited by bntherednthat on Feb 11th, 2013, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bntherednthat

Post by bntherednthat »

Steve-O wrote:I got the feeling that the OP was looking for some sound advice and likely a little sympathy. So he's getting some advice fer sure, but not feeling the love! :sadist:

I was simply wanting some input as I've heard that the speed is always noted and if it was not then there was no way to prove the speed I was going, however as always you ask 10 different people chances are you will get ten different answers. As this is my first ticket in my 40 years of driving, I wanted to know how it works. Definitely no sympathy needed here, however most of the posts sure are comical. :dyinglaughing:
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

dodgerdodge wrote:My vehicle is capable of more than twice the legal highway limit thank you. I choose not to drive at that speed as i like to keep hold of my licence and my money.

Now how could you know that unless you've done it?
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

dodgerdodge wrote:My vehicle is capable of more than twice the legal highway limit thank you. I choose not to drive at that speed as i like to keep hold of my licence and my money.

underscore wrote:Now how could you know that unless you've done it?

Being capable of doing twice the highway speed limit and testing that theory on an actual highway are two completely different things.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Then how do you know it's capable?
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

underscore wrote:Then how do you know it's capable?

You've never seen a vehicle, bike, etc. go over 110kph then? There are places where you're able to drive higher than a highway's speed limit. Because they aren't highways and don't have that speed limit. Not saying I know where this person has driven their vehicle...just that there are places you're not limited to highway speeds.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

bntherednthat wrote:Hi all!

I recently received a speeding ticked, and was looking the ticket over and I was wondering, shouldn't the ticket specifically say how fast I was going? The cop told me how fast I was going however did not write it down... I am thinking about fighting the ticket because there were three cars and the cop decided to pull me over, although the other cars were going just as fast as I, if not faster...

Any thoughts would be appreciated

From one guy to another. Don't make excuses for speeding tickets. Don't fight them. Don't waste more time and money.

Eat the fine, it is what it is, and you are no help to society if you are going to resist something as basic as a speeding ticket.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

underscore wrote:Then how do you know it's capable?

A really silly question. Should i have re phrased that to read "according to the vehicle manufacturers information the car has a top speed of 145 MPH (233km/hr) but this has not been verified on BC roads"

Like i said the car is "technically" capable of twice the legal maximum highway limit in BC
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Did they actually test it, or just calculate that's what it could do? Either way, moot point.
bntherednthat

Post by bntherednthat »

[/quote]
From one guy to another. Don't make excuses for speeding tickets. Don't fight them. Don't waste more time and money.

Eat the fine, it is what it is, and you are no help to society if you are going to resist something as basic as a speeding ticket.[/quote]

Again with the uninformative information... I don't know if perhaps the question I asked wasn't clear enough for you but I didn't ask if I should pay the fine or not. I simply asked if the speed should be noted on the ticket. As I've stated in a post above, I heard from someone that if the speed is not posted then the ticket is "invalid" as there was no way to prove that you were speeding... Now before you get all worked up about this reply, you can sleep soundly because I intend on paying the ticket. However asking 10 different people about the same thing the outcome is at least 8 different answers. Perhaps phrasing it as others were speeding too wasn't quite correct, however the question seems to have been fairly clear. So from one guy to another please post only the answer to the question the OP is asking. Thx
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

underscore wrote:Did they actually test it, or just calculate that's what it could do? Either way, moot point.

Do you think that car manufacturers make wild claims on their vehicle specs without ever testing them?
How is it a moot point? You made the suggestion that if my car wasn't capable of keeping up with traffic i should take it off the road. I was simply pointing out that it was indeed more than "capable" of keeping up with traffic. :sillygrin:

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”