Congratulations to Young Entrepreneur Of The Year

sale4u
Fledgling

Congratulations to Young Entrepreneur Of The Year

Post by sale4u »

Max Picton, the young man responsible for the first REAL tourist campground to be built in the Okanagan in years, has won the Chamber's Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award! Those Yurts you see out on Skaha Lake are there because of this young man's determination and dreams. Not only is he building a world class resort ( Barefoot Beach Resort) but he is showing City Hall and the RDOS how to do business with the Penticton Indian Band! I for one am overjoyed o see something being built on the PIB's land beside industrial. Hopefully the bridge on Green will be next then maybe the arrow leaf project. Congrats to all involved! :nyah:
bipdl
Board Meister

Re: Congratulations to Young Entrepreneur Of The Year

Post by bipdl »

sale4u wrote:...building a world class resort (Barefoot Beach Resort)...

"World Class"? What is that supposed to mean anyways?

Why is it almost every business initiative and/or development proposal in the Penticton/Summerland region is deemed to be "world class". What an empty, over-exaggerated, presumptuous cliche for any endeavour which has not yet received world wide recognition and acclaim. What... is "Five Star", or "unique", or "fine" not good enough anymore? Like, gag me with a spoon, home boy. That is like so... what EVer!

Nevertheless, I'm glad to see someone trying something other than building yet another golf course, strip mall or condo project, and, I agree with sale4u's other sentiments here completely.

I hope Mr. Picton's (and his buddies') idea flies.
'Authority' is not a reason.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Pffft, you humans. It's amazing you've made it this far. - Prot
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Lordy. This is just a campground with some hybrid tents. I wish the boys well but this is no local economic driver. It's three months seasonal at best and in their own estimation require 10 employee's. 10 jobs at 10.25/hr for three months hardly qualifies as world class.
Good luck boys but I give ya three seasons.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
3+141592

Post by 3+141592 »

IMHO, the "World class" fad is meant to impress the less than "well traveled" folks
because once you start getting around, you notice that it's a pretty big world out there...
It's nothing new mind you - let's not forget that we live in the "Best Place on Earth"!
sale4u
Fledgling

Post by sale4u »

Ouch! All I meant was that with the model of a YEAR ROUND resort it COULD BE world class! Sorry. :hailjo:
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

I don't mean to twist the knife, sale4u, but maybe you should think about reserving the term "world class" for stuff that actually IS.

When I hear that horridly lame cliche, images of the Banff Springs Hotel, Lake Louise, Niagra Falls, gondolas in Venice, the Eiffel Tower, the Pyramids of Giza, Montreal's Metro system, Germany's Autobahns, Japanese civility, England's castles, etc., etc. come to mind. Anything Okanagan... definitely not!!
(Except maybe Sunrype's Apple Juice.) :127:
'Authority' is not a reason.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Pffft, you humans. It's amazing you've made it this far. - Prot

Return to “Central Okanagan”