New and Old Hwy

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: New and Old Hwy

Post by Glacier »

With less traffic the old section will be much safer at the current speed limit, therefore, they should bump the speed limit up 20 or 30 km/h.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
doughboy251

Post by doughboy251 »

Glacier wrote:With less traffic the old section will be much safer at the current speed limit, therefore, they should bump the speed limit up 20 or 30 km/h.

so we should bump the speed limit on a public road from the cuuent 80 to 110 when the district takes over makes sense...NOT.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

In Montana a road like that would 110 km/h (70 mph). Hey, I know we don't live in Montana, but I'm merely pointing out that it makes no sense to reduce the speed by 30 km/h.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

It's been named Pelmewash Parkway after what that area used to be called.

It's really not a stupid name at all.
It just rubs some the wrong way.

I'd bet those same people would have had the same complaints and whines when Haida Gwaii dropped the Queen Charlotte Island title.

Personally, I like Pelmewash Parkway.
Attachments
1860 Okanagan Map.jpg
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Glacier wrote:In Montana a road like that would 110 km/h (70 mph). Hey, I know we don't live in Montana, but I'm merely pointing out that it makes no sense to reduce the speed by 30 km/h.

It's going to be a winding road to nowhere. Why does it make sense to have people going 110km/hr to get nowhere?

Or are you confusing the issue with what the speed limit should be on the new section?
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
doughboy251

Post by doughboy251 »

Glacier wrote:In Montana a road like that would 110 km/h (70 mph). Hey, I know we don't live in Montana, but I'm merely pointing out that it makes no sense to reduce the speed by 30 km/h.

I disagree I regularly take that route to my inlaws and with all the curves on that road 110 is suicide IMHO. Also it will be a public road not a highway.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I'm guessing here but,

seems to me people can't see sarcasm if it walked up to them and slapped 'em!!

:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

dirtybiker wrote:I'm guessing here but,

seems to me people can't see sarcasm if it walked up to them and slapped 'em!!

:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

Well, that's true enough, BUT there is ample room to have access roads coming down from the new highway and end up with segmented lakefront much in the way it is set up on the southern end of Peachland.
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Spocky wrote:Well, that's true enough, BUT there is ample room to have access roads coming down from the new highway and end up with segmented lakefront much in the way it is set up on the southern end of Peachland.

Why add more taxpayers money to put in this access roads when access is already there from north & south ends.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

GordonH wrote:Why add more taxpayers money to put in this access roads when access is already there from north & south ends.

Because the way it's set up now, most of the really good (and expensive) lakefront is taken up by the road. Fragmenting it up would free up miles of lakefront. And, heck, if worse came to worse, each lot buyer would be provided with a free donkey to make it up to the highway! :nyah:
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Wood Lake's environment is already under seige. Kokanee fishing has been shut down due to pollution levels that have caused a massive die-off.

The last thing that lake needs is more effluent loading from more lakeside development. The $1.5 million per year that the kokanee fishery pumps into Lake Country's economy is going to be sorely missed until the fishery can be restored.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Spocky wrote: BUT there is ample room to have access roads

NO< NO< NO<...Not access roads from the new highway, if you put a bunch of access roads then it is no longer
a highway, just a street.

Put a bunch of accesses, this takes intersections, people who cannot deal with intersections scream for traffic lights,
traffic lights clogs thing up and cause congestion.

Leave the new highway alone!!!!!!!! It would please me if there was not one single sideroad or business venture
allowed adjacent to that stretch of roadway. just a couple veiwpoint pullouts on either side/direction.

Leave it for its intended purpose, and Palmparkers Washedaway can be the access and scenic drive
that it is presently.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

As it is now...we can all access that lake to go for a swim, dip a line or rinse off the pooch.
Litter the shoreline with more homes will make it as grossly inaccessible as all the other destroyed lakefront we have in this valley.

Leave it accessible and slow traffic down.

It'll be the next Okanagan Center Road ...gem...but even better.

I can't wait to play there.
SmileyEyes

Post by SmileyEyes »

[quote="Spocky
Well, that's true enough, BUT there is ample room to have access roads coming down from the new highway and end up with segmented lakefront much in the way it is set up on the southern end of Peachland.[/quote]

Sounds like a developer talking...out of curiousity, how much of the land do you own? The marina propossed for the end of Ponderosa was shot down and I am sure any other proposed development will be too. The lake is fragile.
Deeoars
Fledgling

Post by Deeoars »

So the incinerator for Vancouver's garbage is out.Yes spocky sounds like real estate agent to me,can't see the lake for the water.

Return to “Central Okanagan”