Boucherie upgrades

tweedy
Fledgling

Boucherie upgrades

Post by tweedy »

Anybody else hate the upgrades on Boucherie? narrow road on both sides getting narrower with snow piled up, lighting along Boucherie is good and needed but those fancy expensive lights are out of place and not that good..in my opinion the tax payers money could have been better spent, simple upgrades for a simple rural road.
ride365

Re: Boucherie upgrades

Post by ride365 »

I actually really like them. Make it into a slower stretch of road and the lights are great. Looks like they have to pave one more time as the road is still uneven and not level with the bottom of the curb.
Joe Pinouchi

Post by Joe Pinouchi »

I'm not impressed either... The Synlawn is tacky, the trees have no where to grow but up into wires and lights, the roots have no where to go and, there is no bike lane??? This project screams PPP (P*ss Poor Planning)! Our council once again has been swayed into pleasing the few instead of listening to the many... For the cost of the project the product is lack luster not well thought out and a maintenance nightmare! The only winners here are the tourist and the vintners!
tweedy
Fledgling

Post by tweedy »

I'm not impressed either... The Synlawn is tacky, the trees have no where to grow but up into wires and lights, the roots have no where to go and, there is no bike lane??? This project screams PPP (P*ss Poor Planning)! Our council once again has been swayed into pleasing the few instead of listening to the many... For the cost of the project the product is lack luster not well thought out and a maintenance nightmare! The only winners here are the tourist and the vintners!

I agree especially
The only winners here are the tourist and the vintners!
Boucherie is not Abbot road...
waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

I like it just fine and can't wait for the rest of Boucherie to be done. Sooner than later that scenic view needs to have a scenic road and West Kelowna can start having and being a beautiful rural community for its residents and tourists. and Jack.......where cars and trucks maintain the speed limit instead of screaming up and down the hill whether it be piled with snow or in the heat.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I'm not from West Kelowna, but I do like the upgrades. Looks pretty cool and pleasure to drive.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Agreed, a pleasure to drive, 100% safer for traffic & pedestrians. Finally a sidewalk!

Can't wait for them to continue further!
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
beancounter
Board Meister

Post by beancounter »

I like it, especially the walkway. Everytime I go up it I wonder just where all our tax dollars went all those years we were paying them to RDCO.
AltaRed
Fledgling

Post by AltaRed »

Ditto. I like it too and look forward to the upgrade continuing. I do agree though that snow removal seems to be a problem, particularly at the crest of the hill where it seems to drift in.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Love it. Looks great and about time IMHO.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
rosalind neis

Post by rosalind neis »

As a resident of Lakeview Heights that uses this "improved" road daily, I have to admit that I was rather pleased with the look and feel of the project. However, I am not convinced that the $2.9 Million spent on 2KM of road was the best use of tax payers money (even though this included the sewer upgrades which were needed) I think the price tag was high.

My real concern is that after less than 5 months there are significant pot holes appearing (around 2455 Boucherie) and I can only hope that there is a hold back to the contractor or at the least a warranty for this work. Perhaps in the spring there will be another closure of this road to repair the road surface and complete the top coat?

I also wonder how the large trucks that will be delivering to Mission Hill Winery and those that will be part of the expansion will manage this new road and what damage they will cause? Perhaps council will direct commercial traffic to East Boundary Road?

Rosalind Neis
Pkunko
Fledgling

Post by Pkunko »

The section with potholes is due to the fact that they still need to lay down another layer of asphalt, which they will be doing in the spring.
STIC

Post by STIC »

In my opinion as a resident on Boucherie Rd, I really do like the transformation, If your going to do something, DO IT, I'm glad they did an overhaul and not a facelift. Yes, there are potholes, a little premature I'd say, but they definitely have another top coat left so fingers crossed there. Snow clearing could have been a little better - especially when merging at the bottom of the hill, thats a wonky merge with no snow. And Joe, I agree Synlawn is extremely tacky - but the idea of synthetic turf - when installed correctly - is a great concept...I'm involved with a premium synthetic turf company that is willing to replace the current medians for free and install the rest of the phases at cost but nobody seems to know how this contract was awarded? There is a rumor Mission Hill paid for all the extra amenities, does anyone know if there is a truth to this?
And just for curiosity, if this is PPP, aside from the bike lane, what would you have liked to see differently?
hupur
Fledgling

Post by hupur »

The road is breaking up already,what kind of crappy paving company did that.It's obvious to me that the base wasn't properly prepared,they should be made to tear it up and do it right.We don't want the mess like was made on highway 33!
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Plastic lawn for a plastic town.

Return to “Central Okanagan”