Snowmobiling. Little White. HighRim Trail

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
samsquench07
Übergod

Snowmobiling. Little White. HighRim Trail

Post by samsquench07 »

Hey there. Just wondering if any fellow snowmobilers out there know the little white area. Ive been up quite a few times so I know the general area.

I am looking to find a trail (if it exists) from canyon lakes, to little white. On my GPS it is marked High Rim Trail, and it appears I can reach it. The path in starts just after canyon lakes. Does this path exist? I can't find it yet?

Thanks in advance for the replies
Jack Handey

Re: Snowmobiling. Little White. HighRim Trail

Post by Jack Handey »

The way up from the canyon lake side is further along the road heading south about 3 km. you'll come to an intersecting old road on the right. If you follow this up about another 3 km there will be a few intersections on the left. These will take you up through some old trails and into the Wino bowl. To get to the top of little white from there is not for the novice rider , there are cliffs and tomahawk drop ( about 300' straight down) there are trails closer to canyon lake that you can take up but impossible to describe. Your best bet is to head down to the dog house and hook up with some regulars. Go over little white from the other side and exit thru the canyon lakes side. Ride safe
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Thanks man. So just so Im understanding correct, Once I am at Canyon Lake, go past for another 3km? I will take your advice also, and ask at the doghouse. Thanks for the help
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

and is the trail your referring to called the Little White Mountain Trail? There is a trail on my GPS labeled this.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

also, my direction I take is... I start at june springs, hit the kvr, past the dog house, onto canyon lakes.

The usually way I take up to little white, is past the dog house, when your turn right.... but lately, ive continued on past that to canyon lakes.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

My advice to you is to get ahold of the guys at Kelowna snowmobile club and go with them, do not go alone if your not sure of the route.
The way up to the top is not called Little White trail route, that is a hiking only trail!
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Hi Ultra violet. That little white trail your taking about, im sure snowmobilers could get up from there. A snowmobile can make it down any hiking trail, as they are not that wide. When I was there last week, I was at the point of the "litte white trail" and it seemed good to get up (no windfall, no overgrown brush, wide enough etc) . It just got late in day, so we decided to head back.... well 2pm, but that's pretty late if you are not 100% sure at the time where the trail leads.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

If the trail has snowmobile tracks on it, someone has gone up it and might take you up to the top, if it doesn't, then it probably is a no go.
This if February, usually by this time of the year, many snowmobilers have been to the top, so there should be a few sets of tracks up.
There are a few places where there are huge dropoffs, so you gotta know where your going and what your doing.
The main thing is to find a route that you can fit between trees.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”