Food poisoning from local fast-food chain

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Food Poisoning from local fast-food chain

Post by Fancy »

My friend was violently ill within hours - I was sick later but was not flu and pinpointed food source easily. Summer month, meat sitting in glass next to outside window was suspect. No proof though.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Rule #1 is never eat at a fast food place when it isn't busy, especially chicken. If they were only sick over night it probably wasn't full on food poisoning but they likely got sick from the chicken sitting too long after being cooked.

I've gotten food poisoning twice, once from bacon and once from chicken at a very popular restaurant. I really got sick again when I had chicken nuggets from a fast food place and it was obvious that about half of them had been sitting under the heater for far too long, after the first bite of the first one I ended up just taking a nibble of each one before eating it, and I ended up tossing about half of them out.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Anyone wanna talk about why I harvest my own wild game and cook it myself? I don't put pooping through the eye of a needle at 10 yards as one of my favourite past times. Free range, organic wild game meat for me!

I think eating at junk food places means ya takes yer chances. Everyone's body has a different tolerance for greasy food. Little kids may have suffered from grease overload rather than poisoning, and the dog from an abrupt change to its diet.

Now excuse me while I cook free range deer steak n eggs for breakfast!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

i would hassle them via social media,ie facebook
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Our bodies are smarter than we are at times....even if you do not get full blown food poisoning from tainted/undercooked/past it's prime food, quite often your body will recognize that you are ingesting something that it's going to pay for and try to reject it....get rid of it before it does further harm.
Many of us have become violently ill shortly after eating something...our body's way of getting rid of the toxins before they have a chance to do any real harm.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
Jack2010
Fledgling

Post by Jack2010 »

If everyone who gets sick, at any type of restaurant, reports it to the Health Department, then it can be traced back to a particular restaurant. If your children were the only who got sick, then they probably didn't get it from the food at the restaurant. But, I have to agree with others, why are you taking your kids there in the first place?
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Food poisoning from local fast-food chain

Post by Catz »

Anything in moderation. I am a good parent, and heaven forbid...sometimes we go to McD', or KFC! :ohmygod:
That makes me a poor role model for my kids?
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Food Poisining from local fast food chain

Post by fall »

Triple 6 wrote:What would you liked the food joint to do?

Look into why it happened to prevent further poisoning to customers and an apology and refund at the least and possibly a free coupon to earn your business back again!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

*off-topic/Jo*
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

*off-topic/Jo*
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

*off-topic/Jo*
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
bigchef
Fledgling

Post by bigchef »

Food poisoning is a tough issue for many reasons. First, 99% of food poisoning comes from the family home, not a restaurant. Second, if you complain to IH they will investigate immediately. They will test temps on fridges, cooking procedures, safety and sanitation procedures. If no other complaints were made in the same time period then likely it is not the restaurant but something else. Unfortunately, you will never know. Thirdly, food poisoning takes around 10-12 hours to set in. Unless of course the food was actually rotten in which case your stomach will pretty much try to eject the food immediately. Health inspectors also take the time frame into account.

Unfortunately for restauranteurs, most time someone becomes sick a couple hours after eating at a restaurant they immediately blame the restaurant when in 99% of cases it is something the person did at home. Not to say that this is case here, but those are the facts and it's a good thing you can't say the name of the restaurant on here. Because if it turned out to be untrue you would be liable and could get your pants sued off. No one wants that.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

"Symptoms from the most common types of food poisoning usually start within 2 - 6 hours of eating the food. That time may be longer or shorter, depending on the cause of the food poisoning."

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 001652.htm
All posts 100% moderator approved!
bigchef
Fledgling

Post by bigchef »

I guess it depends where you get your info from. Nevertheless, be careful what you say about a persons business. Some people are very litigious. Know that they caused it AND that it was through their own negligence before you slander them or you could be in for a world of hurt. Especially from a huge corporate chain.
western_star
Übergod

Post by western_star »

I got food poisoning from a fast food joint in Kelowna too. I had chicken too. Then about 1 month later I was on facebook and seen the restaurant's like button .. I said I can't like that cause I got food poisoning. The fast food joint told me to fill out their form on the web and so I did. They called me and told me they would send me some coupons. I never reported it to the health dept. when I probably should have.

Return to “Central Okanagan”